Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot will depend on how the summer mercato pans out, but how do you see the 08/09 season going in Serie A?

Can Inter be dominant for another season or will the balance of power shift elsewhere?

Next season I expect a stronger Juve and a more consistent Milan in Serie A. A lot will of course depend on how their transfer campaigns fare, but both teams should be in a position to be breathing down Inter's neck. Before this season started, it looked on paper to be a closely-run affair, with a handful of teams making Inter sweat to retain their Scudetto. Milan's awful first half of the season took them out of contention early on and a combinating of factors have prevented Juve really getting back to old ways.

I think 08/09 will see more of what was perhaps expected this season. Juve need add some creativity in midfield, perhaps get rid of Ranieri. With a few key signings Milan can be serious Scudetto contenders again despite the CL-centric aura that surrounds the club.

The question is where does this leave Roma? They're too strong to write off but for me the biggest question mark hangs over them.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,978 Posts
Inter will win the league again without much trouble

everybody will whine even more about them getting favoured by the refs

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Well its too far to say. I cant see Roma in the top 2 anymore next season. Possibly 3rd or 4th. I think it may well be back to the big 3. Inter and a much better Juve challenging for scudetto. Milan maybe there or there abouts if they get Lippi or Mourinho they could even win it. Roma 4th as I said. Fiorentina challenging only if they keep Mutu and Frey otherwise they will be def. UEFA Cup material.

Would like to see guys like Amelia, Barzagli, Di Natale, Amauri etc. you know what I mean, transfer to one of them 5 clubs as they more or less deserve it by now. Wouldnt mind Roma signing Barzagli and Amauri next year anyway :lick:

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Wouldnt mind Roma signing Barzagli and Amauri next year anyway :lick:
I believe noone of the top five would :lala:

·
Banned
2,713 Posts
Barzagli has no place in rome.he will be panchina, both mexes and juan better then him.
I prefer not to waste much money on back up playa..

Panucci can play as back up cb if anyone injured..

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Thats the problem... when Mexes or Juan get injured we will lose our defence as Panucci is hardly spectacular in CB unlike the 'big' teams who with an injury put in a player just as good.

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think with Roma, the Totti factor is also going to play into effect. Not that Roma are a one-man team, but his injury situation obviously plays a big part on the club's fortunes. Palermo's key players like Amauri, Barzagli and Zaccardo could definitely be moving this summer despite Zamparini's efforts to keep Palermo where they are. Whether they'd leave for Roma/Fiorentina instead of the Big 3 remains to be seen.

·
Registered
46,331 Posts
Amauri is a key player, but Barzagli and Zaccardo in this season are nothing more than average and Palermo have the worst defense after Cagliari even if their goalie is one of the best players of serie A according to gazzetta's ratings!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Ranieri is probably not gonna get sacked if we achieve a CL spot.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Amauri is a key player, but Barzagli and Zaccardo in this season are nothing more than average and Palermo have the worst defense after Cagliari even if their goalie is one of the best players of serie A according to gazzetta's ratings!
Even worse than ours? :eekani:

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
For Inter, a lot depends on the summer. In an ideal world the ridiculous amount of injuries would play into the mercato.

We need a solid, ideally world class defender. Matrix and Cordoba are getting older and more injury-prone, and Samuel has always had injury problems.

Adriano will probably be sold, and maybe Crespo as well. Balotelli will ideally be promoted to the senior team, but we still need a quality striker. Aguero has been linked:jester:

But I think an attacking midfield player will be the focus, with a DM (Diarra/Diaby) as a Vieira replacement.

If those moves are done, we can probably win the scudetto. But it will be tough regardless.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I have a question for some of you that support the big four, do you take an interest in the rest of Serie A?
I mean do you care for the smaller teams and their fixtures, in example would it interest you to tune in to a game such as Empoli-Cagliari?

I'm just curious, supporting Parma in the last seasons, I am excited by the smaller games and the relegation battles, and I don't share a big interest of who qualifies for the CL to be honest.
I will catch the odd big game, but if I had to chose, I would actually watch a scrap in the bottom half - I guess because it has more bearing on the team I support.

It's an interesting question that I thought I would put out there.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I wouldn't turn into that game, no.

However, I regularly turn out to watch the following teams: Fiorentina, Sampdoria, Genoa, Napoli, Palermo, Lazio, Udinese

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
Coaching
Ancelotti to take over Azzurri
Ranieri to Lazio
Lippi to Juve
Mourinho to Milan

Defensive changings
Barzagli to Inter
Zapata to Juve or Milan
Carwalho to Milan (Mourinho link)
Zambro to Milan
Juve to sign a good LB(dont know who yet :tongue: )
Grosso returning to Serie A

Attacking changings
Di Natale to Roma
Inter to get rid of Adriano and possibly signing Amauri (Maybe Viola interested as well)
Juve sign Quagliarella.
Udinese to sign Rosina
Drogba to Milan

Goalkeepers
Amelia will leave Livorno, but not sure where, maybe Milan sign Frey so Viola will get Amelia. But maybe abroad move for Amelia (arsenal looking for a younger gk)

Big club moves OUT:
Gourcuff to leave milan (lyon/arsenal/sevilla)
Tiago to leave juve (mancity/marseille)
Marchionni out to some lower italian side

Neverendingstorys:
Quaresma to Inter?
Vaart to Juve?
Ronaldinho to Milan?

This is all sceptical.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Just 1 thing. I doubt Ranieri would go to Lazio... mainly because Ranieri is a life long Roma fan so Im sure Lazio would not even ask him. If Ranieri leaves Juve he will go abroad again, maybe even back to England (Newcastle or something).

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Coaching
Ancelotti to take over Azzurri
Ranieri to Lazio
Lippi to Juve
Mourinho to Milan

Defensive changings
Barzagli to Inter
Zapata to Juve or Milan
Carwalho to Milan (Mourinho link)
Zambro to Milan
Juve to sign a good LB(dont know who yet :tongue: )
Grosso returning to Serie A

Attacking changings
Di Natale to Roma
Inter to get rid of Adriano and possibly signing Amauri (Maybe Viola interested as well)
Juve sign Quagliarella.
Udinese to sign Rosina
Drogba to Milan

Goalkeepers
Amelia will leave Livorno, but not sure where, maybe Milan sign Frey so Viola will get Amelia. But maybe abroad move for Amelia (arsenal looking for a younger gk)

Big club moves OUT:
Gourcuff to leave milan (lyon/arsenal/sevilla)
Tiago to leave juve (mancity/marseille)
Marchionni out to some lower italian side

Neverendingstorys:
Quaresma to Inter?
Vaart to Juve?
Ronaldinho to Milan?

This is all sceptical.
That would be amazing, especailly Lippi and Zapata to Juve. Quagliarella, I don't know, I see him as the pefect striker for Roma, can score goals without sacrificing their play too much, rather than a Borriello. I'd rather G. Rossi at Juve. I can't see Udinese affording Rosina. Generally, these mostly seem like very optimistic yet possible scenarios.

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a question for some of you that support the big four, do you take an interest in the rest of Serie A?
I mean do you care for the smaller teams and their fixtures, in example would it interest you to tune in to a game such as Empoli-Cagliari?
I take a mild interest results-wise, occasionally glancing down the table to see who's in the relegation positions and who's hovering above them. In the same way sometimes I'll look at the Serie B table to see who's at the top and looking to get promoted.

I wouldnt watch a game like Empoli-Cagliari normally, unless I had nothing else to do. Nowadays we're spoilt with so much football you do have to pick and choose otherwise you'd compromise your free time too much. There's often a match with bigger clubs on at the same time anyway. However, the fact that some of the smaller clubs own a young promising star can sometimes make me want to watch.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts