Xtratime Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toto cup will be played with groups stages like it used to be in the past starting next seaspm. The 24 teams from the 2 top divisions will be divided into 6 groups of 4. The first 2 teams in each group advance to the quarters and from there to the semis and the final.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes but toto cup is worthless and usually teams field second rate players or youth players mostly in it so its a chance for those who hardly get a chance to show there worth. :)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Toto Cup groups released

Group 1: Maccabi Haifa, Hapoel Haifa, Hapoel Petah Tikva, Ironi Rishon, Ahi Nazrath, Hapoel Raanana

Group 2: Hapoel Tel Aviv, Bney Yehuda Maccabi Kfar Kana, Hapoel Nazrath Illit, Maccabi Netanya

Group 3: Beitar Jerusalem, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Maccabi Petah Tikva, Maccabi Herzeliya, Hapoel Ramat Gan, Bney Sachnin

Group 4: SC Ashdod, Hapoel Be'erSheva, Hapoel Kfar Saba, Beitar Be'er Sheva, Hakoach Ramat Gan, Hapoel Jerusalem

What do you guys think? Doesn't look too bad, derbies in Haifa and Be'er Sheva, Maccabi vs. Beitar, Yisrael Cohen and Kfar Kana at Bloomfield (any special plans commie? :D), and for the first time in a long time, Beitar will play a team from the Migzar, and that's a chance to try and show we can be different, I hope.... :)

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Interesting draw. I'm sure Israel will have lots of fun in Bloomfield :devil:.

What you didn't mention that only the top team will go through, which means that we have at least one of the top 4 teams crowdwise not playing in the semi-finals.

I expect Hapoel to go through, but that's depends how seriously they will take the competition.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
This structure is better than last seasons but still I think it is an unecessary tournament. I believe some clubs will take this competition more seriously because of the prize in cash, since the clubs are claiming they could have some deficit this season

·
Registered
353 Posts
i personally still love israel cohen, hes like a son that made a mistake.
the beny yehuda games however will be a world war, lo nishkach velo nislach!

gvia hatoto is ours, its the only title that natters =).

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HREVIVO: Are you sure, I read its the first two that go on and when I looked for in other sites only One specified the first team qualify while other sources didn't specify at all.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
What I understood is that those are "quarter finals" groups which means that the semi finals are after which means that only 4 teams qualify which means the first of each group. Unless there another which means it makes sense that's this is how it'll be (do we really need more games???)

·
Registered
249 Posts
the IFA is being dumb again. They had to re-publish the Toto Cup schedule because Hapoel Haifa was meant to start their Toto Cup route away while they have to start the league with 2 away games, which all in all gives 3 away games for the start of the season. Now the new schedule creates problem for Beitar Jerusalem. Their first two games, against us and Maccabi Tel Aviv are away. Add to that they start with 2 away games in the league and you'll have 4 away games for the start of the season. Fanigel sounds furious and said he'll ask them to rearrange the games again just like they did with Hapoel Haifa.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
What's the big deal? It's better to have the away games first anyway because then you'll be playing more games at home after. And eventually you playing the same number of games anyway both at home and away.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.