Xtratime Community banner

Next manager?

81 - 100 of 114 Posts
I just realized it's new year's and Italy CT position is still vacant.
Ridiculous how it is a job that nobody wants. :doh:

I never thought this situation would get this messy.

Not interested...yet...
Montella- said not yet.
Ancelotti - said not yet.

Interested...
Gianni De Biasi :facepalm:
Cesare Prandelli :err:

Roberto Mancini has offered himself as the new commissario tecnico of the Italian national team in an interview to la Gazzetta dello Sport. He has specified that he has a contract with Zenit and he is doing well there, but that interview looked like a candidature anyway. I believe he is the best candidate, surely better than clueless Di Biagio, and I'm sure he would leave Zenit with the usual golden handshake as soon as the new chairman of FIGC makes him a proposal. "I want to win a world cup" he added. Ok, Mancio, good luck with it! He also talked about plenty of prospects coming out of our academies, but I'm pretty sure he would say the exact contrary after the first defeat.

Italy hires Mancini Italy throws itself down the toilet. Wait. Italy already is down the toilet. That means Mancini would get Italy to... yeah.

The temporary president announced that Di Biagio will lead the team in its two friendlies next month.
Hopefully in those two games he will prove to be the same idiot who managed in a very poor way excellent under 21 NTs. I must be sincere: I don't trust Malagò & Co. much more than Tavecchio Co.and I fear the choice they could make.

In the past, it may have worked to put brainless Yes Men in these positions, but we're at a point now in our history where we need actual leadership and ingenuity to change and raise the stale and corrupt system. Sad to see the careerists win because in the end, it's the Italian National Team and its fans that lose.

At this point I'm just hoping we choose a coach who will play to our strengths and who will play our best players. Wow, as if that's not a given lol.

With that being said, I never wanna see an attack of Belotti with Immobile again so although he is an excellent coach, I hate to say it but I hope Conte doesn't come back. Unless he's willing to deploy a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3, or if he really wants to play with 2 strikers at least have one of them be Insigne!

conte stubbornly played with italy's strength which was defensive counterattacking football for which direct and stronger bodied forwards were more useful than weak turn over machines. it might change in the next wave of players but again i would caution against playing to spain and everyone's strengths by fielding a physically weak attacking lineup.

Montella is now available. :)

Better to just stick with di biagio then go for mancini. Mancini is not what the national team needs. DI Biagio at least has knowledge of the youth system and isn't anti oriundi. Can you imagine mancini not calling up emerson palmieri?

Better to just stick with di biagio then go for mancini. Mancini is not what the national team needs. DI Biagio at least has knowledge of the youth system and isn't anti oriundi. Can you imagine mancini not calling up emerson palmieri?
I'm not a fan of Mancini but Di Biagio would have been an extremely poor option.
Maybe I deceive myself but I think Mancini would have gained the qualification to the world cup, in Ventura's place.

Your new obsession Emerson isn't that good.

I get why premfaces overrate Mancini thinking he's a top coach - they're oblivious of everything outside of EPL - but I don't get why many in Italy do. He's OK but not good enough. I wonder if they even tried hiring Inzaghi. Even Gasperini would've been better.

After all the talk about possession-based, proactive footy, funny they hired Mancini.

81 - 100 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.