Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brazilian newspaper 'O Globo' reports that there should soon be negotiations between Inter and Flamengo on selling Ronaldo. In an interview with the player, this seems to be his wish, and the way to do that should pass through the sports merchandising giants Nike.

“I'm really embittered after this injury, and I’m doubtful about continuing to play in Europe, maybe it's time for me to think about me and my family," Ronaldo is reported as saying to 'O Globo'.

According the paper the player didn't confirm any negotiations between Inter and Flamengo, but he added "Who knows, in a short time I could be playing again in Seleçao and maybe even wearing the Flamengo colours."

'O Globo' adds Flamengo will make Inter an official bid just after Nike sign a lucrative sponsorship contract with the Brazilian club.

Walter Oaquim, vice-president of Flamengo said "If playing in Flamengo is Ronaldo’s own personal decision then we'll take care of that. The business of Nike is to sell jerseys and there is nobody better than Ronaldo to improve that business."

But Gabriele Oriali, Inter's director, denied on Saturday his club could even start negotiations to sell Ronaldo to Flamengo.

In an interview to RadioRai, Oriali explained: "Inter has not the desire to let Ronaldo move away" and added that he already had a phone talk with the striker, actually on vacation in Brazil, where Ronaldo was said to be "ready to continue to play with my club, Inter."

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
This Ronaldo-to-Flamengo talk has been going on for years. But Ronaldo and Nike have to know that his star will fade if he plays in Brazil. He will not get the same king of world exposure if he plays for a Brazilian team. And that's all Nike cares about, not about his desire to play at home.

And if the story is true and Ronaldo really thinks he would improve his life and prolong his career by moving to Flamengo, he's crazy! Maybe Serie A football is more difficult for a player than Brazilian league football is, but the Brazilian league has too many games, fields in bad condition, horrible fouls, etc.

If Ronaldo really wants to be happy, he should say good-bye to Inter, Nike and Flamengo and just quit football and move back to Rio de Janeiro. Then he could play barefoot on the beaches and enjoy football again -- the way he did before Nike entered his life.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
That´s true

1 - 5 of 5 Posts