7K views 113 replies 28 participants last post by  GaGa 
#1 ·
I will post a poll eventually.

Names coming up are
Ancelotti
Allegri
Sarri
Spalletti

Conte wants to return to Italy also. And Mancini talked about desire to coach Italy NT.

I dont know if there is someone else obvious i have forgotten.

#2 ·
Ancelotti I would accept...but I would prefer someone younger.

The game has changed a bit, dinosaurs that fail to realise this will be left behind.

Spalletti doing well, and I think he is secure for the foreseeable future.

Allegri I'm not sure, Juventus (fans) not happy with him? I guess the CL failures could be a reason to remove him?

Conte would be ideal, I do rate him as manager. Players play hard for him.

Mancini I feel the game has passed him by a bit, but I feel would of done better than Ventura. Though should be considered as last resort.

#3 · (Edited)
Come on Jager, what is this nonsense.

I would expect most of the mentioned to say YES if their country comes calling.

Before Bayern spell Ancelotti had a very good record, he has the experience internationally now coaching different leagues, he used to be CL expert so once the cup competition starts he should do well. He is obviously the most experienced and winner type of manager in the list with 3 CL trophies.

The Juve fans in this forum are just over critical who always find something to criticize. He is a good coach and i can see him do well with Italy, playing solid football.

If Prandelli was good enough, then Spalletti should also do, plays good attacking football, has experience now, although in CL some setbacks.

Sarri is highly praised right now. Im not 100% if he is ready for Italy though. I mean he is 58 and he was still coaching Empoli in 2015.

#4 ·
No, I think there have been some notable managers who have refused to manage their respective countries.

Jose Mourinho to name one but I'm sure there are more. And while Capello has coached Russia and England, I believe he was approached to manage Italia but refused...if I remember correctly but I could be wrong.

Ancelotti is a polarising figure, I'm not sure he would bring much more to the proverbial table. His excellent credentials aside. I would accept him, but he is stuck in his ways. I'm not sure we need that attitude now.

Spaletti's time will come, but he just signed. And barring an epic collapse I don't see him leaving. His job is CL football.

Allegri is the darkhorse because if Juventus win or lose Serie A, its how they end their CL competition that will likely dictate his future. I can see him leaving regardless at the end of the season.

Ideally Conte does come back to Italy, and saves the Azzurri.

#6 ·
Mourinho wants to coach Portugal as his final job in management. Mainly because he is used to coach weekly but as a NT coach you meet players once a month. Said it for years in interview, one day, when he is old, he will coach Portugal NT.

Im not too bothered about Capello. He was past his prime mid 2000s. He took the two most paid jobs at the time in England and Russia. He was top 2 best paid coach with those jobs. He struggled in the CL in the 2000s. Stagnated football. Got beaten by inferior sides in CL with Madrid and Juve. Got humiliated by Germany in 2010. Russia was just a big money move. So where does his priorities lie. Russia had no quality, but offered lot of money. He got owned by teams like Algeria and couldnt beat Korea.

#7 ·
Ancelotti has said in the past that he isn't ready to coach Italy because he still wants the daily coaching duties of a club coach, Conte left the NT for the same reason.

Maybe Ancelotti will change his mind after getting the boot at Bayern, i don't think Conte will however and he will most likely either continue at Chelsea or go to another club.

As for Allegri, he recently signed an extension and i don't see him leaving in the next 2 years.

I think Sarri to me looks like the most realistic and he's shown he knows how to get the best out of players. But i don't know if Napoli will be willing to let him go.

#8 ·
Sarri would be the best and most realistic choice. He plays an imposing and energetic attacking football that can motivate the new generation. Tho he is fairly naive tactically and doesn't adapt, but that's not all too big of a concern in NT level where you mainly face lesser opponents. Would be a good builder for the future with that approach.

Plus unlike the other names, he probably is most likely to see incredible career pride and achievement to get this gig.

Jager Allegri is great for us, no one is genuinely unhappy with him, just spoilt. He won't leave any time soon (hopefully), and if he does leave it won't be Azzurri but most likely EPL / Bayern / PSG type of gig.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

#9 · (Edited)
Juve fans criticize Allegri (myself included) because he hasn't won CL finals, in an era where CL finals are pretty much reserved for teams with revenues several times higher than ours.

He's done a phenomenal job for us, it's just that at times during the season the level of play can be a bit uninspiring.

But let's put it in perspective, we've had great squads in the past where we haven't been able to even progress much in the knockouts. Now we have great squads and consistently get to the CL final.

That's on Allegri.

3 doubles in 3 years, 2 CL finals in 3 years.

#11 ·
We probably need a winner right now and Ancelotti won what Ventura wouldn't win in a million years. And is free. I'm not sure he is going to accept the job, because it's a job which can burn a career.
If we had to choose a coach who is already inside the FIGC instead then I would give a chance to Evani who looked brilliant in the under 20 world cup. Obviously it would be a completey different choice, pre-Sacchi, in the tradition of Bearzot and Vicini, and Cesare Maldini after Sacchi. And risky. No, right now we'd need a winner, with big shoulders. Ancelotti, since he is also free.

#13 ·
Ancelotti checks all the boxes but he is a cozy big club manager. Do not see him settling with a long term project of Azzurri at all. Would shock me if he accepted the job.

#14 ·
I can see Lotti coaching the NT after coaching another club team, i don't see him wanting to coach it right now.

He probably has a few more years as a club coach and then will move on to NT managing.

#24 ·
This is a fair point, one i was thinking about as well and it is a mitigating factor when it comes to Tavecchio's culpability in this mess.

But that still doesn't mean Ventura wasn't a terrible choice because he was.

#17 ·
We need someone with a clear blueprint for the next 4 to 8 years. Sarri fits perfectly because of his age and his studious approach, while also being good with youngsters and there are obviously some who will be integrated into the tam over the next 4 years.

We definately must avoid giving a 2-year contract which then leaves us having to reboot things just before the WCQs start, like in 2016.

I find Ancelotti and especially Conte more opportunistic choices. They won't build anything, just do what they have to do for their tenure, like Conte did between 2014 and 2016.

We have had 4 coaches in the last 7 years: we need stability and a blueprint for the next decade about how the team will play and how new players will be integrated and when.

#19 ·
So, who is the temporary manager? Cause realistically if they dont get Ancelotti in during these next few days, the next manager will be signed next summer when then all of Sarri, Allegri, Spalletti etc are more realistic cause the season is over and they can move on and there is plenty of time then for clubs to react accordingly.

If they gonna stick with Ventura till next summer :howler:

#22 ·
Short notice = available soon.

Whoever is chosen, it must not be Tavecchio who does it. I really regret saying he would be a better candidate to be president than Albertini back in 2014. If Albertini had won, Ventura would not have been appointed and we would be in Russia now.

If Evani is not chosen permanently, then I think it is probable that Di Biagio will take over until the end of the season. If he does well, he might be made permanent in the summer.

#27 ·
So now the frontrunner seems to be Mancini.

I dont know about that. He has poor record in CL cup competitions. But he can maybe bring Balotelli back to the team. He comes with issues but i think Italy miss that physical presence which he can add.

But Mancini for me lacks that key mentality which is needed right now and authority. Still he is probably better option than Grosso or Di Biagio. And he has at least won some titles and coached some big clubs.

#29 ·
The main question is becoming, what is the target. Qualify for euro, or aim to win it?

Given what just happened, some will say at least qualify for euros and its seen as some sort of success. Heck they expanded the euros so its easier to qualify for it anyway.

Need a strong reaction for next tournament. Im still convinced there are players out there to build a solid team going forward. The main question is the CF for me. And that guys like Verratti stay fit and start to deliver for Italy considering all this hype around them.

#30 ·
1. The misery is extreme.
2. The days of world class coaches coveting the Nazionale position are over. Many would in fact prefer other opportunities. So who among the choices offered here would even want the job?
3. I'm still interested in a quality foreign option.
4. Let's reject the anti-intellectual strain at the FIGC that put us in this situation to begin with. The Lotitos and Tavecchios need to go golfing with Trump. To see Sventura bumbling on the sidelines while playing a formation that helped prevent us from scoring was all the Idiots had to offer. We need an honest thinker who understands tactics and motivates players.

#35 ·
1. The misery is extreme.
2. The days of world class coaches coveting the Nazionale position are over. Many would in fact prefer other opportunities. So who among the choices offered here would even want the job?
3. I'm still interested in a quality foreign option.
4. Let's reject the anti-intellectual strain at the FIGC that put us in this situation to begin with. The Lotitos and Tavecchios need to go golfing with Trump. To see Sventura bumbling on the sidelines while playing a formation that helped prevent us from scoring was all the Idiots had to offer. We need an honest thinker who understands tactics and motivates players.
Wont happen, but who you have in mind?

I can only think of one name which could work in terms of results, and that wont happen. Simeone.

Mourinho wont coach Italy.

And tbh neither is available. Dont mention past it options like Van Gaal or Hiddink.

#31 ·
Probably the best to get of the depressing choices is most likely Mancini.

That mofo probably wants the job at least.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.