Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got some infromation on this player? He just signed a 2.5 year contract with us.

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
He is a solid defenceman...he is not spectacular or anything but he should do fine at AEK. The only thing is that he hasn't been playing any matches for the past 6 months. He made the stupid decision of signing for Terek Grozny (can you imagine) but then wanted to go back to Partizan, but couldn't due to some contract/licencing issues. He has been training with (and being payed by) Partizan for the time he was in limbo. He was still under contract with Partizan back in June, but I don't know what his status was after...do you know how much (if anything) AEK payed for him?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 mill euros apperently. He was signt to Replace the injured Giorgiopoulos who was having a great seasn with us but is outfor the rest of it...

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
That sounds a bit steep. Anyways, the FIFA arbitration commission ruled that Malbasa was not Terek's player - so I don't know why AEK would have to pay anything, unless the transfer fee went to Partizan (and I doubt it was 1 mil EUR). Anyways, another tidbit of info, Malbasa has 5 caps for our NT.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its probably not 1 mill but thats what i was told dont know the exact price. Hopefully he can preform, our weakness for the past 2 years has been the defence and GK (Especially GK).

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Risky move on AEK's part, Malbasa has been inactive for 6 months. I don't know what your club's ambitions are but if you are counting on him filling in your holes right a way then you should think twice.. He's a good player, in fact a very productive one. Fast down the left side (can also play central defender), decent crosser and has a good strong shot. However, surely there would of been better options than an out of form Malbasa for AEK? :confused:

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
I wonder why Partizan didn't re-sign him if he was still training with the team and getting paid as well?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you knew about our finacial situation than you would understand. The team is nothing compared to the 03 and even 04 squads. We have been rebuilding and were one of the most in-dept teams in the world. Recently we have just gotten most of it wiped clean thanks to Artho 44 and are slowly rebuilding our financial situation and youth accademies. We dont even have our own stadium and are using the rented OAKA. Getting a stadium is another goal for us which hopefully will be done soon (if we get euro 2012 then it will happen).

Basically right now any players with good enough skill that could help us get results in Greece, and preforme decently in Europe (I know im not the only Aekizo that wants to forget his years run...) would do. This guy sounds like he could help out our defence in due time.

Ps i really doupt we payed 1 mill considering we are looking for budget players..

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nikola Malbasa:

2004/04 AEK Athens
2004/05 Partizan Belgrade
2003/04 Partizan Belgrade
2002/03 Partizan Belgrade
1997 till 2002 Hajduk Kula

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
AEK have picked up a decent player.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Yup, Nikola was solid throughout his career with Partizan and played a vital role in helping us qualify for the Champions League.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts