Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great news to the team, Pablo Lima (Danubio), Fabián Estoyanoff (Peñarol), are now officially part of the squad that willbe going to Chile later this month... These two will give us the depth we need in defence and offence..

Now a total of 23 players working under the guidance of Juan Ramón Carrasco: Jorge Bava, Néstor Conde, Joaquín Hernández, Pablo Melo, Jorge Curbelo, Carlos Valdez, Pablo Lima, Gonzalo Vicente, Sebastián García, Daniel Hernández, Jorge Martínez, Pablo Munhoz, Carlos Diogo, Ignacio González, Carlos Grosnile, Horacio Peralta, Sebastián Taborda, Gonzalo Vargas, Nicolás Vigneri, Sergio Leal, Fabián Estoyanoff, Sergio Blanco y Gonzalo Choy.
Also more news on the next FIFA date.. February 18th.. Uruguay does not have an opponent yet, but the offer has come from Asia,we may see Uruguay facing China.. If the game doesn't come through AUF will turn to an European opponent or as the last resort Australia
links:
http://www.tenfieldigital.com.uy/servlet/hntdide?0,0,5/,1,19789,1,0,0

http://www.diariolarepublica.com/2004/larepublica.htm

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
El Preolimpico

Qualifing for the Olympics begins next week.

We are in a very tough group, with Brasil, Paraguay, and Venezuela.

The first place team quailifies directly to the semis, while second & third must play an extra game.

Here is a list of our team

Jorge Bava, Néstor Conde, Joaquín Hernández, Pablo Melo, Jorge Curbelo, Carlos Valdez, Pablo Lima, Gonzalo Vicente, Sebastián García, Daniel Hernández, Jorge Martínez, Pablo Munhoz, Carlos Diogo, Ignacio González, Carlos Grosnile, Horacio Peralta, Sebastián Taborda, Gonzalo Vargas, Nicolás Vigneri, Sergio Leal, Fabián Estoyanoff, Sergio Blanco y Gonzalo Choy.

I know what your thinking where is El Pollo Oliviera?

Well Juve wouldn't let him go, and also Hornos was not let go by Sevilla.

The Hornos thing I'm not too mad about, because he is still comming off that injury, and maybe they have plans for him, in the second half of the year. But Juve has shown no desire to use Ruben, or have i herd any rumors, of him being loaned out to another team.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i don't know why Juve always want him to say ughh,they really get on my nerves.. it's not like all of their midfielders are suddenly going to get injured :mad: , because i know they have no intention of loaning him out,this month at least,and about hornos, i can understand.. they want to keep him healthy and i'm sure they will use him once he's back.. after watching him play againt Euskadi the other day, they realized once again why they bought him..:D ... But without these two i think we can place 1st or at least second.. I have trust in this team but most of all i have extreme expectations for JR.. Uruguay are going to come out as the under dogs and take the competition with this great team..

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
We always complain about Casal, but this time he really came thorugh for us. He spoke directly to Moggi to get Ruben released from what I heard.

I do believe this team can qualify for the Olympics, but it will not be easyl. If we do qualify it will be a uphill battle the whole way through.

Our group is very difficult. First we play the Chileans who will be playing at home, which always make a tough game even more difficult.

Then after that we have to compete with the Brasilian & Paraguayins. One of the 4 teams will not qualify to the next round.

·
Registered
651 Posts
It will definetly be tough, I want to see the teams that the other coaches have called up. an Estoyanoff - Leal - Peralta front line is mouthwatering to say the least:)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That does sound great and we do have Tadorba, Choy and Vigneri sitting on the bench .. :D

But how will our defence look?

----C.Diogo----Pablo Melo----Carlos Valdez----Daniel hernandez----
(Jorge Curbelo) (Pablo Lima)

And how will the midfield work?

------Pablo Munhoz-------Jorge Martinez------Ruben Olivera-----------
(I.Gonzalez) (Carlos Grosnile)
I think this is the best way..

-------------Jorge Bava---------------
-C.Diogo-P.Melo-J.Curbelo-P.Lima-
-P.Munhoz-J.Martinez-R.Olivera-
-Estoyanoff-Taborda-H.Peralta-
:D
If only Marcelo Sosa,Bizera,and Lago could play.. It would make things much easier.. And cebolla rodriguez would make things better too... Anyone know why JR didn't give him a deserved callup?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
All he said was that there were about 20 other players that he was thinking about calling, but he didn't, and that he wasn't going to explain why he didn't call one players, unless he explained them all, and that would be ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, i read that in Tenfield, that's the only think that i do not like about Carrasco. He takes things way to personnally, a player may not listen to his cammands in one game and that's it he's out, until Carrasco resignes:rollani:. I find that a little harsh. But this was not the case with Marcelo Sosa, thank god, they said it was a tactical reason.?. Don't understand how a player doesn't fit into a team which does not have a defensive midfielder..:confused:.

