Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night on the coverage of Chelsea VS United ( in australia we get this gay converage with some italian bloke with a massive moustache and then expert comments from none other than... Robbie Slater) it stated that nicky butt was a certainty for the world cup.

Id just like to say .... HOW??

I luv nicky butt, he seems to run his ass off and make some great tackles and shows great Determination which makes him a united player. BUT

every time he gets the ball he gives it away, like he tries to be too fancy or he cant pass it. He cant make a ten yard pass, let alone knock a 30 yard ball....

I dont have a problem with him getting in the squad, more united players the better, but im just worried that in a world cup where the players are of a higher quality than the premier league, some of his mistakes may cost england....

Yet saying this, he seems to play better for england...

I really luv him as a player, anyone who shows his endevour will take my heart any day of the week. But im just worried...

What do u think?

·
International
9,526 Posts
I know what your saying, but Butty has really come on recently. Playing far above what I've seen previously. I think that on his showing today, he has to be in the England squad at the very least. He is class, and I think he will continue to improve the more he plays. His biggest problem has been lack of matches

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Danny Murphy,Nicky Butt,Frank Lampard.:confused:

This just shows England's great strength in depth :D

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats that implying??

murphy has been one of the best players in the premier league this season!

Lampard hasnt been too bad, remember he is playing in a chelsea team that is very new to eACh other where half the team speak different languages and are yet to gel completely.

If u were being serious, then sorry!! :)

I think Butty is great, like i love him and i love the songs the old trafford faithful sing bout him, but realistically unless england play a very attacking team that needs a fairly defensive midfielder then i dont think he will play!!

ona good note, gerrard has been playing well on the right side and looks good with Gerrard, Dyer and Joe Cole in the squad adding more depth!

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
I'd rather see J Cole in the England squad than Butt, Butt's good defensively but like you all say, he has no depth.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Bunch of arses

Oh Nicky Nicky Nicky Nicky Nicky Nicky Nicky Butt!

Having the season of his life

just outclassed the "best midfield in Europe" according to some pundits...

Been doing the biz in the CL and in the PL....

Best destroyer in the game....

We love you Nicky. Some twats can't see your quality.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
He is doing an excellent job for United and thats all that matters,doesnt it.;)We havent missed Keano much during his absence primarily because Butt has been fantastic so far.Hopefully he'll keep on growing as a player.:)

About England,well this midfield looks best on paper without Becks......

Gerrard-----------Butt----------Scholes--------J.Cole----

Butt has to play.He is the best tackler among all the players above and also most adept in doing the dirty work while Gerrard and Scholes creates chances with their fantastic array of passing.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
He is doing an excellent job for United and thats all that matters,doesnt it.;)We havent missed Keano much during his absence primarily because Butt has been fantastic so far.Hopefully he'll keep on growing as a player.:)

About England,well this midfield looks best on paper without Becks......

Gerrard-----------Butt----------Scholes--------J.Cole----

Butt has to play.He is the best tackler among all the players above and also most adept in doing the dirty work while Gerrard and Scholes creates chances for the strikers with their fantastic array of passing.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok. So if beckham was fit, would you move Beckham onto the right, and move gerrard into the middle replacing Butt???

I like that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts