Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Not impressed - that's too dark a shade of blue :nono:

Hopefully it isn't quite as bad as this and is the result of a poor picture scan or something....

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I think that might just be the light. The shoulders, colourwise, look OK to me. I don't really know what I can say about the new top to be honest. I feel like a Celtic fan at the unveiling of another green and white hopped shirt. The onlt thing I don't like is that it looks very like a Nike design.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Good pics. It doesn't look too bad from those. I don't like the bit at the back of the neck. Very continental looking, let's hope we have the football to match next season.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Doesn't look much different to the current one. I'd rather the red on the top was replaced with white. Don't know if i'll be shelling out £40 for it...

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'd quite like one a bit similiar to the Italy one Italia 90 (where it looks a bit shiney). Although a little lighter and white and red on the arm instead of the green and red.

thought that was a class top

Or the Napoli shirt when Maradona was there...although a darker shade of blue obviously. I recently got a re-release version of that and it's great - it's made out of cotton so feels alot better than the polyester and man made stuff every strip is made out of these days :(

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Dont accuse me of being bias here just because im a celtic fan but, is it just me..or does anyone else feel that there's not really a lot of difference between the current home top and umbro's effort? A little bit of originality never hurt anyone once in a while

·
Registered
946 Posts
shieldos_s9 said:
Dont accuse me of being bias here just because im a celtic fan but, is it just me..or does anyone else feel that there's not really a lot of difference between the current home top and umbro's effort? A little bit of originality never hurt anyone once in a while
It's quite similar, but I think of it as a perfect amalgamation of the current home top and the Nike 2000/01 top. This is certainly one of my favourite 'Gers tops.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Well done to TB on the exclusive! :thmbup:

The official site now has images too:

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Marco Negri said:
Why are they not showing the shorts?

Are they see-through?
They are showing the shorts but I never posted that pic so here you are:

Officially released on Thursday May 12th

As pictured the new home shirt is predominantly royal blue, trimmed with white piping detail and red trim at the neckline and sleeves. The shirt also features the logo of new brand sponsor UMBRO, one of the world's top three football brands, in addition to the logo of our main kit sponsor Carling.

The new home shirt is made using a breathable, lightweight performance fabric designed to give comfort and maximum movement. The shirt is perfectly complemented by white shorts featuring a royal blue trim and red side flashes, with two variations of socks - the traditional black & red, or white with royal blue.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Marco Negri said:
They look a bit see-through to me.
I see what you mean. Given how the likes of James Grady have been caught out I'd imagine the Rangers players better ensure they don't go commando or it could be a bit embarassing- certainly not something you want to see in football.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts