Xtratime Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,324 Posts
_Eight_Ball_ said:
lol, np. ;)

Fine result and performance to come back from an early set back away from home. Keeps us in a strong third place :)
Blody hell I thought Bent won that for us :frustrat:

No one to beat and hits it wide............... I guess you have to be happy with a point but seeing Arsenal stumbled with Liverpool we had a chance to be in second.

· Registered
4,324 Posts
After a gutty performance Moyes is ready to talk about the possability of playing in Europe next season.
Moyes targets Europe
Sun 28 Nov, 6:52 PM

Everton boss David Moyes has set his sights on Europe after seeing his battling troops fight back to claim a point at Newcastle.

Lee Carsley's 56th-minute free-kick gave the visitors their reward for a determined defensive display as they managed to claw their way back into the game following Craig Bellamy's fifth-minute opener.

The Magpies trudged off the pitch at the final whistle as if they had suffered a fourth successive home defeat after turning in a display good enough to win but finding themselves denied by keeper Nigel Martyn on several occasions, the woodwork on two more and former Magpie Alessandro Pistone's back at the death.

But Everton rode their luck and might even have snatched all three points to strengthen their unlikely claims on European football next season.

"I am not going to set myself up but why would we now not try to be one of the teams who are challenging?" said Moyes. "Newcastle, they will challenge for Europe, no doubt, and we are 10 points ahead of them at the moment, so we have got to think that we can do that as well.

"We have got a long way to go and we are just starting our re-building programme really, but the players are doing a great job of getting it underway, that's for sure."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.