Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok people, I was wondering... Ranieri has said that he will probably is going to use a 4-3-3 formation next year, so how do you think guys like Nedved or Camoranesi can fit into that formation.

My point is, if we use a 4-3-3 formation, and knowing Ranieri, that means we will use two midfieldes with defensive skills and one midfielder with attaking skills, for example:

Camoranesi - Sissoko - Zanetti

Now having said that, probably means that Nedved either is going to be send in front or be use has backup.

Also, another question in this, is Del Piero, can he adapt to this formation?

Your coments please

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I know it wouldn't happen but I think a 4-2-3-1 could work.........

-------------Sissoko----Zanetti
Camoranesi-------Del Piero-------Giovinco
-----------------Trezeguet

As for a 4-3-3.......it could work and Camoranesi can definitely play in a 3 man midfield but like you said, can Del Piero adapt?

·
Registered
17,531 Posts
I think he will alternate between the 4-4-2 and the 4-3-3 like this season.

DP doesn't have the legs to play out wide in the latter.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Agree with Nero, DP should be infront as he will be 34 in November, didn't think that he will produce this season THIS much imo, but he did.

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
If this Amauri saga will be over and he eventually sign for juve, dont you think he will be a starter? management seem to be to keen on him(would you be so keen on a player who would be a backup bench player) Besides i have a feeling that Ranieri wont rush with Giovinco and automatic starting spot might not be the case at the start of next season.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
**** Amauri.... and if he comes.... OK, I just hope it doesn't prevent us from getting our real priorities straight :)

Formations - taking Buffon for granted and assuming we have some sort of defence to complement Chiellini's presence.....

------------DP-----Trez
Mancini----Sissokko Deco-------Camo

-----------------Trez
------Giovinco------------Camoranesi
-----------------Deco
-----------Sissokko Zanetti

That would rock. And we'd be fun to watch... and deep.

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
You are giving too much credit to Deco. This season he hasnt been all that good at all. Although i think he wouldnt fail in serie a, but his getting older, i can see it myself, not as fast. Imo there is a risk that he could be a liability in that 4-3-3 system. Also i am a bit concerned if that 4-3-3 really would work, cause Camo is more deeper winger and his more into assists then scoring. His not a VPersie, Robben or Babel (or someone similar) kind of wing player, who can go all the way towards goal and will score often.

Maybe we should opt to giving Giovinco a more freedom role in the middle? His still developing you know. So something like this could work out? The q right now for me is that, if we get Mancini, Giovinco cant really play on the left, cause Mancini has always played on the left for Roma.

------------Trez-----------
----Mancini------Giovinco---

Or maybe
-----------Trez------------
---------Giovinco----------
Mancini----Sissoko----Camo
----------Zanetti?(hamsik?, marchisio? aquillani?)---------
LB----Chiellini--Zapata---RB(melberg?)
----------Buffon-----------

Anyway, we need to sign some good fullbacks ASAP.

Just thinking about fullbacks, i know that cicinho wasnt that happy at roma at some point. But surely roma wont give us mancini and cicinho?

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I'm not saying Deco is the same anymore. In fact - in the rumours thread - I explicitly said he was not. But getting a new challenge and getting out of Barcelona where he's been partying too much to Turin where his option in that regard would be limited and the ambience very different.... no matter, he was in the CL semi's and is a hell of a lot better than any other options we have.

That includes the big TALENT Giovinco, who - lest we forget - is playing in a side that is currently looking like a favourite for relegation.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
**** Amauri.... and if he comes.... OK, I just hope it doesn't prevent us from getting our real priorities straight :)

Formations - taking Buffon for granted and assuming we have some sort of defence to complement Chiellini's presence.....

------------DP-----Trez
Mancini----Sissokko Deco-------Camo

-----------------Trez
------Giovinco------------Camoranesi
-----------------Deco
-----------Sissokko Zanetti

That would rock. And we'd be fun to watch... and deep.

I like both formations. I think if Mancini arrives and Giovinco returns, we'll have a set of very fast wingers playing off our target men.

I like the 4-3-3 formation the most, but the best part about it all is that teh team can revert back to a 4-4-2 type formation easily. That is is mancini, giovinco and deco were all there. Nedved and Del Piero as back up give good coverage...maybe a gilardino type as back up for trez and then marchisio and nocerino on back up to the DMs. its a nice squad.

All we'll need is a couple of full backs and a partner for Chiellini and we'll be well set.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
.................Buffon..............
Grygera....X.........Y/Legro.......Chellini
..........Sissoko...Keita..............
...............Nasri/Camo.............
Nasri/Camo.............Giovinco/Nedved
.................Trez...................

*S.Keita is a crack of a CM , has everything fierce shots , very good passing and strength

2 midfielders and 2 CBS are a must imo .... although we can depend on Legro

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Raulito, you gotta be kidding me, the Capocannoniere won't be benched unless he's not fit / injured imo, or maybe for rotational purposes.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
He is turning 34 !!!

time for him to stay on the bench and provide the team with his experience when needed

you cant put a 34 year old guy who doesnt look very fit physically in the starting formation for a whole season ..... he will rotate but I doubt Ranieri would dare to bench him

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Still he's one of our best players and is on top of the scoring charts.

I'd say buy a striker and then we will see what happens, CL football also needs some attackers, we can't only rely on Trez - DP, maybe Giovinco will have some role.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
still I think he should be Trezeguet's substitute next year

let them compete for one spot but Iam sure Trez would be the starter in this case

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
That if we play 4-3-3 in the 1st place, we don't have a good defense either.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
thats why I believe we should sign 2 midfielders and 2 CBs

·
va' fancul
1,903 Posts
---------Amauri------Trez

--Nedved--Sissoko-Zanetti---Camo

--Chiellini--Ufalujsi-Andrade--Ferriera

I'm convinced this side would concede the least amount of goals out of any top European club next season.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts