Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you give me a description of some new players in the league I never saw playing so far?

Muratovic
Rabihou
Salgado

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Just my feelings about them in short:

Muratovic: Well, that's Martin's business. ;)

Rabihou: Surprising me lately. Never really rated him, but catched everyone's eye with his Doppelpack against Mattersburg.

Salgado: In his first game missed one of those 100% (nah, 120%)-sitters, which would have won the game for Salzburg. So in my opinion, he's useless and doomed. ;)
Didn't really follow him until then. Not sure at all, but I think he had a light injury closely after his debut and is now coming back in the last few games. But nothing spectacular, as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Muratovic: Didn't really follow him, but I think he already scored the one or other goal. Sent off a week ago. Martin definitely knows more about him. ;)

Rabihou: Very fast, but imo that's it. Could develop to a Haas-replacement. He's still very young though, so maybe there's a brighter future for him. Rated very high by Kartnig... :rolleyes:

Salgado: So far I didn't know much about him, except that he's already been rated as a flop. However, imo a very good game yesterday. He has a good technique, but imo lacks killer-instincts in front of goal, though Didulica had to do some world-class saves to deny him his goal. Probably Salzburg's best transfer apart from Scharner.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
I'm not really, really sure about Salgado. It always impresses when somebody had a job in Serie A, but then again, so did Marco Topic. I guess the class of the two could be similar. Which is still not that bad for our dear Bundesliga.

Rabihou I actually rate way higher than Paul does. When I first saw the guy and found out about his age, I filed rather high chances of for this guy to be a potential massive factor. However, as we see in Afolabi who just had an autumn which I regard the best defender I ever saw in FAK (since the 70s), now is less than average. So there obviously is a big mood factor for the players who come up to a continent kinda alien to them, particularly when they find themselves, er "trapped", in Austrian Bundesliga. Mood could be a big factor for Rabihou as well. And for Nzuzi, which I also rate as a pretty high potential.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...oh, and for Akoto as well. After dramatically slumping to utterly bad, the guy now is part of the new system and besides still slumping a bit defensely (also because the Raumaufteilung between him and Dospel is not yet there, imo), has shining moments of the very bright side in Spielaufbau, langer Pass, as well as Torgefährlichkeit. Very much way, way better than before the implementation of Lars & Günne.

:)

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tgv325 said:
Rated very high by Kartnig... :rolleyes:

Ok, he's shit..:)

Muratovic seems to be interesting. Its not that easy to break into GAKs squad...

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Viola said:
Ok, he's shit..:)
Maybe it's because he is cheap...and it almost rhymes

:)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Muratovic is already an important part of the team, as everybody could see yesterday with him missing. Scored one (perfect header against Rapid), ridiculously sent off once (against Bregenz). Physically strong central midfielder, no old-fashioned playmaker, but with offensive and defensive skills. He is playing next to Aufhauser rather than in front of him, which makes the system a 4-4-2 with two Viererketten in theory, although his passing skills are obviously far better than Aufhauser's. Good buy, fits into the team.

Rabihou looks promising for me. But so did Skelley Adu Tutu at this age... Fast, rather good technique, scoring abilities, but ungestümes Zweikampfverhalten and far away from any Spielintelligenz.

All I have seen of Salgado yet is this chance he missed against Sturm, so - no comment.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Just another missed "matchball" by Salgado today against an injured Thomas Mandl...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts