81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Well I expected that we would disagree
I was mainly talking about the years 2009 and 2010
or when Neymar was 17 to 18 compared to
Messi in 2005-06, 2006-07.
Both at 18 was perhaps close, surely closer than now and one can argue about whether Neymar was even ahead or not.
I agree with JCamilo that Neymar after that has developed his team
playing and passing but still I am a bit disappointed
in his other development
maybe it is in the conditions and enviroment that puts
alot of pressure on him both in Santos and in selecao,
a real make or break situation.
There has been and are so many talents in Brasil but few makes it, much fewer than should and that is how tough life is, there I agree with You about the impact of life.
Even the ones that do make it, at least at one level,
like Ronaldinho and Adriano, is not mentally properly
prepared for success and to continue to persue it
after having the taste of it.

Or to phrase it differently
noone is close to the support team that
Messi and C.Ronaldo has,
noone in history.

Brazil 1958 just to name one from Brazil, or Di Stefano's Madrid, River, Puska's Hungary, Cryuff's Holland..etc...o sea...that was was a very wrong rephrase...)specially with the none is close involved)
What I meant by saying support team was that no team have had the same focal point at one particular player
and that is also the reason why they can achieve that kind of statistical numbers.
This also correlates well with todays crave for individual mega stars.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Right now, Neymar needs to be preparing mentally for the Olympics. That's when he needs to perform, doing well there can be a defining career moment for him. I hope Mano takes Hulk with the Olympic team, to take some pressure off Neymar on the frontline (and I thought they worked well together, as their styles combine in an interesting mix of flair and power). The problem is that Santos kind of needs Neymar's undivided attention in the Brasileiro too, but this sort of pressure comes with the territory.

And of course, Leandro Damiao needs to stand up and deliver in the Olympics too. Neymar will not win anything by himself.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
yea, Im hoping he's focused on the Olympics- he could really make a name for himself there. agreed! and with Hulk there, this should be the start of an awesome partnership

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
He just crashed physically in my opinion.. you can see he's just dead-tired on the pitch.

Playing 80 games a season with endless flights, not to mention many other marketing obligations would do this to a man, even a 20 year old kid.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
he's just playing alongside with a bunch of shitty teammates. Look what he did against portuguesa.

all portuguesa defenders went to him and left borges wide open, he dribbled some, got fouled, still passed the ball to borges and he missed...

No player will succeed if others teams are able to send 3 and even 4 of their defenders to guard such a player if his teammates cannot punish the opposing side.

·
Administrator
29,547 Posts
The media here is saying Neymar is being marked, they forget to say he is marked by Allan Kardec.

Santos project to keep Neymar is falling in one aspect, the ambition of the boy to be recognized besides the money. They are thinking small with every reinforcement. Compare the team that won the Libertadores with difficulty, they could not improve much. Juan and Fusili on right side, the drama queen Elano on the middle, Aroucawho thinks too high of himself, no help to give Ganso time to heal and putting him constantly on field way before he is recored and Alla Kardec. That is a joke.

Muricy shows his small mentality, he still thinks in mediocre teams defending and cannot use the jewells he have. No attempt to risk much. The most money they got was for Henrique, a dm. No attempt to cure from Duvall clearly failures...

After the defeat to Barcelona, his complex of vira-lata was amazing. He clearly didnt prepare the team and allowed too much oba-oba in the sense it was a fun game, not a competition. Then he starts to talk - to compesate his previous arrogance - how he has to learn. And he learns what?Ball possession? With a team with only too really technicall players that can pass the ball quickly (Ganso and neymar) he tries to imitate Barcelona? It was a embarssing display of missing passes.

And after losing the games his reactions were awful. "Everytime i lose libertadores I won the brasileirão' or "That is how i wont titles" (reggarding his 0-0 game with portuguesa. Talk about dellusion, if he learnt it from Parreira, he should know about ball possession.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
ZUaBBlaM_D4
That play where he dribbled back to his half :howler:
only in Santos would he get away with that :howler:

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
What I meant by saying support team was that no team have had the same focal point at one particular player
and that is also the reason why they can achieve that kind of statistical numbers.
This also correlates well with todays crave for individual mega stars

That is not real man, but it doesn't matter.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
An english diver.

Quote:
This also correlates well with todays crave for individual mega stars

That is not real man, but it doesn't matter.
Sure there might be teams through history
with more focal point at one particular player
but not at this level and position.
I believe it is a big part of the reason
and at least some stats speak for it,
as far back as You can get hold of it.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Is it just me, or does he always play better in the second half?

Against Belarus
BJdXctzEPLs

Against Egypt
EQkz-CI2iaY

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
[tub]DZXAgHzrLpA[/tub]
I dont know what the corinthians defense is thinking, but everytime Neymar had the ball he had 20 metters of space around him...
That never happens in the NT

81 - 100 of 107 Posts