Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.vi.nl/vi/show/id=62802/contentid=66059/sc=9d7995

sorry got to register to see the story but I'm sure most of you are at VI.

It's about Go Ahead Eagels Niels Kokmeijer whos had to retire from professional football after 4 operations after a tackle from Spartas Rachid Bouazouan :( did any of you see it btw? I haven't

Talk is that Kokmeijer will want to take Bouazouan to court and I'm interested to hear your general thoughts on this. Should players be able to take others to court? will it make players not make tackles if they fear being taken to court if the injure someone else or do you agree especially if this tackle was done with intent?

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=149284

Took some searching but here it is Wally, courtesy of Chivu.

Complicated matter IMO, since this tackle is really out of the ordinary. But to take it to an extreme, what if every player that gets hurt tries to sue the other guy? Where would this end?

I think every pro player is or should be aware of the fact that nasty injuries are a risk of the game. Now with they wages they receive, I wouldn't mind taking these risks. Hell if you've played amateur football, you'll know what kind of afternoon you have when you forget your 'scheenbeschermers' every once in a while.

Now having said that, there should of course be limits and this case is pretty special simply for the fact that Kokmeijer has to end his career because of the tackle, so obviously I understand his grief and frustration.

In the end, I say, leave it up to the judges.

·
Registered
59,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, seen it now :eek: :(

Question also I guess is how much Kokmeijer will get and whether it'd be worthwhile. There was a case in England where Paul Elliot , a Chelsea player had to end his career early thanks to a terrible Dean Saunders tackle. It took him an age and fortunes to get Saunders and his case before the judges and in the end, Elliot only got peanuts. :blind: Judge probably thought there wasn't that it wasn't Saunders intent to do that I guess and the same will be the case if Kokmeijer goes to court.

Be handy if we had any law students on here, :D probably could tell us more or sporting cases they know (if they ever do something :eek:).None are on here I think or wasn't monte one? most are lazy alfa or gamma studenten on here :cool: :pp
That huge Milan gloryhunter :pp Bono is involved in law isn't he? should interest him if he's around.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Sad news for him, perhaps not that unexpected, but still.... I think the most worrying for him at the moment is the fact that simply walking around might not go anymore the way it did before.

I don't want to give a judgement about the case either if it should go to court or not. Only hope for the moment that Kokmeijer at least will recover well enough to be able to do everything like he could before the break.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts