Xtratime Community banner

Which top team would you like Romania to meet next?

• France

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Sweden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Spain

• Portugal

• Brazil

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Argentina

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the friendly against Germany is behind us, which top team would you like Romania to play next?

·
Registered
69,500 Posts
Brazil, no doubt. Since WC94, I dream with this game. Yesterday they played in Hungary, why not Romania?? :nasty:

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
GICA said:
Brazil, no doubt. Since WC94, I dream with this game. Yesterday they played in Hungary, why not Romania?? :nasty:
I also voted against Brazil. They seem to always be consistent (even in friendlies) and it would be a true test of our worth...
We haven't played them since 1970 or something like that.
Plus all our games against South American teams are very exciting!

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Marius said:
I also voted against Brazil. They seem to always be consistent (even in friendlies) and it would be a true test of our worth...
We haven't played them since 1970 or something like that.
Plus all our games against South American teams are very exciting!
We'd get stomped by the brazilians, England on the other hand is something else. :D

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Raven said:
We'd get stomped by the brazilians, England on the other hand is something else. :D

So what? We need strong opponents...like Italy, Brazil, France.
We played Italy and France, but not Brazil (not for about 30 years or so)...I think we would do well against Brazil!

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Marius said:
So what? We need strong opponents...like Italy, Brazil, France.
We played Italy and France, but not Brazil (not for about 30 years or so)...I think we would do well against Brazil!
In our white kit! :D

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Obviously games against strong opponents like Brazil, Argentina, France, etc. would all be great...I voted Brasil since they are the current world champions however...and since we just beat the runners up, maybe we can have a chance with the world champions now :rolleyes: :tongue:

·
Registered
25,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I voted for France, Brazil and Italy.

We need to play against Italy with our best players and the way we know how to play, not the usual way we play against them (starting with Euro 2000, we've tried to change lots of things when we played them. This shows that we respect them too much). We need also to practice to play against teams that break the game, we have problems with such teams.

Regarding France, we need to show them that loosing 2-1 in Paris last time was just an accident. We can play against them. We're not sure who's gonna win, but that time Romania played as if they pretty were inferior (ultra defensive mentality, tactics, fear of playing, etc.).

As for Brazil, well... it would be a pleasure playing against them. Plus, it's been a while since our teams haven't played together.

·
Registered
16,029 Posts
lupisor lupetto said:
I voted for France, Brazil and Italy.

Regarding France, we need to show them that loosing 2-1 in Paris last time was just an accident. We can play against them. We're not sure who's gonna win, but that time Romania played as if they pretty were inferior (ultra defensive mentality, tactics, fear of playing, etc.).

The attitude in that game wasn´t bad, we tried to attack, but many of our players weren´t in their best form.But we almost got a tie in Paris.

Anyway, i think we are not ready for Brazil or France yet, i would like to play Argentina, a tough team, that we can beat right now in a good day and when we have formed a solid team with Mutu, Pancu, and the internal players we play the biggest teams

1 - 9 of 9 Posts