On other news, Sub-23 have traveled to Chile on Monday and should now be settled in at the hotel. Ruben Olivera will now join with the rest of the players, and continue to train.

link:http://www.tenfieldigital.com.uy/servlet/hntdide?0,0,5/,1,19809,1,1,0

Also, Carrasco has confirmed the team for the debut against Chile. Here are the 11.

--------------------------Jorge Bava------------------------------
---Carlos Diogo--Carlos Valdez---Pablo Melo--Daniel Hernández----
Pablo Munhoz---Jorge "Malaca" Martínez---Ruben "Pollo" Olivera--
-----Sergio Leal----------Nicolás Vignieri----------Horacio Peralta------

I trust in this team, and believe they can put in a great performance, good enough to make us proud and qualify for the Olympics.. :)

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Oh No!!!

Were are losing 2-0 to Chilie late in the first half. We can not afford to lose this game.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Dmmit:mad:

we are completely lost in midfield..how did Munhoz ever get a senior strt in the Seleccion?:eek:

and Grosnile is unfortunetly no Recoba....hopefully Lolo comes on early and gives us some spark..Peralta has been non existent.

·
Registered
651 Posts
and what the hell is Carrasco doing with Diogo at right back?? He should be in the bloody centre of he field in place of Martinez..

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:mad: This defineatly was not our night. When the game started the team was really well put together, looking at past performances,Diogo was right where he was played. But the things that hurt us the most were firt-timers, like for example Hernandez one who has never wore the shirt in a competitive level, so you may expect these things to happen in front of 22k and a Chile owned by national team caps.. So JR went nuts and took him off (very wrong in my opinion,that was his mistake) Taking him off and bringing in Grosnile?? So what happens now? Were playing with 3 defenders, and now the only forward who was creating havok in the oppositions side has to drop back and cover, but before we know it the second comes knocking on the net. Second half on the way and JR makes his second mistake of the game taking off Munhoz, one was defending and doing all possible to hold back the attack, the sub should have been I.Gonzalez for J.Martines, who was up to this point not stopping anyone it seemed as if the shirt was a little too much weight on his back. But if that substitution could not be made than none should have been made at all. So the game continues tensions run high and Chile get a third. Peralta later gets taken out,to bring in Lolo, Peralta was one of the best so far but was taken off in my opinion to be rested for the next match. Because at this point the game was lost and we were trying not to concieve another. Everything that could've gone wrong did. Even Olivera the other best player, got a red card at the 84th minute, preventing him from playing against Brazil on Sunday..:(
Let's hope JR can get back on track and set Brazil straight.. because right now i am definetly not content with what has happened..

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
A Look Ahead

Well luckly Brasil beat Paraguay 3 - 0, and Chilie did the same to Venezuela.

This is good news, because it keeps us in very good posion, for the 3rd place in the group.

Even if we dont get a result against Brasil, if we get 6 points from Paraguay, and Venezuela, we should finish 3rd.

However winning those 2 games, will be very difficult.

Carraso has gone crazy again, and is going to make 6 substitutions for the Brasil match, and will use Leal, as a
midfielder.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
By winning against Venezuela and Paraguay we get 6 ponits and we still qualify in third? I don't like depending on other teams to qualify though, if we want to make it to Athens we are going to have to get through these teams (Brazil,Chile,Peru,and Argentina) so we cannot be making excuses everytime we play, these guys have to go into the field feeling positive and knowing they can do it.

And as for Leal i think it's a great chance to show what he can do, in Uruguay he has done amazin things playing as forward, but i cn also see him as playing "enganche". It's a stepped back version of the forward. But i trust in this team because we have a great strong back line(all defenders) and a good midfield, therefore Leal will not have to come back as much.. Also Choy thinks like a midfielder so you can expect him coming back a lot.. I think were going to come back hungry enough to win it..
My Prediction: Uruguay 2:1 Brazil..:) Let's hope.. At least we can walk out saying we beat Brazil..:tongue: Predictions are welcome.. come on where is everyone??

·
Registered
651 Posts
:)

well we drew 1-1, with Vigneri scoring our goal:) He really is shining with the NT..Did anyone see the match? I woke up to see that it had already been played. why so early?

Anyway judging by this draw I reckon we can get passed Paraguay and Venezuela.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, it was a great game did not see it however. I do not think that Vigneri should be getting so much playing time.. with Olivera coming back for the Venezuela game tomorrow i predict 2 changes. Olivera on the left side with, Leal moving to center forward, replacing Vigneri and, Peralta replacing Choy on the left. Let's see how JR sees them in practice,this game is key and should be cake, but you never know with this team..

Let's hope everything goes well and we do qualify for the next round ;)

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
This is game, we need to not just win, but also win big. This could all come down to goal diferential, and we are at -3 right now.

If I were JRC, I wouldn't move Lolo from the starting line up, but Olivera has to be on the field. Peralta is a player that, I can live without. I havent seen much from him, when playing with the NT.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts