Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hang in there Lazio !!

Now that our biggest worry seems out of the way, let's return to our moutons.

I wish I could have brought better news but let's face it, times are bleak for us. :(

We are now number 14 on the chart with 34 points.

Full Table

There are exactly 7 more matches till the end of the season (source LazioFever)

1. 3 April 2005 LAZIO-Livorno

2. 10 April 2005 Bologna -LAZIO

3. 17 April 2005 Cagliari-LAZIO

4. 24 April 2005 LAZIO-Juventus

5. 1 May 2005 Lecce-LAZIO

6. 8 May 2005 LAZIO-Udinese

7. 15 May 2005 Roma-LAZIO

What are your gut feelings as to how we will do -- and Should do -- in each of these games?

FORZA LAZIO!

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Actually, we have two games more to play after the derby - against Fiorentina and Palermo. Quite a tough schedule but we seem to play better against the better teams so I am not too afraid of relegation. I don't like giving predictions about Lazio games, I even predict wins for our opponents in the Serie A prediction game due to my superstition. :) But the game against Livorno will be very important, IMO.

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
I'm with you AR, I tend to not like to make predictions for Lazio results. The remaining giornati are very difficult, considering all but Fiorentina are above us in the table. But time & again we've played to the level of our opponents, the last two rounds against Inter & Siena being perfect examples. I certainly see us having a chance for 3 points when Juve visits l'Olimpico (on paper the most difficult match besides the derby), & overall I'm not worried about relegation. Qualifying for a European place seems highly unlikely, but if our injuries hold off I see Lazio finishing comfortably mid-table.

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Actually that makes three of us :) I too am not in favour of predictions, especially in light of our club's action (or unfortunate moments if you prefer to call that) this season.

What I'd like to hear in this thread is, how do you personally feel about the team's performance thus far? What is the origin of our demise? And, of course, is there ever a good solution?

Aiming to stay at mid table is, perhaps, the target for all of us. Considering others who also want to stay there, this is indeed a tough fight. All I can say is, I still have hope. Again, hang in there, Team!

AR, thanks for the correction; yes, 9 more games to go.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Lazio's performance this season has been pretty much what I expected. Considering the lack of stars, the number of new players and the number of injuries that we had resulting in an unstable line-up, fourteenth place isn't that bad. Now, with the looming shadow of bankrupcy gone for a time, I hope our players will show their worth and save the team from relegation troubles ASAP.

What had led to our demise

Lack of creativity combined with a defence that in one game is great, in the next one it is tragic. Underestimating smaller teams has cost us dearly and in general our tactics are too cowardly, we often commit more men to the attack when it's too late. Playing with the Fillipini twins and GG in midfield is way too defensive-minded against teams like Siena, we should do that only against the best teams.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
I'd be very happy if we could be free of any relegation fears by the derby...then win that one and this season would turn out ok.

·
Registered
460 Posts
after Livorno then we can think next. They are very dangerous. We must not lose sight of them.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Too late for tactics & plans...

take it game by game and fight for every point with your nail & teeth...

FORZA LAZIO!!

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
From where we stand now, things aren't that bad. We solved the tax problem so our players don't need to worry about that anymore. And, with the exception of the last match, we have had some quite good results lately. If we can continue like that we should end somewhere in mid table and can look back on a season where we've fought for the points admit all kinds of turmoil and have a great derby victory to remember... maybe even two. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts