Xtratime Community banner

Next manager?

101 - 114 of 114 Posts
Discussion starter · #101 ·
Well at least Balotelli could get another chance.

Not really many great options out there. Ancelotti refused. Current set of managers at big clubs not interested. Mancini was only one who showed desire. Conte didnt want it either it seems cause Albertini wanted Conte return.

It is a 2-year contract, I would have preferred 4, so we will see what happens.

I will support him and, as Toni said, he could well have taken Ventura's squad to Russia, but I have doubts about his ability to deliver high quality performances on a sustainable basis, particularly in the final stages of competitions.

Discussion starter · #104 ·
Not sure if u but most people said never give 4 years to manager after Prandelli went from hero to zero in 4 years.

I can see thinking behind 2 years from figc point of view. In 2 years more candidates might be available. Carlo might reconsider by then. Also other options might occure. Sarri sacked at Chelsea. Allegri having managed 10 years Milan/Juve. Or maybe younger options like S Inzaghi/EDF.

Yes, in the circumstances without an outstanding candidate available or interested - although I would have waited to see if Sarri is available - 2 years seems more sensible.
I'm done with the losers. Sarri should try to win something with a club before getting a chance.
Again, I'm not a fan of Mancini but at least he has won something.

Roberto Mancini has reached the agreement with FIGC (2m per season). Now it's up to Zenit. I wonder how many former sampdoriani will be in the technical staff (Attilio Lombardo? Fausto Salsano? Giulio Nuciari?).

hmm, i don't know if i'm happy if he were to become manager he shows no fight or passion, we need someone like conte. mancini seems too laid back for me

still such a shame we are not in WC this year !

I dunno man. I feel he might have been good for this around the time he joined City. Many doubts about his ability now and if things don't look good, they might snowball pretty quick because of that perception. More importantly, he needs quality players already playing at a high level to thrive and this generation doesn't seem to have the kind of big names playing at their best from around a decade ago (already big names at the time, not in retrospect). You never know though. Best of luck to him anyway.

hmm, i don't know if i'm happy if he were to become manager he shows no fight or passion, we need someone like conte. mancini seems too laid back for me

still such a shame we are not in WC this year !
1st post? :hmm:

He does show passion. The question mark has been whether the players respect him enough to listen to him.

1st post? :hmm:

He does show passion. The question mark has been whether the players respect him enough to listen to him.
not the same kind of passion conte does, however you're right about the players respecting him! lets see

and yes this is my first post, been reading this foum for years but never posted, now i want to get invoved this azzurri really have p@ssed me off this timr around!

I voted for Mancini. I believed at the time he was someone you can build a team off of...I still believe this but I have concerns with regards to his management skills. I'm sure he's going to get into a few arguments in his tenure.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.