Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This are the 23 Super Eagles taht will battle in the group of death :skull:, group F

Goalkeepers: Ike Shorunmu (Lausanne), Austin Ejide (Gabros), Vincent Enyeama (Enyimba)

Defenders: Efe Sodje (Crewe), Rabiu Afolabi (Standard Liege), Ifeanyi Udeze (PAOK Salonika), Justice Christopher (Royal Antwerp), Taribo West (unattached), Joseph Yobo (Marseille), Celestine Babayaro (Chelsea), Eric Ejiofor (Maccabi Haifa), Isaac Okoronkwo (Shaktar Donetsk)

Midfielders: Mutiu Adepoju (Salamanca), Austin Okocha (Paris Saint-Germain), Pius Ikedia (Ajax), James Obiorah (Lokomotiv Moscow), Benedict Akwuegbu (Shenyeng Gendi), Garba Lawal (Roda JC), Femi Opabumni (Grasshoppers Zurich)

Strikers: Julius Aghahowa (Shaktar Donetsk), Bartholomew Ogbeche (Paris Saint-Germain), John Utaka (Al Saad), Nwankwo Kanu (Arsenal)

No Oliseh and no Finidi it seems coach Onigbinde kept his word since he ealier treatened to leave both superstars out of his selection. Babayaro who was injured and West who is without a club, made the group afterall.

With Ogbeche of PSG and Obiorah of Lokomotiv Moskou, Nigeria has 2 very talented youngsters. How high do you rate this team. i think that if they can stick together as a group, they can make it through group F :dazed:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Yeah, I think they can. If you look at this squad, it's just amazing how talented the squad is. Winning three games in a row, it shows that Nigeria is more organized than they used to be.

I'm expecting a lot from Ogbeche. I also hope that Okocha and Kanu will lead the team. They need to step up and carry the team towards the second round.

:)
Prince

·
Registered
85 Posts
You will not be dissappointed. This guys are hungry and young... and above all they have talent.

Argentina's record against Nigeria is 1-1-1 and this team is as good as the team that beat Argentina the last time around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts