Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it sems that Fiore will go to Lazio the next season, Lazio has make a deal whit unidese to have both Fiore and Giannichedda for the next season and paid around 39m. for them; I think this suck!!!, I want Fiore in Juve!!!!...

In other news its seems that Juve has made a bid for Montella, at least that says Franco Sensi, the bid its for 41m, this comes becouse Inzagui is not very happy at all for the way the club planned the transfer market.
Other option to replace him is Marcelo Salas,Lazio is trying to sale him or trede him to Juve or Inter. So on tuesday Moggi met Cragnotti to talk about a posible trade.

That's all i have...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
think juve's on the right track regarding transfers (again). with all due respect, having watched all of italy's games and a coupla of Udinese's, fiore looks to be a good player but nothing like the fantastic fella he's being hyped to be. i can't see how he would joust juve's main campaigners ... certainly not at that ridiculous price he's being valued (approx 25 mil euros??). in truth, he had his best match against belgium which is at best, a pretty limited team. against stronger opposition, he was simply forced into be mediocrity together with the entire italian midfield.

read a post on lazio's forum slighting other teams (again) ... something along the lines of the current lazio team being the greatest ever and how juve's reps sucked. good grief. and couto's suddenly supposed to be a world-beater too. honestly, some euro teams' defences and certainly attack aren't comparable to the serie a. liked that sobering statement platini made about zidane, about putting things into perspective and context when he mentioned maradona could do with an orange what zidane could do with a ball. to emphasize this, remember how zidane, kluivert and company were so effectively neutralized by the typical serie a-like italy? its a completely different ball game over here.

the crespo deal is crazy. you could buy half a team of really good players with that sum, provided you have sufficient stature and contacts ... like juve does, naturally! even inter's moves look positively conservative currently. athirson and perhaps another keeper will complete the masterpiece that'll be painted by pinturrichio, embellished by the subtle and bold strokes of zizou and the pitbull respectively. though its unseemly to brag about one's team, but hey, only the most blinkered will fail to appreciate the force we'll be next season. may the prudent clubs like milan, juve and parma triumph over the other 4 sisters!

·
Registered
12 Posts
This sucks!!!

Well, we've officially blown it.

Fiore, Gianichedda, Crespo, Lopez, Baronio ?!?!?

Cragnotti is either completely mad or a genuis of the highest order.

Much as it pains me to say it, I think the latter looks more likely.

WIth Fiore, and Baronio, Lazio have picked up possibly the best Italian midfielders for the next several years, while Juventus just sat back on there ass picking their noses!

What the hell happened here?

Instead of O'Neill, Juve should have gone for Fiore while they had the chance (should probably have fought a little for Baronio too, though that would have been an uphill one).

Yeah, you can say our midfield is good, etc., but the players we have (young and old) are not as good as some of the ones others have been buying this summer.

Yes, Zidane is MUCH better than Fiore, but soon, Zidane may start to fade seen as he's getting older, and Fiore would have been the best available replacement that I've seen (far, far superior to O'Neill in my opinion).

And would you rather have Tacchi or Baronio? Now don't get me wrong I love Tacchi in his own way, but his skills are too limited, he's a completely stolid central defensive midfielder, not remotely as skilled overall as a promising youngster like Baronio.

And yeah, you can say we've got Maresca, but frankly he looks more like Tachinnardi than a Baronio.

The main point is, I know Lazio are forking out INSANE amounts of money on the transfer market, and I'd LOVE to see it backfire on those arrogant SOB's but I don't think it will, Cragnotti's choice of talent is just too good.

Yeah, the Crespo thing was a little over the top, but once upon a time ladies and gentlemen, a few years ago, Juve was absolutely the best at searching up and buying the right talent in the right place at the right time.

Fiore was the kind of player we would have bought. Great talent, just emerging in his prime, with no troublesome contractual ties to any of the other big clubs.

Yeah, Udinese made him a little expensive, but frankly, that's just the reality of today's market, as Cragnotti seems to understand, while Moggi seems to have lost his mind about that.

You can't keep up if you're not willing to spend anything, if you're only willing to buy obscure 19 year olds, all of whom are going to be loaned out, and (probably sold) to other clubs. How does that help Juve?

Maybe clubs like Lazio and Inter are too spendthrift, just throwing money at big talent to an extent which probably at some point backfires, but Juve have just become waayyy too thrifty.

It's like Moggi is scared ****less to change this team one iota.

We've only had four real purchases this summer, and in today's environment, that's a pittance. THat's less than last summer, and even then people were all over us for not doing enough?

Moggi, where have you gone?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Well Im glad Moggi isnt like Cragnotti! I dont Juve to become another Inter as Lazio have. Lazio have signed TOO MANY players. It'll only create tension and that will be their downfall! And I would love to see that, something nice for those arrogant pricks! They are buying glory..

Bout Fiore, they paid way too much for him. He isnt that good.

I am very happy with Moggi if he brings us Athirson!

·
Registered
12 Posts
You're right,

I really hope it does create tension for Lazio, so much tension that it blows the squad up. (There were already signs of that last year, Couto and Simeone fist-fight, etc.), but so for they have not suffered much from this. Inter have of course, and I just pray Lazio will go the way of Inter in the last two years.

Inter this year actually have been fairly conservative, something that makes me like them more.

Still with today's purchase of the awesome Zenden, Lazio's transfer market bonanza just marches on....

I hope we still have a big purchase or two left, but I don't really believe it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
lazio won't win anything this season so all their STAR :confused: players will go on strike and have to sell them for lower prices than they bought them and then they'll go bankrupt and there won't be any lazio anymore! :D

R

·
0 Posts
How about signing Ronaldinho (Gremio)? He'll get him cheaper than Fiore and he's TEN TIMES better than Fiore, PLUS he's still young.

Somehow I don't think Trezeguet was a good signing, maybe they should've approached The Arrogant Anelka or someone else, not Trezeguet, he just isn't a World Class Player. But then again, he might rise to the occasion and prove me wrong.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
well ramy, cragnotti's certainly outdone moratti in spectacular fashion. however, i think inter will do well next season; they have the players, another year of gelling into a team and the billing as expensive flops(-to-be?) taken over by lazio. don't forget lippi is there too.

the crespo thing has certainly provoked a furore. the current scenario is almost like playing cm3!! if you guys noticed, there seems to be a certain trend reversal; the traditional powers like milan and juve have allowed the newer upstarts like lazio and roma to hog the limelight. i say 'allow' because we certainly have the might to match or beat them in this aspect but it will be like competing for the prize of the biggest fool; empty and farcical. we have bought wisely; spectacular transfers and glamour has never been part of us and will unlikely to be. moreover, the latter has never been a guarantee of quality anyway; we're great examples of that with zidane and davids. the truth is we're always a force to be reckoned with. others may criticize juve over a thousand reasons but juventus will always be a respected opponent. worry not about our rivals' antics coz we can certainly hold our own. frankly, why not just show more faith in our team-to-be next season? it looks really really good!! oh, seems that we have almost wrapped up the athirson deal. i wonder how we'll play next season? a couple of alternative formations make much more interesting discussions ...

and while at it, anyone with more character and technical ability info on our new primavera members? pericard, that new ajax kid and more of guzman etc?

its amusing to read how some of the very staunch anti-moratti critics in the lazio faction have detracted and are now labouring to justify their own president's act. some even claim they're just being honest and objective. oh, the slight difference now is that lazio has at last won something. weren't the previous indignant criticisms made on moral high grounds ... for the good and against over-commercializing the game? selective amnesia? such smugness and arrogance to conclude the nauseating garbage ... appropriate. on top of that, it also seems that someone just can't have enough crap about the refs thing. don't you feel tired harping about the same thing over and over again?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Yeah Lippi is in Inter. He had ONE bad year here in Juve, the 2nd year was fantastic. This will be Lippi's 2nd year in Internazionale. So who knows?

Dont underestimate Trezz, if we dont make the same mistake as we did with Henry I think he'll shine! You saw for yourself how much time (3min) he needed to score in the finale :)

P

·
0 Posts
cragnotti

I have to admit, it sux that Lazio bought Zenden, he's mighty good. But then again Juve have the sort-of-Zenden-neutralizer Zambrotta. Its also pretty disappointing that Juve didn't buy Fiore, he seems like someone that would do well with Juve, rather than Lazio. I haven't seen Athirson play, so I have no idea how he'll improve the team, but everyone seems to be hyped up about him, so I'll assume its a good thing.

Is it just me, or is Lazio really annoying? yeah, they are good, but they seem to have really interesting beliefs about their team(s). I personally prefer Parma and Milan. Oh, and about that Cannavaro thing, if Lazio buys him, that's just waaaay too much. Would Parma let him go? he's such a great defender, it would be a shame to see him at Lazio.

Anyway, just a question, how many italian players does lazio have, in comparison to foreigners?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Ok I was in a different state of mind. Lazio can easily accuse US for trying to buy it. hmm. :)

But dammit, I hope Lazio's buys backfire on them 1000% ! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts