Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on Kranjcar as a striker?

IMO this is where he should be playing.

He is to slow for the midfield, although when on his game is deadly but its not often enough. If he used his technique inside the box i believe he would prosper. He has a strong shot that if he worked on his accuracy would also be lethal.

Thoughts? I think we should try him and Dudu in a 4-4-2

plete
srna-corluka-simunic-pranjic
rakitic-leko-vuk-modric
kranjcar-dudu

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Not as a striker, he can't finish for turd, i wouldn't mind him being given a free role just behind the front man but definitely not as a No. 9. Sticking him on the left hand side of a 4-3-3 Pompey style is also good for him, no defensive responsibility and can cut inside and shoot.

He definitely cant play on the left hand side of a 4-4-2 because he gets exposed defensively too much.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Ćevapčići kid;6473389 said:

He is to slow for the midfield, although when on his game is deadly but its not often enough. If he used his technique inside the box i believe he would prosper. He has a strong shot that if he worked on his accuracy would also be lethal.

plete
rakitic-leko-vuk-modric
kranjcar-dudu
I'd much rather play Klasnic or Petric in that lineup..

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Striker? I think someones trying to force young Kranjčar into the lineup ;) You either have composure in the penalty area or you don't, you can't develop that, just ask Ola :irritate: Also, i have not seen many player's with a worse reaction time then him, by the time he would react to the ball, the opposition would be half way through the counter ;) We don't need to start about his off the ball movement. Naturally, he is a midfielder and i'm sure if he played that formation posted, he would most likely be coming into the midfield anyway. You "can" play him in the original #10 position and nowhere more. If we play 4-4-2 (Most likely when Eduardo comes back) LM should be for Rakitić. While Kranjčar is on the bench.

·
Registered
14,050 Posts
I feel sorry for Niko because if he was around 20-25 years ago he'd be an international superstar...all he'd have to do was get the ball to feet, beat a man or two, have a go from distance occasionally, make a fancy flick or one-two here and there...wave his arms around constantly like everyone around him is letting him down...basically the typical Balkan desetka...

IMHO he doesn't have room in our XI. I like him and I enjoy watching him play because he's got great talent...unfortunately you need more than just talent and we're lucky that we have guys who can replace him.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Striker? I think someones trying to force young Kranjčar into the lineup ;)
;)

You either have composure in the penalty area or you don't, you can't develop that, just ask Ola :irritate: Also, i have not seen many player's with a worse reaction time then him, by the time he would react to the ball, the opposition would be half way through the counter ;) We don't need to start about his off the ball movement.
:thmbup:

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
..all he'd have to do was get the ball to feet, beat a man or two, have a go from distance occasionally, make a fancy flick or one-two here and there...wave his arms around constantly like everyone around him is letting him down...basically the typical Balkan desetka...
:D

·
International
8,545 Posts
There's no need to try and force Kranjcar into the starting 11. It's up to him if he wants to improve on his game. There's no way Rakitic is going back to the bench after what he showed.

Niko will probably finish his career known as wasted talent/unfulfilled potential. I think things would've been better for him if his father wasn't coach of the NT.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
No chance, too slow and not agile enough. I think Kranjcar(even though I hate saying it) has to be benched.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ćevapčići kid;6473389 said:

plete
rakitic-leko-vuk-modric
kranjcar-dudu

Sounds more like a bad joke.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Sounds more like a bad joke.
What's next? Niko Kranjčar as a centre back, due to his big frame and ability to read the game :confused:

I don't think his career will go down as a failure, we can't forget, he did have a very good season in England. He just doesn't suit the NT set up, and should be benched.

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dunno, im not saying he should slip straight into this position, but io can see this working for some reason.

try it in a friendly is what im saying. im not trying to force anything, but a guy with this much technique and lets face it the best technique on our sqaud, well it being wasted. i think if given a decent enough run in FWD poziciju, he would be very very good there.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Petric/Klasnic are way better than Kranjcar up front. Kranjcar should play in midfield, Raketa left,Modric right which means Srna is out :tongue:

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Blaž;6474010 said:
What's next? Niko Kranjčar as a centre back, due to his big frame and ability to read the game :confused:
:D

DZG Every player should play on his natural position. We don't wanna Mirko Jozic and Otto Baric era again.
Corluka-Rb
Srna-RM 4-4-2
Kranjcar-LM 4-4-2
Modric-Def Mid
Simunic-LB

Shall I continue? :tongue:

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Hows that not natural? Every single one of them plays or played that in their clubs
And Niko played foward back on his junior days and sometimes at dinamo, does that mean its his best position?

Sure, footballers should be able to play a few different positions on the pitch if NEED BE, but that doesnt mean that is best suited for them.

Srna hasnt played RM in 5 years. Simunic nevers plays there for his club. Corluka will be a fulltime CB real soon. Modric played out wide in a free role under Ivankovic.

If you think those guys are "natural" at those positions in our 4-4-2 then we simply have different football philosophies.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I dont understand our infatuation with 195 cm Vedran Corluka out wide, who runs 8 km per match.

Just because he is strong on the ball and classy doesnt mean he is a RB.

Simply put, he would never play there under a guy like Gus Hiddink for example or any top Euro coach IMO, especially when we have Srna.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
I dont understand our infatuation with 195 cm Vedran Corluka out wide, who runs 8 km per match.

Just because he is strong on the ball and classy doesnt mean he is a RB.

Simply put, he would never play there under a guy like Gus Hiddink for example or any top Euro coach IMO, especially when we have Srna.
:thmbup: But, to be abit fair to Bilić, regarding Srna-Ćorluka combo, it's not like RM options are quality.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts