Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here is the latest (summarized from Marca):

-Apparently, Olympiakos is ready to let go Zahovic for a release fee of about 7 million dollars. Valencia is very interrested.

My opinion is that he is a very talented player that would be a good addition to the team. His problem seems to be one of personality. If he tries anything like he did at Olympiakos, he won't last much in Valencia.
What Marca (and I) wonder is why all these Italian and other "big" teams are not pursuing the player, especially given his very "reasonable" release clause? Marca points out to his potentially disruptive character.

-Oscar seems to be on his way to Espanol (I think his brother will also play there). Valencia agreed to reduce the release fee.

Good for Oscar, since he didn't cut it in Valencia, and didn't want to warm the bench anymore.

In other news, Valencia has started practice (without the International team players).
The team will soon travel to Austria for their annual pre-season preparation.
There, they will play 4 games (2 against Austrian teams, Olympiakos, and a Turkish team).
I believe they will be back around the 28th of July.
On August 4, the team will be officially presented at Mestalla and a friendly game played.
Then, of course, the CL qualifying game.

That's all for now,

Ziad

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Oscars brother is Roger and he is in Espanyol since last year. About ahovic, i think he would be a great adition and hope the primera aquires another great star! Good luck with his signing:D

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I guess there arnt that many Valencia fans here to point out that Valencia had 90% signed Zahovic from Porto before last season but called of the deal in the last second....

So this is very possible, Zlatko wanrted to come here before so...

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
i saw zahovic for the first time at euro2000. it was incredible how he reminded me of the young mijatovic and now he will play for valencia, beautifull. now let's hope he drops his attitude so valencia can do as good as last year.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Real&Barcafan, it wasn't Valencia who called off the deal, but Porto's president who got upset at the way Valencia had approached Zahovic and "swore" not to sell him to Valencia. He also terminated any contact Valencia was having for signing Jardel.
I'm not sure why he got so upset, but I think it was because Valencia tried to deal with Zahovic behind his back, or something like that. I'm not sure.

BTW, Oscar's transfer to Espanol was confirmed today.

Ziad

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
You get a big big big troublemaker with Zahovic.The guy is mad and a jerk.When he realises that he is not the first man on the team he will explode as he did with Olympiakos when he realised that Giovanni was better.

Good luck with Zlatko,you'll need it.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Giovanni better? LOL!:D I think this is a great ascet and hope he will behave himself this time. he is getting older you know and these scandas don't help his money acount:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts