Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
let out from here the most "famous" 4 stadiums in Croatia, there are a lot of smaller projects which deserve a proper topic, so here it is :)

Pula

in pula there are already 2 stadiums, the Veruda-Uljanik stadium, which is proprety of Uljanik brodogradiliste and where Pula SC plays this season,an awful stadiums also for HNL circumstances,

and the Aldo drozina stadium, where plays the third league challenger Istra, it used to be the main klub in Pula, and has a very good supporter's group (demoni), which is better then a lot of first HNL groups
this stadium is already nice and as structure between the best in Croatia

they are going to rebuild the west tribune and cover it, put the lights, put 11200 yellow and green seats and a semafor big 6x4 m, because the club will be a new one, and its name will be simply "Pula", because Istra and Pula SC are finally going to join each other (Istra in fact will remain, but only for youth teams developing the youngsters from Pula, without ambitions ), demoni are for that too!
count that this stadium is much more beloved from Pula's people because it's near by the center of the city, while Veruda is out of it and like it is it doesnt do you want to go there to watch football (and Pula is at the moment, IMHO, showing the 3-4 most beautiful football in HNL )

Vukovar

Vukovar will build a new stadium, because the actual one has not the numbers to play in second HNL,

the project is to build a 5000 seats stadium, which is enough for Vukovar 91

Slavonski Brod

so, it seems they are going to build a new stadium there too, which is needed, because the city has more the 50000 people, and 8 football fields, one worse then the other,
Marsonia plays in Zupanijska liga Zeljeznicar's stadium, but Marsonia's stadium is near by Sava stadium, which has been destroyed during the war

i have no info about this stadium, and i have some doubts they will build it, it seems more some promise by some politician which want to gain votes

Zadar

the city is going to build a new arena for basketball and handball (Zadar is already between the cities which are supposed to host handball EP ) and a new stadium,
supposed to be of 16000 seats,

it will be used from NK Zadar and from AASK Zadar (atletics ),
it will be in line with the UEFA and HNL standards, as you can notice, both tribunes (west and est) will be covered, while the borders on north and soth side will have a wave's theme,
it supposed to cost near to 10 millions
field will be 105x68

Dubrovnik
actual stadium is not a stadium

it seems that people there understand that too and decided to build a new stadium, together witha new pool for Jug, will be builden on Lapad, where it is now in fact , because the city need this for its image, that ruin which there is now, is a shame for the turist
the architect put in the stadium also a lot of commercial projects, it has no atletics,
the idea is to give to some northern clubs the opportunity to train and play here during their winter break, which is a good idea

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
That pitch/ground that Vukovar has is still infinitely better than what Toronto Croatia ever had.

The whole JNA bombed them to smitherines and they still have a better ground.

Fuc.k Toronto Jamaica.

The other plans look great and Zono, great thread.

Cheersch

·
Registered
69,073 Posts
A nice stadium is Kamen Ingrad's, perfectly built and looks like a nice modern stadium seen in England or Germany....problem is that they built it in a village and nobody goes to the games unless Dinamo, Hajduk or Schalke comes :D

Zadar definetely need a new stadium but this has been talked about for years now and nothing yet. Stanovi doesn't have tracks which is great but the stands are a mess and its too small.

I heard NK Zagreb are also making improvements on their stadium?

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
I've been to Kamen's stadium, it's great. Compact and modern.

Can't go past Bijeli Brijeg though :)

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
ah ljepotica!!!

(this is not an aerial photograph, it's the view when driving into Mostar from Medjugorje :) )

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Bijeli Brijeg is very similar to Dukla Prague's old stadium Stadion Juliska. One big tribina andpretty much nothing on the rest of the sides. I'll try to find a pic of it.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Ero said:
ah ljepotica!!!

(this is not an aerial photograph, it's the view when driving into Mostar from Medjugorje :) )

What if there's a mudslide? How beautiful would the stadium be then? Or how about if one of the trees fall? OR since it is a view when driving into Mostar, what if a car loses control and ends up in the stands or on the field? How beutiful will the stadium be then?? :)

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
grba2 said:
Mostar is a Croatian city too.
I think his point was 'new projects'. And Mostar's is not a new one.

Cheersch

·
Registered
69,073 Posts
yes, as Ljubo says this thread is about new stadiums and prjects in Croatia and all of sudden we see Mostar's stadium. Unless there are plans for a new one, post what they are trying to do or make

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
grba2 said:
BTW Ero, why don't they build a bigger tribina on the other side?? The stadium would be magic!!
communist artchitecture hehe.

Mostar is a city of 120,000, the stadium used to seat 35,000 and close to 50,000 in big games...it was enough. That tribina is massive, and looks awesome these days because of 15,000 new seats.

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
ps. I mentioned Mostar's stadium because all others are ugly compared :D

not because it's a new project, you people know I don't stay on topic ffs! :)

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Ero said:
ps. I mentioned Mostar's stadium because all others are ugly compared :D

not because it's a new project, you people know I don't stay on topic ffs! :)

Ahh yes, Mostar has one of Imotski's best stadiums. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts