Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's very clear we need one (or maybe two) new winger for next season. Only Joe played well this season. Malouda failed to make an impact, SWP and Kalou are too inconsistents and Sinclair is still very young.

So, who? I prefer young footballers with lot of potential, because we have enough experienced players. I see in some page that our average age is 28,1...

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Kalou has been very good this season actually. Malouda should be given another season. So only a SWP replacement perhaps

·
Premium Member
17,516 Posts
SWP is not good enuff for chelsea, probably westham or bolton can take him...moluda will leave on his own i think...am a big fan of signing joaquin & villa...

·
Premium Member
17,516 Posts
well real spending the same on ronaldo alone..

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
But Valencia is about to get relegated lol.

Plus both of them aren't shining (Villa is but he's getting injured easily lately).
I really hope we give Joaquin another chance. Villa'll probably join Chelsea, but I don't know why you mentioned his name in this thread:confused:

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
SWP is not good enuff for chelsea, probably westham or bolton can take him...moluda will leave on his own i think...am a big fan of signing joaquin & villa...
Joaquin has been a favorite of mine for a while. Great skill and good physical size for a soccer player. The only thing is he's a right mid and we have J. Cole there. Should we move J. Cole to the left flank?

Better question, what are we going to do to finally solve the RB position? Another Valencia player I admire is Miguel, even though I heard his play dipped this season

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
I think malouda deserves another season, he has been injured a bit but our coach has not given him many opprtunities, the guy is pure quality and would shine at any club but sometimes our rotation/squad selection takes the momentum out of our players. It can't be easy picking a starting 11 out of all those good players but we need to try to stick to a core group of players. I know some people think that having a big squad is good (injury back ups, resting throughout a long season) but it can have also have a negative effect where our players don't have any continuity and struggle to first hit and then keep their form. When Malouda played consistantly at the beggining of the seaosn he was on fire but since then it has gone down hill for him.

You guys will probably hate me for saying what i'm about to say but if it was my way i would not make any drastic player changes this time around. I would even get rid of a few players like Ben Haim and try to implement a core group of players to carry the team. if Lamps or Drog leave then we have a lot to think about but our roster is pretty strong in all positions. Kalou is still young and to date has been promising. In my opinion, Cole and Malouda are the most skilled players on our team and they need to be given the opportunity to play with flair but we don't seem to ever try that. Ballack and Lamps are natural bread workhorses, that we can rely on pulilng goals out of nothing but i don't like seeing them play together (that's just me) but who do you bench????

In a perfect world, i would play 4-4-2 with Essien in a slightly def orientaed mid role, Lamp or ballack as AM, malouda and Cole down the sides and Drog and Anelka as 2 out and out strikers. I no longer like the way we play and want to attack, attack, attack... sorry guys

oh and i forgot to say that SWP is a very bloody good player to have sitting on the bench so unless he wants to leave i hope he stays. Ben Haim and Pizaro should go.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
We don't need Diego; unless Lampard doesnt renew his contract
Maybe just a good defensive midfielder for cover depending on Maka.
A right back who is definete quaility; especially if Ferreira leaves.
And a striker if Sheva and Drogba leave-Villa; Berbotov; Benzema; Fabiano etc
And maybe a winger but honestly I don't think wingers have been the problem this season.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, IMO we need this for next season:

A few strikers. Sheva and Pizarro will leave for sure, and maybe Drogba (If he doesn't want to play for us, then leave!). So we will need to sign one or two great strikers. There are a lot of very good options here, and I'm sure it help us to play more attractive football: David Villa, Dimitar Berbatov, Klaas Jan Huntelaar, Mario Gomez...
A speedy winger. For the reasons I said before, we need one player like Robben because we lack the dutch player's impact. Options there: Ricardo Quaresma, Diego Capel...
A creative attacking midfielder. The most important for me, a player who can dribble with pace, hold on to the ball and with full of skills. Options: Luka Modric, Diego, Jonathan de Guzman...
A new right back. I'm not sure of this point, but I saw Belletti like a one season player. I will try again for Daniel Alves.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Klaas Jan Huntelaar

Diego Capel...
After Kezmen; Kuyt and Snejder I don't think we should seriously look at Klaas. Kezmen and Kuyt both scored tons of goals in Holland-both havent made an impact here. Klaas is a fox in the box-and not physical enough; then looking at Snejder Ajax will ask for a minimum of 15 million pounds. Huntelaar doesnt add much in terms of team play.
Obviously a players like Villa; Gomez; Benzema; Kun; Fabiano will be much better. They might cost a bit more then Klaas but there is definetly more quality in the above mentioned players.

Diego Capel would be a good option, but looks like a light weigth and will need a minimum of one season to get used to the EPL. He can't ride tackles because he isnt physical enough and it will be pretty difficult for him to make the transition to the EPL. Overall would be a good transfer if we are prepared to wait, Arteta would be a better option and less risky.

Also I don't agree about the creative attacking midfielder; because we allready have J.Cole if we wanted to use someone there. Besides if we are going to spend alot of money on a guy to play here we might as well get Lucho.

Ricardo Quaresma would cost ALOT, also I think Real have first option on him.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, Joe Cole can play as creative attacking midfielder, but he is our best winger right now and I prefer to play him on the wing. This season I remember a few matches that Grant played SWP on the middle and Joe on the wing.

And there is some players with light weight in the Premier and they are doing well, like Hleb.
I don't know who, but we need to reinforce our attack, this is very clear.

And like I said in the first post, one important thing is the age. We already have a squad with enough experience and I think we must turn to younger players. I think Luis Fabiano is already 28...

·
props u can read
768 Posts
if morinho was still your manager you'd probably get quaresma. seeing as your team has no charisma, portugese ties or appeal now u wont get him
your likely to attract a talented under paid or under played player via spain, france or germany..ribery maybe ?
i think you need a robben type player (who was outstanding btw) who can bring flair to your team. theres really not much of them about, robinho is an obvious choice, tho i dont think he could cope with the epl. roman will order someone to get him and disregard anybody with football knowledge.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm sure this will be a busy summer for Chelsea. Our board conceded that we don't play a great football and changes will come at the end of the season. Some players will leave for sure: Ben Haim because he's the fifth defender right now; Sidwell and Pizarro because they aren't good enough (they didn't make the CL squad, for God's sake!); Sheva because he did nothing in these years and Milan want to re-sign him (I want to return there, he will be happy and maybe will return to his old form); and... frankly, if Drogba and/or Lampard don't want to stay because of money, lack of Jose or another reason, then LEAVE!
I want Chelsea to follow United and Liverpool examples last season, when they signed young people, angry for glory, like Tevez and Torres. We had enough of 'galacticos', I prefer players who can make an impact and stablish themselves in world footbal as CHELSEA PRODUCTS.

·
props u can read
768 Posts
^ the best thing for you is to get a new coach. the last thing you need is 10 new players
seriously its a joke now. stick with the squad you have (with some transfers out and whoever you need to fill a hole in) its world class and can easily b tweaked into a record braking team

a bunch of new faces wont help anybody. thats been proven already.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.