Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Benito Carbone's permanent move to Villa Park has hit a snag that might mean a heavy financial loss at Sheffield Wednesday, his former club. Doug Ellis, the Aston Villa chairman, agreed to pay Wednesday £750,000 in addition to the nominal sum that he gave when Carbone joined the club. However, the forward is understood to be asking for £35,000 a week. Ellis might withdraw from the deal if he concludes that Carbone's terms and the transfer fee are too much to pay.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Quelle surprise!!!!

Looks like Deadly Doug strikes again...he must be the stingyiest chairman in the premiership...if not the whole world!!!

Come On Doug...he's worth it!

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
finally is he gonna stay or not!???????

natalya-u speak french!? :)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Doug ain't stingy especially compred with Edwards.
Dublin, Merson, Stone, Thompson, Watson, James, Carbone. That's over 32 mil.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Xax, I'm learning french! :)

As for Beni Carbone staying...they have now decided to put off negoations until the end of the season....the sega will go on and on I think.

Ellis, is not stingy in the sense that he won't buy players....but in the fact that he won't shell out the money for the big players...little players are fine! Whereas Edwards did for players such as Yorke ( :()

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Yeah but look how much money Man U have made from winning the treble. At least Doug seems to care a bit about the club.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I know, I give Doug a hard time...but he still needs to move with the times, I mean spending the money from the NTL deal on a new Trinity Road stand when we can't even fill Villa Park at the moment! It's gonna be heartbraking to lose the tradition of that stand! Doug fails to understand that we need to spend money on players to fill the current stadium!!

And another thing, he refuses still to recognise that Villa has a glory period while he was not chairman! That makes me mad!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I think that he's changed though. I'd say his deadly title has been lost as a few seasons ago I think JG would have gone after his form earlier this season, Ellis stuck with him and he's been rewarded.

Hurry up and read that book - it's really good.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Yeah, I was surprised that he didn't sack him also!!!! Maybe he is losing the title and about time too! :)

I'll put the book on my list for when I have finished my exams!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I've got exams and essays due in soon but am on this all the time instead. What you revising for?

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
My A'Levels. U???

Although I spend far too much time on here :)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
First year Uni degree things, fun.
What subjects you take??

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
At the moment I am studying, History, English and French!

Next year I hope to go the School of Oriental and African studies to study History of the Middle East. If I get the grades!!!

------------------
WESF

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
English lang/lit???

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
natalya-history!??

isn't it boring or sleepy!??sorry if i'm saying this .but ...i always have had the bad impression history classes were sleepy!

but i do know litterature whether french or english WERE boring! :(

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
History is very very interesting if you do the right stuff (mainly the wars). I am reading a lot of stuff and I am not doing the subject. Sociology is brilliant as well.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
History is cool it is my passion...we have been studying the 20th century for 4 years now in my school...and the A Level class studies international relations since the Treaty of Versailles, but really concentrates on the Cold War, and then we do in depth studies on the USSR and USA up until 1991! So it is all pretty contemporary!
But if I get into the University I want to go to, I would be getting away from western history and looking at the explosive situation in the Middle East!

As for English, it is literature which is boring! :(

French concentrates less on the litterature and more on the political and social situation in France, so we look at the role of women, the environment and multicultural france which is extremely interesting!!! The litterature that we have done has been Duras and Camus, so again books with a lot of ideas!

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
humm.. maybe i should consider taking some history classes then..

i mean i do like watching all sorts of documentaries on tv..or else do lot of research and reading encyclopedia...

i like reading or watching biographies of famous ppl like lenin or stalin..that's very interesting...
yups stuff concerning USSR always intrigues me a lot too...i'm also kinda asking myself how come they are now so low....watched a documentary on that and then i have a gd russian friend...the situation there is terrible!!
and me who was considering to study there..!

oh about literature...i think it really is boring!
i always remember doing it and me and my friends always trying to figure out a way so that our teacher wouldnt' see that we were sleeping!that was pretty much funny and sometimes he would just ask one of us to read a part and we were completely lost as we were kinda sleeping and had to ask a neighbour where we've reached!!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Where you from xax??

I personally put the current situation in Russia down to the rapid industrialisation of Russia during the period of Stalin, I mean it went from a third world country to super power in 20 years. The system set up in the Stalinist state was over centralised and too much bureaucracy. Then came the disasterous agricultural reforms under khrushchev and the period of economic stagnation and decline under Brezhnev. When Gorbachev came in, he tried to change things...but it was too much to late and the system started to collapse. As soon as Communist Russia was declared dead, the capitalists rushed in and, again in my opinion, made the situation evern worse...be interesting to read what Kat thinks...because of course I have not lived under and communist system or seen its effects first hand!

As for Literature, we do some good stuff like Shakespeare...but I hate the way it is taught in my school!

·
THE
13,983 Posts
Ehee, look Talya, what you did.
There are so many versions of this killing that nobody knows what the truth is. The one who was killed was indeed Nikolai II ( I stick to russian names ok?) I read a book few months ago about Romanov's today, appers that there are still lots of people who declares that the russians throne belongs to them, so it's possible that somebody call himself Nikolai III. The Nikolai's brother, don't remember his name, probably Konstantin, was tsar few days after that, but he also abdicate(is that the right word?) And frankly, it's more that certain that Lenin didn't give the order to kill this family. If you remember, there was two revolutions, first one in Feb and second one in Nov. After first one they were so confused and suprised, that they had know idea what to do with the family, so they put them kinda on hold position, they didn't want to kill them at all, they kinda had solution that the family will send out to some foregein country. But then the opposite sides (Kerenski-Lenin) got into a fight, and things went ugly. Ahh, sorry, have to go. shall continue...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts