Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the date of the start of the 2008-09 season for the BL (and BL 2 - just in case FCN get relegated). I need to book some holidays and want to tie in a couple of weeks in Franken with the start of the season. :)

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
I'm not sure if the dates are already out. But if anyone knows it is DFL/bundesliga.de.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
I also don't know when it starts and I had a look on a few pages, but there is nothing to be found. Sorry Jon. I think it'll start on either the first August weekend (1st-3rd August) or the second one, if that helps. ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...

I'm booking a couple of weeks holiday in Franken if I can find a house or apartment big enough for the whole family - approx 8 of us. I obviously need to make sure I'm there when the season is on!!

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Oh, a couple of weeks. Well, the second weekend should be ok then.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone any closer to knowing when next season starts....????

It can't come quick enough now... I just want this season to be over.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Ups.. that happens when you enter the right search words for google. The dates for the coming season are already fixed. And they already were when you started that thread. Sorry Jon...

The 2nd Bundesliga starts on the weekend of the 15th to 18th of August. The 1st division as well, but I'm sure you're more interested in the 2nd Bundesliga. :D :wallang:

So my guess was completely wrong. ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok... Holiday accommodation booked...

A week in Monschau and the up to 11 days in Franken spanning the first two weekends of the season.

Just one more question... Will the format for the game days be the same next season? BL Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 2BL Friday, Sunday, Monday? Or is it right (i've heard a rumour) that BL will also be having Monday games next season?

I need to book Eurotunnel for getting back to England but I may have to wait and see which league Der Club are in before I do!!!

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
I think so, Jon. I haven't heard anything about a BL monday game so far. I only know that we might see 3 Sunday games in case of UEFA games in the week before, so that every team has at least 2 off days.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
You mean Greater Nürnberg. :D The suburb plays on Monday. :lala:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts