Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great news for NEC ! it's been confirmed and it's good to see more strength in the non top 3 sides.

He's been built up to be really good, especially with all the hype surrounding his transfer and Groclin did quite well in the UEFA cup. PSV , Hertha Berlin and Deportivo were also interested in him! Young player too but is he really that good? are we talking about the next Stoichkov or will he be like Tomek Iwan? your views :)

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
How can we now since vitually nobody here has seen him play yet. If he was wanted by Deportivo or Hertha then I think they wouldv'e put him in the 2nd team for the time being. Otherwise I find it very hard to imagine why anyone would pick NEC if he is also wanted for the first team of somebody like Deportivo. :)

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
His record isn't that great yet to assure that he will score loads here too. Looking at his stats he got his fame from half a season at his former club where he scored 15 in 14 and then he was transfered to Groclin.On the other hand the Dutch league is a small strikersparadise so that could help him to set a name quickly, but he can better after his first official game. ;)

·
Registered
59,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another big signing could be on the way for NEC:

NEC verwacht mogelijk zelfs deze week nog opnieuw een groot buitenlands talent aan te trekken, zo meldt De Gelderlander. Het zou ditmaal gaan om een defensief ingestelde speler. Namen zijn nog niet genoemd. Ook deze transfer zou worden betaald door 'private investeerders'.

Dezelfde investeerders zorgden drie weken geleden voor de verassende komst van het Poolse talent Andrzej Niedzielan. Voorzitter Van Delft kondigde toen al aan dat NEC zich nog met drie of vier spelers van dit caliber zou gaan versterken. "Er is binnen NEC alleen nog maar geld voor top talenten", aldus Van Delft.

Verder werd vrijdag bekend dat Jeffrey Leiwakabessy zijn aflopende contract met de Nijmeegse club met twee jaar zal verlengen. NEC is nog in onderhandeling met trainer Johan Neeskens en middenvelder Mike Zonneveld over een langer verblijf in Nijmegen.
Hans van Delft really seems to be an ambitious man and good on him as long as he doesn't do a Leeds :eek:

This big talen to comet. Who could it be?! I expect it to be a player from somewhere like Bulgaria or Slovakia where talents are affordable for NEC.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Interesting development there in Nijmegen, although they must watch out that they don't rely too much on future sales, cause besides Gentenaar and now possibly Niedzielan and the mystery guest they don't have much players with a good marketworth.

You should expect a left footed central defender cause Ebbinge is useless.

·
Registered
59,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The first guys to be sent on their way out will be Zico Tumba, Rene van Rijswijk ,Dejan Govedarica and Dennis de Nooijer. Patrick Ax will need to hand in a lot of his salary if he is to stay.

Van Rijswijk must be one of the worst ever attackers I've ever seen (also one with the most scruffiest appearances ever). Tumba won't be missed either. Govedarica is still decent imo even though he's about 34 and slowish. He still has a physical presence.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
I think Govedarica is a good passes and he has good insight. Do you have any idea where he is going? Perhaps another Dutch team :)
I didn't even know van Rijswijk was a striker :eek: I thought he was a right-sided midfielder. And he does look more like someone from a motorcycle gang or something than a footballer :howler:

I think Hersi might be returning to Ajax. IMO he's played really good with NEC, and should van der Vaart leave, Hersi may come into the picture again.

I also think players like Mike Zonneveld and Resit Schuurman could have a future at one of the top3. I wonder if interest will arise for them in the coming months.

And maybe Dennis de Nooijer is something for Feyenoord, what do you think Wally? :howler: I mean, they have something for older players like Schreuder, Bombardo, Vos, van Vossen :eek:

·
Registered
59,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No idea where Govedarica is going but there certainly will be eredivisie clubs interested in him imo.! maybe RKC since they always tend to buy rejects of other clubs. Zwolle or ADO can definitely use someone like him imo.

v Rijswijk :D awful player. Schuurman and Zonneveld indeed look decent. Zonneveld's a left midfielder isn't he? and Schuurman a right wing back. Could be a replacement for Trabelsi if he leaves in the summer.

maybe de Nooijer will come to de Kuip to become yet another assistant manager :howler: seriously he'll be heading back to the kasteel if NEC don't act difficultly.

Hersi, I'm not so sure if he's real class. He looks good for NEC and he is better than Van der Gun or Knopper but he looks really fragile in some way. From what I've seen of him, I think he'll do well in a sub topper (just like Bobson was for NAC) but he may have too little to make it at a real big club, but we'll see :)

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Van Rijswijk has always been shit, cant believe that he has been a pro for so long. Couldn't score and hardly delivered an assist too in all those years with NEC.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
He got his permit, so I will be the first here at Xtratime who can check him out if he will get some minutes too on sunday against Ajax. Since he can play now NEC has decided that De Nooijer could move back to Sparta . They don't see the upcoming cupmatch against Sparta as problem anymore.

According to the reports they have also rounded up most of the negotiations with the mystery defender and his club, but they want to 100 % sure when they bring out the final news.

·
Registered
59,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chivu said:

According to the reports they have also rounded up most of the negotiations with the mystery defender and his club, but they want to 100 % sure when they bring out the final news.
oehhh They do like to make it exciting ! last time Feyenoord did that saying that a mystery South American midfielder was coming to us, it proved none other than Acuña :howler:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Finally a name is mentioned. One of NEC's fansite claims it's defensive midfielder and captain of Paraguay's U-23; Edgar Barreto. That sounds pretty good, since his team went to the Olympics instead of Brasil. A bit disappointed that he ain't a defender, but Govedarica and Doelen will probably leave this summer so they could use a new one for the future.

·
Registered
59,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
chivu said:
Finally a name is mentioned. One of NEC's fansite claims it's defensive midfielder and captain of Paraguay's U-23; Edgar Barreto. That sounds pretty good, since his team went to the Olympics instead of Brasil. A bit disappointed that he ain't a defender, but Govedarica and Doelen will probably leave this summer so they could use a new one for the future.
Vi desribed as a really good player! indeed they need a defender but with whoever their private mystery backer is, NEC will probably get someone in soon too.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i was surprising impressed by this fellow. first impressions don't tell me he's another foreign failure(those are at feyenoord ;) ) but he combined well, is physically strong, get's into good positions, and has a great eye for the goal, even with the bad weather circumstances.
it's like dennis de nooijer (who?) never even existed at NEC :howler:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is it true he scored against Feyenoord? Anybody saw the goal?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts