Xtratime Community banner

561 - 580 of 617 Posts

·
Registered
69,243 Posts
Columbus go up 2-0 in their series against Tampa, four point night for Duchene and overall a pathetic performance by the Lightning, even when they had a good fight at the end of the first they got no bounce from that. However its important to note Columbus did the same thing last season, winning the opening two games away to Washington before losing 4 straight.

Islanders-Pens tied at 1:1 end of 2nd period, feisty game, physical but Islanders are 0-5 on the PP including a 5 on 3 for more than a minute :groan:

·
Registered
69,243 Posts
Islanders go up 2:0 in the series with a 3:1 win, more tight than the first game but the Pens look slow and Letang is not having a good series, almost a line brawl at the end when Malkin and Nelson got into it but the refs put a stop to it quickly, would have been funny as the Pens had all their top stars on the ice too

Golden Knights have blown a three goal lead in the first period, SJ already pulled their goalie, Vegas probably can't afford to do it. Wild game in Winnipeg as well, that's also 3:3 at the end of 2 however

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'm happy for Columbus , they earned a playoff spot playing amazing hockey down the stretch and Tampa has no answer for them

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
I usually hate the leafs but feel bad for them after the horrible ref job last game. Boston has been some of the biggest "cheaters" for as long as I've been watching hockey.

By cheaters I mean that they exploit the fact the refs call very little in the playoffs. Theoretically anyone can do this, but I wonder if Boston has more leeway because of their owner. Anyway, we see what happens when the other team responds in a similar fashion... One player will get killed out there.

·
Registered
69,243 Posts
Ovechkin knocked out Svechnikov in a fight, though Canes up 3:0 on the Caps so far

Leafs scored 2 pp goals to go up 3:1 but the Bruins responded with their own pp goal at the end of the 2nd, should be a good finish, not as chippy as I expected the game to be

·
Registered
69,243 Posts
Lightning and Pens swept in the first round, the Lightning sweep historical in many ways, the first President Trophy winner to get swept in the first round and the first time in their franchise history that the Blue Jackets won a round in the playoffs. Tampa Bay never regained momentum after blowing that lead in Game 1. Their twitter had to release this statement btw :howler:

Pens didn't look good other than the first game in the series, quite frankly they looked old and slow, Islanders fore-checking was relentless and they got timely goals, even when the Pens would take the lead the Islanders would find a way to score within a couple of minutes. For the Islanders its their first sweep since 1983 and only the third time since then they get out the first round

About the Pens, their window is probably closed, they have some bad contracts too (Kessel, Hornqvist, Letang to name a few).

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
what a stupid tweet by the bolts

trotz will face washington in the next round?

glad toronto won after being ripped by the refs in the previous game

how did thornton only get one game for his blatant head shot? (rhetorical... we all know why... $$$)

·
Registered
69,243 Posts
So both conference winners go out rather meekly, the Preds one game from elimination as well, only the Capitals among the division winners look like they will advance

·
Registered
69,243 Posts
Both teams facing elimination today won their Game 6 away from home too, Boston did it fairly comfortably against the Leafs despite giving up the first goal. The Sharks got a 2OT victory in Vegas on a shorthanded goal when a rare OT penalty was called against them.

561 - 580 of 617 Posts