Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
31 league starts - 17 league goals. That's more than 1 in 2. Only Cristiano Ronaldo have scored more goals.

23 goals all season in all competition despite being shifted all over the place in different formations, and yet this guy still have his critics. Why is this man not as appreciated as he should be? Yes he sulks, yes he's a mardy git, but he is a quality player.

I'll put my neck out and say if Liverpool still had him, they would have won the title this season. He would have taken a bit of the burden off Torres' shoulder.

Nicolas Anelka :proud:

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
I'll put my neck out and say if Liverpool still had him, they would have won the title this season. He would have taken a bit of the burden off Torres' shoulder.
Ok I agree with you on everything, however this last part just made me laugh. :howler:

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think he would have made a difference to be honest. I don't know what's so funny. Are you saying his 17 league goals wouldn't have helped Liverpool to go that extra mile. Anelka have scored goals wherever he has gone.

·
THE
14,122 Posts
He would of got too much pressure there and would of not scored. With us, well, we did not give much toss about him

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
I think he would have made a difference to be honest. I don't know what's so funny. Are you saying his 17 league goals wouldn't have helped Liverpool to go that extra mile. Anelka have scored goals wherever he has gone.
I just don't think Liverpool would have won the title with him in the side. I also don't think he he would have scored so many goals with them.

·
Registered
17,505 Posts
His problem is he goes missing in big matches, he doesnt have the ruthless finishing streak, he missed from 2 yards out against man utd at home as u rememebr....

nonetheless no way i want to see him leave, the one that should go is drogba, 5 goals in 22 league games and missing 4 clear chances in semi final against barca and 3 chances in anfield against liverpool point out that he is finished pretty much, time to upgrade....Anelka is useful to kill the small teams and create problems with his pace..

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
He started off the season on fire and then cooled off. I'm surprised he scored so many goals because in some games you wouldn't even know that he was there. The 4-3-3- formation basically killed him again because he isn't a striker that can play on the wings, and isn't really active enough to play up top by himself. He still has his finishing boots though.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
The reason I don't care much for Anelka is that basicly 99% of his goals haven't got anything to do with him creating a chance for himself, with the exception of the Arsenal goal all his goals are like Pippo/Trez finishes. I've never been a big fan of strikers who can't create their own chances.

Fair play for his goals thought

Personally if we are getting rid of Drogba - Villa, Zlatan, Zarate or Benzema would be the only players we should be looking at. If we can't get any of them then we might as well keep Drogba-he atleast creates chances against teams like Barca. Tevez is overrated imo

·
I like things
14,200 Posts
Did Anelka play on the right wing for a majority of the season? I'm assuming most goals came when Drogba was out. Was Anelka the striker when Drogba was out or did he remain on the right?

·
Registered
17,505 Posts
no he scored plenty on right wing under Hiddink, no problems there..

·
Third Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
977 Posts
Did Anelka play on the right wing for a majority of the season? I'm assuming most goals came when Drogba was out. Was Anelka the striker when Drogba was out or did he remain on the right?
Their position weren't restricted. Sometimes Anelka played wide, sometimes Drogba moved there.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I think Anelka developed into the player he always should have been this season. He is a moody player. Lazy, inconsistent, unbeliavable selfish and a lot of the time, he seems to not even give a shit, but he is technically very good, very quick in the box and give him a chance, and he will score the goal.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
One hell of a player Anelka is.

You are lucky to have him.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
How about a swap for Zarate Amir? We'll through in Deco as well

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
fantastic striker, in a 4-4-2 with some muscle next to him, use him right and you have one of the worlds best strikers.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Jern you're living in the past; he hasnt been anything close to the world's best strikers since he left Arsenal

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
I think we should use him in a more central role, he played well in the right but his goalscorer instinct is wasted there. A bit inconsistent, but a real machine when he is on fire.

·
Registered
17,505 Posts
1on1 with a keeper have 10 times more confidence in him than drogba

1 - 20 of 29 Posts