Registered
68,647 Posts
Pretty cool.

Poor Newcastle though.

·
1st Tier Poster
52,841 Posts
lol

And they're still in relegation zone in the league too... only 11 pts after half the season is over.

I wonder if any team has ever come out of such a situation? In recent years it has always taken about 35-40 pts to escape the drop.

Although this season might be different as they are currently only 2 points off Watford and 17th place. Bottom 4 is really way behind the rest and you'd think Newcastle comes out on top thanks to brute force spending by their Arab owners in January.

·
Registered
Valencia CF
427 Posts
Good stuff.

Burnley and Watford have games in hand in the league, but gut feeling is Newcastle survive.

·
Registered
58 Posts
We see results in the fa Cup like this every year, lest not forget they've bought one player since takeover so nothing has changed for them yet. If they get some players in they can easily stay in the premiership, Howe is a great lower league manager unfortunately just an average PL manager.

·
Registered
68,647 Posts
Don't think Jeffrey intended to troll Newcastle, more like highlight the achievement of a 3rd tier team beating a Premiership team.

Nottingham are from the Championship and they have knocked out Arsenal in recent times so it's not that huge an upset.

Reactions: Jeffrey

·
Registered
14,732 Posts
The game was pretty amazing. The Cambridge striker who scored the goal has a brilliant name: Joe Ironside. And the Cambridge United keeper made some extraordinary saves, including a massive one right in the end.

Reactions: Nerazzurri4life

·
Registered
285 Posts
Actually saw Cambridge pull off a cup upset in person, in August 1998 (League Cup) against Watford, and have followed them ever since. So, it was a cool result for me.

·
Registered
14,732 Posts
Actually saw Cambridge pull off a cup upset in person, in August 1998 (League Cup) against Watford, and have followed them ever since. So, it was a cool result for me.
I'm living half the time here in Cambridge now, so it would be fun if the good times come back. Haven't been to the stadium yet though.

Reactions: SawyerFIF

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm living half the time here in Cambridge now, so it would be fun if the good times come back. Haven't been to the stadium yet though.
I went to Bournemouth uni and was a season ticket holder for them in the league 2 league 1 league 2 league 1 times, best thing I did at uni.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts