Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cause frankly, i'm tired to see so much diving, jersey (tiraillement), ugly fault, arms kicks.
don't you agree with me?

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
:undecide:

I'm still undecided abiout this. The reason that it should be installed would be to have a goo view on wether goals should be disallowed or not.

On the other hand we would loose soo many passionate discussions. The Italy-Croatia games is the most talked about on the forum, just because of those 2 goals that were disallowed. I think such discussions are one of the most charming aspects in football.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, but in another hand the goal scored by trézéguet for france-uruguay would be valided, then we won the match, then we didn't have to play in this way against denmark, then we won against denmark, then we explose the english in 8, and .....

oops sorry i was dreaming:)

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
screw all those videocrap! :fero:

If that goes through, the game is ruined imo!
The match would be layed for rest alot of times due to these timeouts...:(

And making mistakes is just something that happens..whether it is clear or not..

But yes, all this diving which get rewarded with penalties...
I thought referees had to be xtra aware of schwalbe's this tournament...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
765 Posts
And while we're at it. Let's make TIME OUTS like in American Football...

NO FVCKING WAY! Stop ruining the flow of football - FLOW! No video - no time outs - if this is introduced it will KILL football! Unless you want football to develop like American sports where there's no flow at all!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for the rugby it's already done and it's not so bad!
look at the goal of wilmots!
no guys, it's too much important!
or at least, the players who dive a lot must be punished after the match!

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
I tend to disagree again Madam Lili :)
Disagree bigtime!

Inzaghi would be bankrupt by now or banned from the pitch. How can we possibly live on if that happens!? :rolleyes: ;)

What might be a good idea, is to place a set of mirrors in front of the box, so that the referee can have a clear vision from the front aswell, instead of just seeing most situations from the back. :D

Anyways, yes, they dive to try to fool the referee. That's part of the game, though it is really sad to see sometimes.
Mistakes are made, and this creates tension and more passion on the field sometimes.

But to take away the flow of this beautiful game by creating lots and lots of time outs..thats not acceptable to me. Coaches who want to see time outs in certain situations, players who want justice bla bla bla

The people who want this most, are the referee theirselves. In that way they won't be cursed at again for some time and can leave the field with a clear mind.

The case of Wilmots disallowed goal....hhmmm..
As I already said in the matchthread,....lenses...contactlenses...

Or can anyone tempt me to think different about this now.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
instant replay?? i think it would be a good idea...but the negative side is that it would slow down the game...unlike basketball or american football, we don't have timeouts in soccer...if there are many questionable calls, it'll take forever to finish the game... :D:D:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Totally agree on the video usage as this would prevent all these doubious calls. We can use the video replays only for the major decisions, not every second as this would destroy the beautiful game of football.:)

·
THE
14,217 Posts
And who says it's a major decision?? Players? Referees come together and consult each other?
They have done such experiment, the game was like 2,5 hour long and players begged afterwards not to use the video.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Michel said:
What might be a good idea, is to place a set of mirrors in front of the box, so that the referee can have a clear vision from the front aswell, instead of just seeing most situations from the back. :D
Hmm how do u score if there are mirrrors in the way

and if they are ebhind the gaol they would reflect light and blind players and even worse would giver players extra awarness of thier oppoetns position definetly a bad idea

Now onto video

Well today Italia went out and Totti was sent off for a "dive"
fact is it wasnt a dive or a Pk it really hurt italia. and i would of loved to have video repaly

and how is the game slowed down if the player rush te ref everytime there is a dangerous freekick or a card, the game stops for like 2 mins, so video would only serve to quickly concur

Lav

·
Registered
879 Posts
kat said:
And who says it's a major decision?? Players? Referees come together and consult each other?
They have done such experiment, the game was like 2,5 hour long and players begged afterwards not to use the video.
don't be so hasty. There is a way to answer your question.

A team would be allowed to appeal a call by the referee to the video judge 2 times per half. This way.. they arent too many challenges, and teams will not use replay needlessly. You could also allow a team to 'use' one of its subsitutions to appeal a call to the video judge, etc. there are ALOT OF WAYS TO DO THIS..

I'm a little disturbed that people are so against any sort of rule change. Why? this sport has ALWAYS EVOLVED. I wonder if people dont realize that there was a time when there were no substitutions allowed, or when there was no penalty box, etc. etc.

Someday there will be video assistance. it will happen. if only because there is soo much money at stake on single matches. better to accept it now.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
frankly, don't you think sometimes that would make less time too controle a video than those discussions between the referee and the players?
look at the portugues when they protest, i'm sure that must during more than 2mn!

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I'm against video "referee" if that will mean slowing down the game. Game of 2 1/2 hours is not what i want to see.

But having an official watching the game, with instant replays, near the field (where ref can consult him instantly) could be a good idea.

gOD, what you are saying is true, but what i want is that team that scores more goals win & that the victory of on team over the other is fair. If there is a way of introducing video replay without slowing the game down, I'm all for it.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
What about using technology which would make life so much easier. Put some device in the players kit, some sort of tag which can be sewed into the shirt (think anti shoplifting devices but smaller) that allows an electronic system to instantly tell you whther he is on or offside. We can send people to the moon so Im sure this wouldnt be very dificult to do.

·
Registered
879 Posts
these are all great suggestions, however we have to overcome all the 'purists' to implement any of these suggestions.

Remember the opposition to 'cyclops' in tennis?

The 'shoplifting' offsides suggestion is a good one. I hope we can get a ground swell to eventually implement these.

the main problem I see is the people that say that we can't eliminate the 'human element'. Strangely enough, it is these same people that say 'WE WUZ ROBBED'... fire the referee!!!

pick your poison.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts