Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the eight teams taking part in the Copa do Campeoes (Champions Cup) are involved in their preparations for the start of the tournament, the CBF is finalising the last administrative details. In a communiqué released on Thursday (06/07), the football regulatory body published the times and dates e of all the matches up to the grand final on 25 July.

The winner of the competition automatically qualifies for one of the coveted places in the Libertadores Cup next year. The eight teams will meet in the capital cities of Joao Pessoa and Maceio for the first round matches.

The times and dates of the matches are as follows:

Quarter finals

12 July (Wednesday)

(SP) Sao Paulo vs. Vitoria (BA) -
(King Pele stadium - Maceio) - 19:30.

(RJ) Flamengo vs. Goiás (GO) -
(King Pele stadium - Maceio - 21:40.

(SP) Palmeiras vs. Cruzeiro (MG) -
(Almeidao stadium - Joao Pessoa) - 19:30.

(MG) America vs. Sport (PE) -
(Almeidao stadium - Joao Pessoa) - 21:40.

15 July (Saturday)

(MG) Cruzeiro vs. Palmeiras (SP) -
(King Pele stadium –Maceio) - 16:00

(PE) Sport vs. America (MG) -
(King Pele stadium –Maceio) - 18:00

(GO) Goias vs. Flamengo (RJ) -
(Almeidao stadium - Joao Pessoa) - 16:00

(BA) Vitoria vs. Sao Paulo (SP) -
(Almeidao stadium - Joao Pessoa) - 18:00

In the semi-finals the winner of Sao Paulo vs. Vitoria will play the winner of the match between America and Sport. The other semi-final will be decided between Flamengo and Goias against either Cruzeiro or Palmeiras. The semis will be played in two legs and only the final on 25 July in Maceio will be decided in one game.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...well, what was here is now the Candinho thread... :)

CESF
CESC

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Alexx,
Cruzeiro and Palmeiras have developed a big rivalrly in the last couple of years, they always meet each other...and most of the times Cruzeiro beats Palmeiras.
In 96, Palmieras had a "marvelous team" (even I got to admit that), and Dida (while playing for Cruzeiro) totally closed up the goal..he was bombarded in the Copa do Brasil final of 96, and with 10 minutes to go, Roberto Gaucho (the one from Miami Fusion) scored the wining goal, and took Palmieras the title which even the most fanatic Cruzeiro fan would find it difficult to beleive:) I cried when he scored the goal....I was so happy to see those ****s crying of sadness.....funny enough it was in the same day Italy were knocked out of the Euro 96 by Germany.
the palmeiras team was the following:

Velloso

Cafu Claudio Cleber Junior

Amaral F. Conceicao

Djalminha Rivaldo

Luizao Muller

Muller refused to play the final as his contract had expired and he hated Palmeiras..that was one of the reasonss...and the other basically when a team is super favourite to win..things like that happen!:)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...some background info always kicks up the emotion. Now I know even better why I will stand firm in the Cruzeiro camp.

Plus I now have a clue why the thing with the Luizao shirt did not work out. Better this way, I didn't know he played for p. ....

CESF
CESC

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Well,
Cruzeiro today gave us another favour beating Sao Paulo ni the brazilian cup final...but even so I still ahte them!:( Of course against palmieras i'll be a "Palestra Italia" from Belo Horizonte since a little kid aswell!:)
But they are a bunch of ****s...crap supporters, only sing when they are winning!:(
Edilson also played for P... but now he's gonne!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts