Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is for all the folks who want to discuss the kid and watch his latest matches/antics :D - Brazilians know, but others might not.

So- Here is the latest:

The lastest matches:

For Club (that I can find a good vid of- unlike the match against flamengo)
[tub]PlxEyCA1kuE[/tub]

For Country
[tub]gaioLvvTFsw[/tub]

Also latest news,
This article http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/futebol-internacional/noticia/2011/10/neymar-esta-na-lista-de-50-jogadores-candidatos-bola-de-ouro.html states that Neymar has been shortlisted for the top 50 for the ballon'dor

Also,
According to this: http://globoesporte.globo.com/videos/globo-esporte/v/neymar-e-o-jogador-que-mais-jogou-no-brasil-61-jogos-em-10-meses/1674081/

Neymar has played 61 games THIS YEAR:eek::eek::eek:

Finally,
Does anyone know how to make hyperlinks? :D

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
He's made of rubber that kid. his durability is mindblowing.

He's prolly the only player I just know will not get really hurt, even if he plays dead on the pitch. he'll somehow standup after 2min like everything is fine... and it happens just about any other game too.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
game against Flamengo:

qVHgCwLDf7U

Had an excellent 2nd half.... even got me believing in those fouls :D

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
He scored 5, but the ref disallowed a legit goal from him.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Not sure how he is going to fit into Real Madrid's formation, since he plays the same position as some guy named Cristiano Ronaldo, but it should be interesting.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Not sure how he is going to fit into Real Madrid's formation, since he plays the same position as some guy named Cristiano Ronaldo, but it should be interesting.
You can improvise a two winger/support stirker formation with Neymar and Di Maria and CR as centre forward.

But is clear that if neymar goes to Madrid he must understand that he might be asked different roles than he is accostume to do.
The best thing for him might be in the long term to play as wild card without a fixed position a la Messi, helping in the middle, falling to the flanks if necessary and allways with appearences in the box.

In such role, this would mean that Real doesn't need to get rid of anyone from Ozil, Di Maria, Higuain or Benzema and can alternate very different formations with very different players. A luxury only few teams can enjoy..

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
He doesn't play a fixed spot with Santos too, he's always on the move and playing wherever he wants to with ultimate freedom.

I can't see a reason why it won't work, and with Mourinho of all people who loves his attackers to constantly switch positions during the game to keep the defence guessing.

His only problem is his physicality right now - and obviously how he'll respond to not being the "big-dog" in the dressing room - but with everyone speaking portuguese including the coach he should blend in well as he fits that Cristiano/Marcelo etc group.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
He doesn't play a fixed spot with Santos too, he's always on the move and playing wherever he wants to with ultimate freedom.

I can't see a reason why it won't work, and with Mourinho of all people who loves his attackers to constantly switch positions during the game to keep the defence guessing.

His only problem is his physicality right now - and obviously how he'll respond to not being the "big-dog" in the dressing room.
Is not a question if he does or not, I wasn't pointing that (more when I think is the best role for him like I've said)....

I was reffering to the fact that big clubs in Eurpe not few times like to convert players from SA in different players with different roles and that he won't be the big fish in the pond like you've said.

As a side note regarding what you've said about Mou, I conccur but he also likes more rigid or aditional tasks in the strategy deparment, specially in certain games.

Back to my original intention and to put it simple, Neymar must start thinking that he might arrive and be asked to play in a role that he might feel is not the best for him, happened with robinho, rivaldo, riquelme, higuain, or even a different case: etoo role with Mou at Inter.

That's why I was talking in a general way, in fact we don't know if Mou will be there by the time probably Neymar arrives to real (if such thing happens), neither the team Madrid would have at such moment. As long as neymar keep this form, the interest would exist from Barca, Madrid or whomever in Europe, but some things barely change, that sort of approach to star players in SA once they arrive to Europe, is quite typical. He'll have to prepare his head for that.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Yup I agree, it's all in the head if he makes it or not.

What I think will work to his advantage is I don't think he's a stubbern kid - especiely not if a guy like Mou, or a guy like Pep orders him around.

In Brazil he got his freedom and he pretty much used and abused it to the max. but you could see a clear change when an authority like Muricy came in - and his attitude on the pitch changed like night and day accordingly.

So I think one of his biggest weaknesses(for example not helping on defence tracking back/applying pressure) would not be as major as people watching him in the Brazilian league thinks - as also it's a completely diffrent game in Brazil\SA and in Madrid\Europe, when in Brazil the coachs actually NEED him to act like a star saving his strength etc.
The question is how much of a star does he actually think himself to be, and how stubbern/thick-headed he is - but from all i've read and saw regarding to how importent and dominent his father is in his life, and how level-headed he is - I think Neymar will not be a Balotelli\Cassano case in terms of doing what your coach tells you.

I think Mourinho\Pep will sell him to the "greater good" cause in doing stuff he might not like to do aswell, and when he'll see the talents around him be it Messi, Iniesta, Cesc, Xavi - or Ronaldo, Di Maria, Kaka - leave thier egos aside and do what the coach tells them to, he will not be the odd man out and fit into that pattern.

I have more faith in his father then I have in the kid himself tbh.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
YLlUhCvXvT8

Btw look what this dude did to him, sick trick lol.. in around 1:20
bx17esKBZlQ

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
^^ que palhaçadinha americanizada da porra hein? palhaçadinha é o nome disso.

num serve de nada.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
oh and what an annoying phucker also acting like he's mediating a rap battle...

fml!

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Neymar is the one in the white shirt.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts