Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should he go to Chelsea? or Europe? he's only 17.... should he even be thinking about Europe yet?

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do you guys rate the kid? He looks like another Robinho... too many similarities there actually...

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Should he go to Chelsea? or Europe? he's only 17.... should he even be thinking about Europe yet?
He shouldn't, but that's the world we live in. Santos has had to pay him inflated wages for years just to keep him there so far... a transfer to a foreign club is pretty much inevitable at some point, but he really should wait for another year or two in order to mature his game. Moving abroad at this age always presents the risk of the player stagnating at the bench (like Breno at Bayern Munich) or even being prematurely discarded with the label "failed in Europe" if he doesn't justify the investment his new club made quickly enough.

I've read that Santos provides english classes to Neymar and other of their youth players, so the EPL may very well be his destination.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Neymar and Robinho are very similar indeed.
He may be overrated but still
Neymar is one of the biggest talents in Brasil and the world at the moment.
At 17 he´s already in the first team of Santos and
9 goals and 7 assists in 32 games.
As said the wisest thing for him is to stay in Santos for a couple of years more and establish himself before leaving.

·
Bernard > Messi
2,687 Posts
how do you guys rate the kid? He looks like another Robinho... too many similarities there actually...
Actually when crapinho was playing in Brazil he was a monster. The kid used to destroy everyone...

After what he did to leave Santos and went to Europe to live la vida loca was when his career stagnated. He not only stopped his development as a player but actually his skills got deteriorated... But before that 90% of population had a lot of faith in his future.

Neymar can't clean the shoes of Robinho when we compare the beginning of their careers as pros.

IMO Neymar is a product of a massive hype done by Wagner Ribeiro. (Managed robinho's career also)Robinho was know since he was a pre-teen because Pelé called the media to say that robinho would shock the world in the future.)

Sure Neymar got some skills and got some stats this year but most of his goals/assists were done in meaningless games or against the weakest teams or when the game was already decided.

If neymar is one of the biggest talents in the world today I'm sure I'll dislike the football played in some years.

Neymar is closer to Denilson than to Robinho.

Same hype without nothing to back up except useless dribbles and 2-3 beautiful goals. While Robinho actually destroyed teams not only at our league but in Libertadores too

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Neymar scores 5 gols...
is he the next Robinho, Denilson, Pato or Kaka?

[tub]1yNJiV330dQ[/tub]
Whatever he is, he is not the Brazilian Messi

that last gol is beautiful!

·
Registered
590 Posts
He is more objetive than Robinho. Thats realy good. And may get more physical too.. Playing in the same space Cristiano Ronaldo plays, he can do some real damage. But may do some international flop too..

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Neymar scores 5 gols...

[tub]1yNJiV330dQ[/tub]

that last gol is beautiful!
Goal celebrations are plain hilarious. :howler: :D

He seems to me more like Romario type of guy, fast, maybe not so technical, but finds really interesting ways to put the ball into the net.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
They're different players, and Coutinho is one of the few lights of a poor team while Neymar is one of the stars of a strong team. It's hard to compare.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Neymar scores 5 gols...
He has some moves and touches that is similar to Messi,
I would say he is something in between Robinho and Messi
but more similar to Robinho. Nilmar is another comparison.
Romario as mentioned here also had swift fine movements in small
areas that can be compared.
He is no next of anyone but himself of course, a great talent
that might become something great, so far so good.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Arguably who is a more effective footballer between Coutinho and Neymar?
Very difficult to say at this stage, as Grinch says,
There are many similarities, Coutinho may be more of a midfielder
but he has shown some great finishing skills too,
however he still have not yet made the same impact at senior level
but at the moment their circumstances are very different.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Thanks for the responses, guys. I wish I could watch him play on a regular basis, I'm really excited about the prospect of him joining Inter.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Neimar is a young man of many talents, unfortunately he has also the talnt (very common in Argentina) to simulate fouls on him. this "cai-cai" has brought to him and his team many FK and PK, in the lastbgame against Ceara he should have been sent off. O really hope that such a thing will not gbe the decisive in the game today. THey do not need him, |Gremio is coming with a mixed team, the defense is not the regular one because of suspention and injuries.. only miracle can help Gremio to win this one.
TGhe goal of Robinho saved the match for Santos, after the wonderful virada of the domestic team in the Olimpico

Messi was like this when he was younger, now he does not use this ugly tricks any more. So will Neimar. It is a pity that he uses it today. not suitable for a guri of his talent

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I don't like it either but unfortunately
this very common nowdays.
Many players has used this, like C Ronaldo, Robinho etc etc etc
He is far from the only one to take the blame for this.
I would not say that they don't need him, this about suspensions
and injuries is part of the game, not to use as excuse, depth of squads is needed. Sometimes motivated bench players can be even better, I think this still is a very tight game that can end in either way.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Basicly it's all about his mentality which can't be judged till he goes away from Brazil to Europe.

If he keeps a professional attitude and work hard, it will only benefit him, and make him big.

If he will play big a year or two and then say 'oh fvck this' like others did, it won't end good.

Great player, but with some question marks over his head, and it's not cause of his football ability.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts