Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k what is the expectation for Newcastle next year? They have proven that they can do well despite recent set backs. In players such as Dyer, Given, Shearer and Ferguson you have gems and Robbo is likely to bring in a few more.
Would a place in Europe be suffice or is more possible.

------------------
WITH HOPE IN MY HEART

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
No,Wenger was wrong...

ManUtd,Liverpool,Leeds,Arsenal and Chelsea will be the top 5 clubs.The only team of these that will allow Newcaslte get in front of it is Chelsea who always choke at PL.

I like Newcastle,but they really lack the winner mentality and they dont have a stable core of players.Sa Pinto would be an exelent transfer,but searching Portugal for more players is no use.They use to take gambles like Solano,Gavilan and Ketsbaia,so far Solano was good but incosistent,Gavilan hardly plays and Ketsbaia was ok.Nowe think of the flops newcastle has had.Dumas, Marcelino, Goma, Tomasson, Maric and many many many more....In my opinion Newcastle have a stupid transfer policy.They buy foreighners but not well-known and established internationals.They got Hamann who was of this calible and surprise surprise he wanted out from the first year.Newcastle should concentrate on getting some English players to make a core,and then dress the body of the team with foreighners,like a dress...

Given

Domi Dabizas Southgate Barton

Guppy Dyer Speed Sa Pinto

Shearer Ferguson

Guppy would coast around £3,Sa Pinto £4 and Southgate around £7.All three of them are exelent players that will help.Especially Southgate who may be a little expensive but is a stady defender.Solano goes to Real Madrid for £5,Ketsbaia will be sold for around £1,Marcelino will bring £3 and Maric around £2.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some players should be given a chance such as Goma, Maric and Marcelino. Goma especially is a good player and if given time will prove this.

B

·
0 Posts
Newcastle will never be in the top of the premiership! if their team dosen´t look like this:

_____________Given____________
_________Stam_____Campbell_____
G. Neville_______________P. Neville
_________Keane_______Scholes_______
Beckham_________________Giggs
_________Van Nistelrooy_______Yorke

Subs:
Shearer
Dyer

------------------
...And on the seventh day God created David Beckham

D

·
0 Posts
Can't believe Tomasson failed with Newcastle, he's one of the best in Holland with Feyenoord at the moment.

Maybe Newcastle should look at the talented crop of players at Monaco, who were champions of France this season.

Why is Shearer staying, now chance of winng the league, no chance of winning anything in Europe, just 2 silver medals from 2 FA Cup final losses. He should join a bigger club and win some prizes before he retires.

Z

·
0 Posts
I think that Newcastle will be at the top of the Premiership next year, but I they need to give some more strenght to their squad. B.Robson is a man that can get quality players because of his reputation in Europe.

To driver X: I also don't understand why players like Tomasson failed in Newcastle. He is one of the best attackers in Holland at this time!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I echo the Tomasson thing. Teams like Milan were chasing him, he played well in the games I saw him play for Fejonoord and also pre-season for Newcastle. Wonders never cease.
I think that a UEFA place will be on offering and maybe a cup.

R

·
0 Posts
We'll make Europe with a few new good faces and hopfully Robbo will bring in a new Faustino Asprilla and a new David Ginola and we'll be in Europe and go all the way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts