Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

ok bring on the names -- who (should) be the next national team coach?

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
yeah hell Liternit, Macumba stop smoking no terreiro.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Another job to apply for. ME!!!

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Wanderlei Luxemburgo, Paulo Autuori, Joel Santana, Mano Menezes, Abel Braga, Leão (who wouldn't accept because he hates Ricardo Teixeira's guts), Zico (who wouldn't accept because he also refuses to work with Teixeira)... any one of these would be a VAST improvement over Dunga, simply because these are all football managers with at least one day's experience coaching actual teams. Hell, even Cuca would be a step in the right direction at this point.

And Scolari would be the perfect man for the job, of course, but that ship has sailed. :(

·
Administrator
30,813 Posts
hey, Parreira have a vast experience over Dunga also, and he was worst than Dunga. All those names and I do not trust any of them enough but Scolari.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
hey, Parreira have a vast experience over Dunga also, and he was worst than Dunga.
No, he REALLY wasn't. Let's keep some perspective here, JC. The worst team Parreira has ever fielded was still better-organized than any of Dunga's various 11-men mobs.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Marcello Lippi, but he will be dead by the time WC comes :*(

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
First of all, let me say that I dislike Parreira and think that he should never coach the NT again.
But, Dunga is not a coach. He can't be compared to any real coach, let alone a World Cup winner like Parreira.

From the names suggested here , I'd only want Luxemburgo. Mano Menezes has not won anything yet and is too "retranqueiro". Joel Santana is not NT material. He is more of a players coach, he brings no tactical improvements.
Guys like Muricy , Abel Braga and Autuori like too play with 3 CB's and two DM's . Not my personal favourites in terms of tactics. But, I do think Muricy would be willing to play attacking football if he was give a chance in the Seleção.

Therefore, I'd want Luxemburgo , if not a guy like Muricy would be 100000000000000 times better than Dunga.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
celso roth for the NT!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
and yes, I'm taking the piss before anyone asks

·
Administrator
30,813 Posts
No, he REALLY wasn't. Let's keep some perspective here, JC. The worst team Parreira has ever fielded was still better-organized than any of Dunga's various 11-men mobs.
C'mom Garrincha, Parreira's teams are very not organized, basead only the individual fame of players not to mention his capacity to control the individuality and use them was ridiculous. Just compare how he won a Copa America by the tatics of sending balls to Adriano only while Dunga actually beat Argentina because the brazilian team had a superior tatical positioning.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Luxemburgo track record in international competition is a problem, I don´t trust him in the NT. I rather take chances with a guy like Paulo Autuori. But I really think its time for a foreigner to coach us.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Well, no real candidate is left

Well. Luxa is not the man for the NT right now, Mano , as much as i love him , isn't ready either, and he has a commitment to return Corinthians to Serie A anyway. Furthermore, he was vice last year (Not his fault IMHO) in the libertadores and won only the Gauchao .in a rather sensational way with the viradas heroicas, now he is vice again (Cup of Brasil)

..All the other names mentioned here do not convinced me. That leaves us with Renato Gaucho.iIf he gains the Libertadores, he may go further to the NT, if not, mybe he will renounce in Flu and will be available/

Of course it is a theoretic discussion anyway. The problem is CBF and Texeira, who is unmovable , infelizmente (IMHO)

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
You guys are talking like if Dunga is going to leave any time soon, well he is not niether Basile!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
well, I don't think he'll be the manager in 2010 (that is, if we do make it to the world cup).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts