Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've done it one, could we possibly do it again :howler:

Griffin and Pearson are injury doubts,. and I say good. Mears and McEveley clearly should be the 2 full backs.

And I've laid off it it for a bit, but for **** sake, will we please just give Feilhaber a ****ing game. It's so blatantly obvious our midfield is completely void of any creativity or ideas. We moan about hoofing the ball too much, but the midfield are as guilty of not showing for the ball, as the defenders just hoofing it. Feilhaber's the only player I've seen this season (on those rare occasions) who seems to have an idea of what to do, and can create space for himself.

There's no point ingnoring the fact anymore, we're down already, all I want to see now is some decent football, because there's been very little of that this season. The way this teams playing at the moment would struggle in the Championship.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
As knowing Jimbo quite well.. I often hear the wrath of his views on Feilhaber, but it does baffle me why this guy aint playing, as he is a current "International" player.

The game is on the tele, I had completly forget bout it which is unusual for me :howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot it was on the telly as well :howler: Must be something to do with not actually wanting to watch it...

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gadsby's not on the board anymore. It seems is his status as the saviour is souring, alot of accusations off only being involved to make a few quid now flying about.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MATCH PREVIEW: NEWCASTLE v DERBY
Posted on: Fri 21 Dec 2007

Jay McEveley has said that it's time for the Rams to "step up to the plate" in Sunday's game at Newcastle United.

It's hard to disagree with that sentiment. The Christmas period can make or break a team's season with so many games in a short space of time, and from a Derby perspective the season needs to be made.

But it won't be straightforward against Newcastle, the only team to be beaten by Derby so far in 2007/08.

Sam Allardyce, after a difficult few weeks, appears to have steadied the ship somewhat in the last fortnight or so.

A battling draw against Arsenal was followed by late wins at home to Birmingham and away to Fulham, lifting what was beginning to become a depressing mood on Tyneside.

Neither side will fancy Christmas lunch on the back of a defeat.

TEAM NEWS

Derby still have concerns over Andy Griffin (calf), Stephen Pearson (thigh) and Robert Earnshaw (groin) going into the weekend's clash.

Andy Todd (back) remains on the sidelines, while Marc Edworthy has resumed training after a calf problem.

England striker Michael Owen misses out for Newcastle with a thigh injury, as does Damien Duff as he continues to recover from foot trouble.

Steven Taylor should be clear of a slight hamstring niggle, but Abdoulaye Faye and Shola Ameobi should still be absent.

MATCH FACTS

Geordie striker Steve Howard, a lifelong Newcastle fan, is set to play at St James' Park for the first time in his professional career.

If he clears his calf problems, Andy Griffin could feature against the side he played more than 100 games for during a six-year spell.

Craig Fagan still needs one more appearance to bring up 150 in his Football League/Premier League career.

Derby haven't won at Newcastle since January 2 1989 when Mark Wright rose highest to head home the only goal of the game for Arthur Cox's side.

The Rams' last top-flight spell saw them beaten five times and pick up one draw at St James' Park in six years.

THE REFEREE

Andre Marriner blows the whistle at St James' Park for the first time this season - and his second Derby match.

The West Midlands official has taken charge of 16 games this season and issued 46 yellow cards, along with two reds.

One of those came at Pride Park in November when he dismissed Chelsea's Michael Essien late in the visitors' 2-0 success.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jones and Oakley injury doubts as well now. Surely the chance for Feilhaber to play, but Oakley will probably play and hobble around instead :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, they reckon Feilhaber's injured, as well as Oakley, Jones, Pearson and Todd, so who the f*cks gonna play in midfield :wallbang:

Leacock and Barnes, a centre forward and a centre half basically, well it will be an interesting combination. Though a half fit Oakley will probbably play and struggle badly.

I really have a bad feeling about this one, can see us getting seriously dicked on.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
OMG!!!! :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: what is wrong with a squad, they seem to be many players injured at the moment, do they all not want to play for us or summit!!!... and since when did Feilhaber get injured, it will be very interesting, to see the team that Jewell puts out at Newcastle today

I said to the lads yesterday, I can see us scoring first, but losing the game :howler: :howler: :howler:

3-1 to Newcastle im goin for :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
69,251 Posts
1:1 at halftime, Barnes scores an early goal but Viduka tied it up midway through the half. If Derby can get anything out of this game it's a good result

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
the only victory of Derby this season was over Newcastle :pp: now it's a chance to repeat a good score :thmbup:

·
Registered
69,251 Posts
its finished, 2:2 draw

shame we conceded a late goal like that but we have to be realistic and say a point away from Newcastle is a good result considering our form. Good to see two away goals also :thmbup:

·
Registered
69,251 Posts
bottom of the league at Christmas, time for a "great escape" :pp

13. Tottenham 18 -1 18
14. Bolton 18 -6 17
15. Middlesbrough 18 -13 17
16. Birmingham 18 -12 15
17. Fulham 18 -10 14
-------------------------
18. Sunderland 18 -17 14
19. Wigan 18 -16 13
20. Derby 18 -33 7

Liverpool and Blackburn at home to close the year, again, even one point would be too optimistic. Can't see us getting anything from Liverpool, maybe a point from Blackburn

January will be the key month, Bolton away, Wigan home, Pompey away (they have poor home form) Man City home and the FA Cup tie

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gutted we couldn't hold on, but not surprised, we're far too shaky in the centre of defence, Mears and McEveley do well at full backs, but too mnay times we just open up through the middle.

Oh well at least we had a positive performance, and 2 goals in one gome, and away from home :eek:

Good to see Barnes doing useful things again, Miller did very well only feeding off scraps, and some playing time for Feilhaber :eek:

If they play like that every week, it will do me, far better than some of the rubbish we've seen before, there's more fight in the players as well now.

Bring on the scousers :howler:

·
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,512 Posts
If sam's gonna be sacked, it'll be because of you in the first place, hopefully it'll happen and you'll still have something to cheer about :D

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Well what a game!!!!... to be honest I did a feel a teeny weeny disappointed that we didn't hold out for the win, but still, what a tremendous result for us :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I thought in terms of commitment and effort, it was full marks for me, but again as we keep saying, just our lack of any real quality, really stops us from opening up opposition teams... Ermmm also as Jimbo said, our central defence really needs changing or bolstering, because Moore looked compleltly out of his depth today, we need to invest in at least 2 good centre halfs in January

For me Kenny Miller was outstanding today, because apart from the goal which was a tremendous finish, he looked very lively and dangerous in and around the oppnenets penalty area.. maybe today would have given him some confidence to perhaps, kick start his season:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
hard luck guys for losing the f**2 pts in last 5 minutes !!
you were close to beat NUFC.

prepare well for LIVERPOOL game :strong: ;) .

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Can I just say Newcastle's defence is the worst I have ever seen :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts