Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 663 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bokiko said:
is it Real ?! or just rumors
Well they quoted a source close to the contacts, but you never know with these papers.

IMO, Capello is a very realistic choice. The prospect of returning glory to Real Madrid is too tempting to turn down, I know he will be interested given the History he has had here.

I expect to see him take over for sure, and finally we will look good defensively!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Fabio Capello could have reached an agreement with Real Madrid

According to it advanced to the ' Tirachinas' of the Chain Close-woven part of a fishing net Fabio Capello already has reached an agreement with Real Madrid to be the new technician of the madridista set the next season. Fabio, now prevailing in the Juventus, would take the reins of the equipment in the month of July.

According to Jose Antonio Abellán the agreement between Capello and the madridista organization took place weeks ago and in case that some of the two parts did not fulfill the agreed thing it would have to compensate to the opposite part.

Fabio Capello would later return this way nine years to the set of the capital of Spain, to which it directed in campaign 96-97 obtaining the title of League with great authority. In this campaign, Madrid obtained the friolera of 92 points, although in Liga of 22 equipment, obtaining its equipment 85 goals to favor and fitting 36. In global, it disputed 42 parties with a balance of 27 gained encounter, 11 tied and four lost ones. In Europe it could not prevail with Madrid since that season the targets did not dispute European competition and to the following Capello it did not continue.

The Italian, of 59 years of age, has been two decades prevailing in the most important equipment of continental soccer. Its race in the Milan began (90-96), where it managed to gain the Glass of Europe, and after or pass by Madrid it directed to Milan (97-98), Rome (99-04) and Juventus (2004...)

If definitively its arrival takes place, Florentino Perez would have to another one ' galácticó in its list, although this time in the bench.

translated by altavista

http://www.marca.es/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/real_madrid/es/desarrollo/593396.html

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Casillas: "There Is A 60 Per Cent Chance I Will Stay"

11/22/2005 8:52:00 AM
Iker Casillas has said that he wants to stay at Real Madrid, but admits that there has been no movement on contract talks and believes that there is only a 60 per cent chance that he will stay.
The Spain international goalkeeper’s current deal ends next summer and he has been linked to several of Europe’s top clubs, including Manchester United.

"Things are the same as they were seven months ago," Casillas explained.

"I want to stay here and I am not worried that I will be able to talk to other clubs in January. I would say there is a 60 per cent possibility of me staying."

Casillas was the one player who came out of Real Madrid’s 3-0 defeat against Barcelona at the weekend with any credit after he made several key saves to keep the scoreline down.

His agent, Ginés Carvajal, said only a few days ago that there was a 99 per cent chance that everything would be sorted very soon, but the player himself is beginning to have doubts as the club have made little effort to open talks about his future.

After coming through the club’s youth ranks, the 24-year-old stopper, became a regular in the first team during the 1999-2000 campaign, but shot to fame when he made several key stops after coming on a subsitute to help Madrid win the 2002 Champions League against Bayer Leverkusen in Glasgow.

goal.com

---------------------------------------------------

:scared:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
It can happen... it was near other times. But the problem isn't the coach. If some players have to play just because a Japanese TV channel says so as now, noone can save this.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Koeman4 said:
It can happen... it was near other times. But the problem isn't the coach. If some players have to play just because a Japanese TV channel says so as now, noone can save this.
If we are trophyless for the 3rd season in a row, Perez will be forced to change his policy.

Capello won't sign unless he has control over the team.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Are the Madrid faithful willing of sacrificing attractive football for results? Granted the first time he did manage instant results and that Luxemburgo has only made you play good football in possibly one match (4-2 over Barcelona last year).

Personally Id say Scolari after the world cup would be good.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Chamartín said:
That's for sure. It would be a hectic transfer camapign because Capello would not at all accept the present squad (and I doubt you'd be absolutely thrilled with his plans for how you should play.

Either way - Juventus has a contract with him until 2007, so actually signing him could pose quite a problem, although I do not consider it impossible that Capello would take restoring Madrid to prominence as a challenge - and he really likes the city.
At the same time - he's discussing prolonging his juve deal (talks about changing the management structure to increase his role) and presently he is on a mega wage package at Juve and has a much better team in Turin in terms of winning prospects.

I consider this a not too fat fetched rumour at most, and particularly the parts about a pre-contract, because Capello has a year left and cannot count on getting an early release from it.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glen said:
Either way - Juventus has a contract with him until 2007, so actually signing him could pose quite a problem, although I do not consider it impossible that Capello would take restoring Madrid to prominence as a challenge - and he really likes the city.
Glen, doesn't his contract expire this summer?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Chamartín said:
If we are trophyless for the 3rd season in a row, Perez will be forced to change his policy.

Ok, but Perez really has to renounce to his policy and swallow his huge ego. I want to see that.

Yesterday, a poll in Marca clearly blamed him for everything. The coaches aren't the problem, just Perez and only him in his wishes of grandeur. Players come and go, coaches come and go... and him? I do really think that the madridismo is being too nice with him. Gaspart was in his way out in a similar situation in Barcelona. I still didn't see a massive reaction of the Bernabeu against him.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Chamartín said:

That's what we said last season and how much have things changed?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Capello will not agree to play a team determined by someone else.

He is a winner alright, and he is Better with Mega-Expensive Names.

It is not doing Lux a favour by having this news. How would the players Respect his methods when it would be for only a couple more months only.

This no-confidence approach towards the coach is Counter Productive. I know one club that always have this mistake.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
I can't deny that having Fabio Capello back at the club could only mean good news and a big chance for the glory days to return, but... WTF? :googly:

We are now going to enter the 3rd month of the season only, 4 points only away from our leaders who no one can deny are the hottest team in Europe right now.

We have qualified for the second round of the Champions League before two games, how could that be bad! Our injuries are getting worse and worse. We had to play without a 9 for one full month and now we might now be playing the rest of the season without our captain.

The guy needs time, he had a full squad for probably just a game or two and in those we really impressed.

As I said, Fabio Capello joining the club can't be a bad thing, but Lux deserves to get more time, right now he has to work out a formation without Raul, atleast until the transfer window opens nothing bad can happen to us in the CL as we already qualified and there is a 20% chance of us finishing first, but what we must try to do until then is atleast keep the difference in the league only 4 points and then sign the necessary players to try and fight for a trophy.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mendieta said:
That's what we said last season and how much have things changed?
There is a difference between 2 trophyless seasons and 3 throphyless seasons. Perez will feel the pressure this time for sure.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Capello ‘agrees’ to Real move

Tuesday 22 November, 2005

Fabio Capello will leave Juventus to boss Real Madrid at the end of the season, according to reports in Spain.

Radio Cadena Cope claimed today that Capello agreed to move to Los Meringues to revive the fortunes of the under-performing Spanish giants two weeks ago.

The report added that in order to ensure neither party backs out on the deal, a clause has been agreed, enforcing a financial penalty payable by whomsoever fails to honour the pact.

C4.

1 - 20 of 663 Posts