448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so far Juve own 5 strikers

- DP
- Trez
- Zlatan
- Zalayeta
- Mutu

And if Cassano is coming to Juve then we will definitely need to lose one of those. From those 5 strikers we have only 1 goal scorer who is Trez.
:confused:

Zlatan is not a goal scorer because he has not scored more than 15 goals a season during the last 4 seasons. :neutral: :neutral:

If Trezeguet left Juve then we really need a goal scorer … might be Nonda :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup:

----------------------------------------

Another issue is this season we hardly see 1v1 with the opponents GK because simply we don’t have fast strikers. Last season Di Vaio almost used to be 1v1 with the GK in every match but all were missed…… this is the only weakness I figured from our forwards this season. :(

·
Registered
626 Posts
I dunt think Mutu will stay with us next season ...i see him as a bargaining tool for Moggi to sign other players ...and i think Trez will be sold.Leaves us with Zlatan,Zalayeta,DelPiero and Cassona will come .
that would be fine.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'd hate to see Mutu used as a pawn after he chose us instead of a team that would give him a starting place. Besides, I think he's just as good as Cassano, but with better temperament. That said, I'd love to have an attacking lineup of Zlatan, Mutu, Cassano, Trez, Zalayeta.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I don't now how people can judge Mutu when he has hardly played in a year and been doing cocaine.

I thought he was one of the best in Europe in his position before he became the playboy but until I see him kick a ball again under Capello I don't know how anyone can say he is as good as Cassano, At his best he is but now? I don't know and nor does anyone else.

I'd wait till May before I make any sort of judgement, and I for one am hoping he can be a top class player again.

·
Registered
17,582 Posts
But neither Arsenal nor Real Madrid would be willing to pay as much as Juve, and in the end if Roma are going to sell prized assets they have to get the best possible deal for them.

Anyhow, i'd prefer to keep Mutu than spend a ridiculous sum on Cassano, and i figure Mutu's knack for goals in addition to his extra pace would be bigger pluses than Cassano's superior talent. It's all speculation anyway as to who will leave, stay or come.

Ideally, i'd prefer to have a strikeforce next season of: Zlatan, Mutu, DP, Gilardino and Nonda. Simply outrageous.

And even though i am a fan of Trezz, if we had a surplus after solving our midfield creativity and defensive reinforcements issues, then i'd sell him, Miccoli and Zalayeta to put together a good bid for Gilardino. Mainly because having only one Italian in our strikeforce is simply not enough. We should have two at the absolute minimum.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
trez, del piero, mutu, zlatan and zalayeta is more than enough for forwards, provided they are all fit and healthy and in form of course.

the main concern for me is whether or not trezeguet and del piero are going to have a full season. Is del piero going to start off well, then get injured and come back and take 2 months to start playing good again? Will Trezeguet suffer injury and get every illness under the sun and only play 10 or 15 games again?

I'd like to keep Zlatan, Mutu and Zalayeta, because they seem to be players who dont really get injured and play well most of the time. I know Mutu is a question mark, but judging by his Parma days, it would be a shame to use him in a deal.

But if we sell trez, who will replace him? not many strikers with his characteristics and scoring records available in the market.

·
Registered
440 Posts
We dont need a new striker,trez,zlatan,DP,zalayeta and mutu is enough..
If we play 4-3-3 more often then trez,zlatan DP(or mutu) wil be in the starting 11 and zalayeta can be used as a supersub..

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Whatever happens, I feel Trez will stay as his value is low due to his injury problems. Maybe Arsenal would want him tho... :devil:

Rather have Gila than Cassano also, considering Mutu will likely due very well. I dont see Cassano staying at Roma after this season however.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would think that Mutu would be a welcome option when our chip is low. DP should be there as he is our inspirational captain. Someone who we can lok up to just like Raul in Madrid. (okay bad comparison for DP score much more.)

Then Trez seems to be injuried very often. Not too much chance to really show what he is worth. Zletan unpredictability often help us to seal the game. I was thinking of his goal in Euro 04. If Gila comes over i will be more than happy. He is doing well enough to deserve a place here more than cassano actually.

Last thing, pls dont get totti over. I dont really like him since he is dont seem to be on good term with DP. He can stuck at Roma....

·
Registered
522 Posts
ID_peace said:
Last thing, pls dont get totti over. I dont really like him since he is dont seem to be on good term with DP. He can stuck at Roma....
It will never happen...for so many different reasons.

But, surprisingly, Del Piero and Totti get along quite fine, on and off the pitch.

·
Registered
293 Posts
kthx said:
It will never happen...for so many different reasons.

But, surprisingly, Del Piero and Totti get along quite fine, on and off the pitch.

The last time I heard was that they were not on too good term cos that they are both aiming to be the man that the National team should build around.....

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
London next for Del Piero?

Alessandro Del Piero is being linked with a move to London if Juventus net Antonio Cassano in the summer.

Speculation in the peninsula suggests that the 30-year-old will quit the Turin giants if, as expected, Juve net Roma’s Cassano at the end of the season.

The youngster is seen as an heir to Del Piero in the Italian game and Alex’s mediocre season doesn’t bode well.

He’s often been substituted by boss Fabio Capello, who is also a massive fan of Cassano after their time together at Roma, and the January arrival of Adrian Mutu raised further questions about the No 10’s future.

Now a switch to the Premiership is being touted with a number of clubs reportedly interested.

Although the likes of Liverpool - who Del Piero will face on Tuesday - and Manchester United would be keen, Del Piero would reportedly only consider a London move.

That leaves the door open for Chelsea, Arsenal and even Tottenham to ponder a summer bid for the Azzurri ace.

However, conflicting reports on Monday suggest that the former Padova youngster will remain for at least one more campaign.

Del Piero has started to rediscover some of his best form in recent weeks which has helped Juve maintain their joint leadership in Serie A.

A potential sale would also not be welcomed by the fans who see the captain as an emblem of the club.

---------------------------

IMO this is the will help both DP and Juve ....

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
u will only find those long stories in Channel 4 ...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Guys what do you think about Flachi, Lucarelli and Pazzini ...

I believe they are better than Zalayeta I really liked Flachi this season .... IMO he deserves to play in a bigger team ...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Pazzini is a very nice player I would have loved to see him in Juve, but maybe in the future who knows.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts