Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any nicknames for Real Madrid players? I mean, names like "el Buitre" (spelling?) and so on. Or does they give nicknames to players in Spain?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Raúl "el niño"
Zidane "el maestro"
Morientes "el moro"

and some oldies:

you mentioned Butragueño
Zamora "el divino"
Gento "el supersónico"

This is just on top of my head, there are more...

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
Raul --> "Raul Madrid", "el niño", "el futuro"
Zidane --> marca called him "el Zid" after the CL-final
Savio --> "el bailo"
RC --> "el cañon"
Hierro --> "el jefe"
Del B. --> "el mister"
Cambiasso --> "cuchu"

Mijatovic --> "el gomina" cause of his hair ;)
Redondo --> "el alma", "el principe"
Di Stefano --> "la saeta rubia"

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
does Hierrro have a nickname?????:confused:

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
as I already mentioned, Hierro is called "el jefe", which means: "the boss". Hierro means also IRON in spanish so hes somtimes also called "Ironman".

Just know the nickname Barca-fans gave figo...such as "pesetero"

Casillas is called by the papers "Iker de Espana" or just "Ikerman".

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Raul es el Angel de Madrid
Moriente es el Moro
Hierro es Bubu for his ears (ElephaNT like)
R. Carlos El Gladiador
Zidane es El Cid
Solari es el Indiecito
D Bosque es el Bigoton
Geremi es el Toro ( I think he is gone)
Makelele es el Monstruo
Real Madrid son Los Merengues

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
When Seedorf played for Real did he have a nickname??:confused:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
does Salgado or McManamann have nicks???

·
Registered
907 Posts
" el niño" , "Raulito" , " raulinho" , " el aguanis"( after his goal in intercontinental cup ) and "el bebé" for Raul

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This has bothered me for weeks now and finally i remember to ask you :)

Cambiasso has this nickname El Cuchu. That does it actually mean? or does it mean anything? i have tried to search dictionaries for this but i have had no luck...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Douy said:
does Salgado or McManamann have nicks???
Yeah, Mcmanamann is always called 'Macca' and, there's another funny fact that most people pronounces his name in Spanish way in Madrid, like Mukmunumunn (in English pron) :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Juhana said:
Cambiasso has this nickname El Cuchu. That does it actually mean? or does it mean anything? i have tried to search dictionaries for this but i have had no luck...
He is nicknamed cuchu because he looks like cuchuflito, a tv-star. He is tall and skinny, and very rubio (the opposite of dark-haired. whats this in english?). He is like an albino-argentinian :D

BTW, he did well (from what I could see on that microscopic screen on antena3;)) last night, and he used the nr 5, like a typical argentinian playmaker.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
el niño said:
He is nicknamed cuchu because he looks like cuchuflito, a tv-star. He is tall and skinny, and very rubio (the opposite of dark-haired. whats this in english?). He is like an albino-argentinian :D
Thanks! But I thought that Cambiasso is not so tall? And rubio, i guess, is blond in english :)

This has nothing to do with Real Madrid, but i'd also like to know that i heard SKA-P -song named Planeta Eskoria. What does the Eskoria mean? I can tell you that it is another word i can't find from Finnish-Spanish-Finnish dictionary ;)

el niño said:
BTW, he did well (from what I could see on that microscopic screen on antena3;)) last night, and he used the nr 5, like a typical argentinian playmaker.
Did I miss something, or what, but if you mean Real Madrid - Liverpool match, i thought that Cambiasso used number 19 and that Zidane was still number 5...

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
planeta eskoria: scum planet, actually the right word in spanish is escoria but they write it with K to make it Kooler ;)

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Ivan Campo el Cavernicola

Zidane Harry Porter

fiorentino Perez El hijo se su maldta madre que nos robo Ronaldo :D

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Alter Ego said:
planeta eskoria: scum planet, actually the right word in spanish is escoria but they write it with K to make it Kooler ;)
Thanks! Now i checked my dictionary for escoria also, and it didn't have it either... i am starting to think that my dictionary is little incomplete :)

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
el niño said:

and some oldies:

you mentioned Butragueño
Zamora "el divino"
Gento "el supersónico"

This is just on top of my head, there are more...
To keep on with old legends:

Gento -> "La Galerna del Cantábrico" (from a very strong wind that blows on the Cantabric sea)
Di Stefano -> "La Saeta Rubia" (the Blond Arrow)
García Remón -> "El Gato de Odessa" (or the Odessa Cat, after an amazing match played against Dinamo Kiev)
Luis Molowny -> "El Mangas" (Sleeves, because he usualy played with the border of his sleeves caught into his fingers)
Amancio Amaro -> "El Brujo" (the Sorcerer)
Ferenc Puskas -> "Cañoncito Pum" (something like Little Canon Boom, because it seems his shots on goal could make Roberto Carlos pale in envy)
Raymond Kopa -> Napoleón

Other players that I remember now:
Juan José -> Sandokan, after his hair style
Uli Stielike -> The Panzer
Vicente Del Bosque (as a player) -> "Cámara Lenta" (Slow-Motion), because his style of playing
Paco Llorente -> El Lechuga (Letuce? - He was vegetarian!)

Anyway, nicknames are not so popular in the spanish football like they are in Argentina, for instance. They're nothing but something more or less funny.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts