Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you (realistically) like to see Barca's lineup[ next seasons, who would you like in the club and where should they play, how would you like the current players formations, or should any of them be dropped altogether.

Post your thought here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My personal favourite lineup i'd like to see is...

------------------------------Reina--------------------------------

Navarro-----------Lucio-------------Puyol-------Rochemback

-------------------Xavi-----------------Xabi Alonso--------------

------Nano----------------Saviola-----------Babangida--------

--------------------------Shevchenko-----------------------------

I want to see also see a feature of Iniesta, Gabri, Trashorras, Valdes of course who are all stars from the B team and give a young, skillful and catalonian feel to the side. Navarro and Babangida are no doubt good enough these days to be starters ...babangida particularly being a whole new goalscoring option.

The transfers Id like to see is just three but will create strength in Defense with the brilliant Lucio (priority 1), Xabi Alonso is a perfectly matched partner for Xavi and Shevchenko is a classy forward that will easily make up for Kluivert and Rivaldo's departure.

Luis Enrique is not forgotten at all...him and Cocu add some experience and versatility to the side.

Puyol will dominate anywhere in the backline and if he allows Rochemback to fall into a roberto carlos like mould, it could be a very helpful move for the club indeed.

Please add any comments or constructive critisism to my squad or suggest your own...thanks.

:)

·
Registered
589 Posts
This is the team Van Gaal wants...

-------------Crespo----------------

Overmars---Saviola---Enrique--

--------Cocu-------Xavi-------------

Coco--F.De Boer--Lucio--Puyul--

----------------Rame-----------------

Ant this is the team I want...

--------------Cissè-------------------

Dàllesandro--Saviola---Babangida

--------Motta---------Xavi-----------

Chivu-----Collocino---Lucio----Puyul

-----------------Valdes----------------

We should ofcourse keep players like Enrique, Bonano,Andersson,Rochemback cause they are great and Rivo as well...

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,015 Posts
Mulgo, your team is very young, if we want to win the league, I think we should put more experience player in the first team, with the youngster as backups.
If Van Gaal wants to use 4-2-3-1, this is my lineups:

---------------------Crespo------------

Rivaldo--------------Saviola--------LE / Baba--------------

---------Cocu/Motta-----Xavi/Iniesta-------------

----Coco------Lucio------Puyol-----Rochemback

----------------------Bonano/Rame----------------

ps:
1. Van Gaal said that if Rivo wants to stay, he must play in the left wing (the position where he gets Golden Ball 1999)
2. Van Gaal wants Coco to stay (but do we have the money to buy him?)
3. Lucio prefers Barça than any other clubs that trying to sign him
4. I believe we should try Rocky as a right back. If he fails, we have Patrik Andersson in DC, and Puyol back as a right back.

·
Registered
879 Posts
mulgo.. your team is the team of the future, but I fear it may be too young. we need to win now, but I don't think barc,a fans have the patience to wait 2 years for that team to gel. I'm not saying its a bad team, though.

my suggestions.

1) Keep the team the same, except for:
2) Move Rivo to the left
3) Add a lethal striker. Crespo is too expensive. I dont yet believe in shevchenko. I also don't believe in Tristan. Somebody like Trezguet.

We don't want to sell off kluivert, rivaldo and overmars, because our squad really needs the depth.. this was a major reason for our failure in the CL. Having the best starting 11 does no good if 4 of them are injured at the most important time.

All we needed this year was a finisher. preferably somebody with a good header as saviola and rivo dont have one, and kluivert is inconsistent.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Here is my best starting 11:

---------------------------Kluivert------------------------------

----Luis Enrique----------------Ronaldhino-------------------Babangida

---------------------Xavi-------------Cocu/Xabi---------------

----Navarro-----Marquez---------Puyol----------Rochy-----

----------------------------Bonano--------------------------------

I think we won't sign Lucio,Crespo and the others because Gaspart unable to sign them. On the left side: We sent back Coco to Milan, we let Sergi out of contract and we misses Evra too. So my man to the left side is Navarro. We have to buy a good central defender. I think Real will get Lucio and we won't buy Nesta because he costs too much(€60million). We should buy a central midfielder such as Van Bommel or Xabi. I preffer Van Bommel. We don't need any *9*-s because we've got a guy called Patrick Kluivert. I hope he will be awsome next season and don't miss Saviola!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
--------------------------crespo
--nano--------------- saviola----------babangida
--------------xavi----------------rochembach
-----navarro----lucio-----andersson-----puyol
-----------------------bonano

only 2 incorporations with nano, babangida and navarro from barça b, three veterans crespo, anderson and bonano, saviola, rochemback and xavi are youngs but with a lot of football, and ofcourse the player than can give everything he has, puyol.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
---------------------Saviola--------Shevshenko----

Overmars--------------Kluivert--------LE21--------------

----------------------------Cocu------------------------

----Coco------Lucio-----Christinival------Puyol

----------------------Bonano/Rame----------------[b/]

and if rivaldo don't substitute with sheva...rivalkdo will take the place of kluivert and kluivert will take sheva place

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Guys, do you really think that van Gaal is planning to play Fabio Rochemback as right back? It sounds to me a bit weird:confused: , especially if Reiziger remains at the club.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I understand that my team is young and it is the team of the future, but I would much rather Navarro, Babangida and Nano than guys like Overmars and De Boar. They have no future are a million times more expensive and are hopeless players these days.

Id rather inject some experience into the team with players like Luis Enrique, Cocu, Lucio, Andersson and Shevchenko. Its not necessarily age that implys experience alot of these guys in my team (rochemback, saviola, lucio, xabi alonso and xavi) have a lot of playing experience and are proved quality players both on a club and international level.

Coco isnt coming...thats almost definant, nether is Colocinni. Rivaldo will probably refuse to play left forward/wing and Shevchenko; if we can sign him would be a far far better option than Kluivert...so im still sticking with my team so far.

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
----------------------shevchenko
--rivaldo--------------- saviola----------babangida
--------------xavi----------------xabi
-----chivu----lucio-----andersson-----puyol
------------------------frey

i prefere shevchenko to crespo. both will be too expensive for us though. i dont want to lose saviola, but maybe he could go on the right or los a dm if we could get ronaldinho.

were not getting rame and might get enke, id prefere frey. i like puyols attacking abilities so i wouldnt have him in the center with lucio. but if andersson is injured we could have him there. no coco, sergi, evra and this guy chivu is one of the best. perhaps preferes the centre but i cant think of any other good options for left.

xavi will start in that position but it will probably end season with iniesta there. xabi is also very good. but seems as if van gaal wants cocu still. babangida on the right and helping the striker will be good, and i put rivo on the left because i dont know any better alternative at the moment, but nano as sub.

we prob wont get shevchenko or crespo though and get hasselbaink. why does van gaal release a defender of 30 and wants a striker of 30? defenders can go for longer and now we look seriously weak at left back

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
The persons who put Reina in goal can´t hardly expect us to win any trophys.

The best thing with Internet is that you can get away with so many things. Expecially football knowledge for exampel. So if anyone put a player in their squad which the other ones haven´t heard about they usually puts him in theirs aswell just to not look silly. So I wonder how many of you have actually seen Xabi Alonso play? I admit he´s a good player. But not that good. But he seems inteligent since his idol is Ronald Koeman.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Xabi Alonso is a good player, but he is also a perfect partner alongside Xavi. They would be well suited and can both add a control to the midfield by feeding the ball forward and adding defensive strength and solidarity.

and Robban dont just come in here and critisize fans that are giving valid opinions and presenting what they feel is a good lineup, why dont you post your lineup mr. football-master-of-knowledge.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
dont critisize to what you dont contribute to.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Mulgo and mazzah20

u guys are totally right....

robban likes to come across as some sort of footballing god.... just ignore him, he is some sort of resol, look how much time he puts into this forum, it must be one sad and lonely life....

but one thing Mulgo, i dont know how u can say : "Xabi Alonso is a good player, but he is also a perfect partner alongside Xavi. They would be well suited and can both add a control to the midfield by feeding the ball forward and adding defensive strength and solidarity."

i would never describe Xavi as a good defensive.....

i'm all for constructive debate, but when one person rubbishes another, even if some statements are plain wrong, its no good to make them feel bad, Robban. Some ppl just like to watch football, they dont derive self-worth from how much footballing knowledge they have....

cheers

joe

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
hey robban, looks like you're getting more and more enemies everyday day and by the way, GET A LIFE FOR GOD'S SAKE! I promise you that there is a lot to discover in this world besides sitting at home in front of your computer waiting for people to post a message so u can childishly tell them that they dont know anything about football, look who's talking mister who doesnt even remember dates! :D :tongue:

P.S. I would kill myself if i stayed as much as you home... man! you must be one hell of a resistable man to accept yourself to do such a thing.... ;)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Robban said:

The best thing with Internet is that you can get away with so many things. Expecially football knowledge for exampel.
The best thing with the internet is that you can post whatever offensive things you like in the safety of your home....

be a man and only belittle people face to face.....

(not that questioning a person's football knowlegde strikes at the core of an individual...not a sane person that is.....anyway.... you seem to be the only one who enjoys highlighting the supposed inadequacies of others.... but to belittle someone on the basis of their football knowledge... well.... you must be a very very small man indeed.....)

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Robban, it is possible not to play the man, but just the ball....
If you disagree with the guys putting Xabi in their line-up, just say you think Xabi isn't up to it. PROVE them wrong, instead of accusing them of whatever you wish.....

I'll give my line-up when it's clear who will come and whether Kluivert and/or Rivaldo leave.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
With Xavi and Xabi in the midfield I felt it was the control aspect that it would bvring to the team...they can domiate the midfield...both really good players and would partner one another well...

I didnt realise by putting them in the lineup it was gonna create World War III...sheesh :rolleyes:

Thanbks for the support anyway.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Why so many of you put Crespo? s he linked with Barça?

about the line up, it have to be very similar with the las season:

-----------carini------------

puyol-andersson-fdb-coco

-----bommel----cocu--------

----------riquelme-------

saviola-kluivert-rivaldo

1 - 20 of 127 Posts