Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given Didier's lack of being able to play upfront there has to be a new striker brought in this summer. I don't think Drogba should leave seeing as I think he'll work fine when you want to go two up but you need a new apex. There aren't many available players who are good enough to be the apex of a team as good as the chavs but there are a few I can think of that could potentially come.

Uh, yeah. Torres, Tevez, Defoe and Adriano are the 4 prime candidates I can think of.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
We will.

Doesn't mean we don't need another striker.

Any but Defoe for me :D. Probs Adriano>Tevez>Toress due to power.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even as a Birmingham fan I don't think he's good enough to be their #1 hotshot. If they want to have four strikers then they should be someone new, Drogba, Eidur (can play in midfield too obv) and Mikael. Though obviously I'd love him back.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I like Forsell, however it'd be best to pick someone up like mentioned before. Forsell could make a huge impact coming off the bench and who knows, he could earn himself a starting position.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JackoTheDon said:
We will.

Doesn't mean we don't need another striker.

Any but Defoe for me :D. Probs Adriano>Tevez>Toress due to power.
Power doesn't seem to be working out for you at the moment though. I put Defoe to get someone fast and tricky on there.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
With the wingers, you don't need someone overly fast.

Just someone who is strong and can finish.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Owen can hold up the ball and has a good first touch. He is not as strong as others but is smarter... he usually wins free-kicks or corners if he can't outmuscle a player directly. Plus he WILL get goals, seriously, give Owen the chances Drogba has had this season and he would be well into the 20's for goals. And if Drogba stays they might make a good pairing since Drogba is so much like Heskey.

Of the strikers listed I would go with Adriano. Torres just dives, requires an entire team built around him, is captain of his club of which he is highly unlikely to leave anyway and lacks any physical presence. Tevez not sure how he would work out, huge gamble when you don't need to take one. Defoe is improving and is already a 20 a season man, very good finisher.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I'll like Chelsea spend less this time. No big signing to shut everyone up.
Peter Crouch gets my vote. Strong in the air, better foot skill than Drogba.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Adriano is a different league to the rest and should frankly be given his own thread, obviously he would be the best choice, out of the other 3 listed Defoe is a better finisher than Torres and Tevez.

Anyway Adriano is the man but I don't think you will get him, but who knows with Moratti...

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
I dont like Drgoba anymore. I am a better finisher then Drogba, IF I got the chance to play :D :howler: ;)

I'd like to see Adriano in the Chelsea team.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Drogba is a £24 Million Heskey :/

Although to be fair to the lad he can be awesome at times. He doesn't show it enough.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
We'll take Drogba on loan in return for Andriy's signature and one of Kaka's socks ;) Fair swap yes? :D

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
You won't buy Adriano, however, Torres is very possible as 30 million pounds will get you him. DeFoe would also be a good buy.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Havent seen much of Torres and Tevez but Adriano is definitely not the right choice. I dont see a player that wants to shine above the rest, fitting into a team where teamwork is at the core of its manager's tactics. Defoe could do but then it would be kinda stupid taking someone else's rising star and not find a striker that would "grow" within Chelsea. I mean in a way it will cost loads and its not certain that a player doing good in one team would do as good at Chelsea. Also JM doenst seem like the kind of manager that would buy mega-stars as much as Kenyon wouldnt be happy spending a lot so ill be interested to see what the transfer policy would be for this summer.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
what about cavenaghi? wasnt he touted as a big thing a year or 2 ago? he is in russia somewhere if im not mistaken?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts