Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After two draws this is a must win match for us along with the match against Leeds. Blackburn are a very good side and are very good away. We need to do more with posession if we are to win, we have lacked creativity in the last two matches.

Team News
Harper is likely to start as Given is doubtful with a shoulder injury. Woodgate may start instead of Bramble or O'Brien. Dyer may return to the side. Ambrose and Chopra may also be given a chance.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Final Score:

Newcastle 0 - 1 Blackburn :rollani:

We were completely outplayed today. If something isn't done in the Jan transfer market we have no chance of getting that 4th place spot. Our defence is a joke. O'Brien, Hughes and Bramble were aweful today as they have been a lot throughout the season. Bernard was terrible today as was Jenas, Speed, Solano the list goes on. We should be able to beat Blackburn at home, no excuses. The usual excuses will come up, we were tired, we have a lot of injuries blah blah.

The fact is our defence is terrible, our midfield is lightweight and we rely far too much on Shearer up front. Teams know how to stop us now, its time for a change.

·
Registered
273 Posts
is the worst game i ever see newcastle played

:mad: I cannot believe it, i sit for two hour the vital win again but perhaps this is the worst newcastle ever be .And now we better pray that Manchester City Beat Liverpool for good ....What really sad and shocking is that our defense look like a division 3 class defense, we play wihout morale and confidence, what kind of spirit will it be to get Newcastle back in form for consistency....i don,t know what to say our defense really bad, only relying on Robert , solana and sharear to create miracle to happen......is a shock, three points gone......... but we better pray Manchester city beat Liverpool and hopefully Wolves will also draw with Liverpool....nothing to say more, yes,i do agree we need to buy player especially new player for defender.what a sad day

·
Registered
273 Posts
well it really look like a bad day

:(

80 minutes, liverpool is 2-1 up againts Manchester city, so that means they are twp points over us..............is a really bad day

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: well it really look like a bad day

leezi2020 said:
:(

80 minutes, liverpool is 2-1 up againts Manchester city, so that means they are twp points over us..............is a really bad day
Robbie Fowler got a last gasp equaliser for City to level the score.

I agree we really do need another top class defender if not two to have a decent back line.

Looking at our last three performances, I don't think there is much chance of us getting that 4th spot unless players are bought in. Liverpool have a better team than ours on paper and are performing better on the pitch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts