Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on Gazzetta that you guys are looking to move away from the San Siro by 2012/13 with a stadium model similar to the Allianz Arena and holding around 60,000 people. Would be good news for sure... Lazio also looking to move away from the Olimpico and Juventus want to rebuild Delle Alpi, the process seems long for these two, but hopefully if they get their act together, new stadiums is what Serie A needs.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Gooood !

A high tech modern stadium is going to be built.. with of course, the considerations sun and / or heating / or solar for the Grass to be grown/maintained proper.

The old folks at the other end can use the same old stadium for their old knees.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
We need a modern stadium. Hopefully they'll bring the crowd closer in, it would be nice to have our Curva Nord situated exactly 90 degrees above the opposing team Goalkeeper- I am sure Dida would be proud of the new setup. :)

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
"The way forward is to build new grounds because the majority of the current ones are neither saveable or able to be restructured.

"It's obvious that as long as the stadiums are like this people will prefer to watch the game on television rather than go to the match."------ Galliani

Its pretty obvious what Galliani wants ;)

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
60k seats is a bit of loss from the 80k crowd that attends the derby. Other than that, I think it'd be a welcoming upgrade. I wonder how Inter can afford to fund a new stadium. Does that mean no signings for Mourinho (if he stays around that long)?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
As good as this idea sounds, I'm afraid it will not progress for several years, due to several factors.

First, any stadium, as grand as it is, would require heavy financing and issuance of debt. This is just not the environment to do it, and I don't think there will be the right environment for several years. No one will provide the financing, not to such a private debt-laden club as Inter Milan, despite Moratti's equity backing, and the interest we would pay on any kind of debt issued would be insane.

Think about this. GE had to go to Warren Buffet for capital a few weeks back. GE, a AAA insitutition. This is just not a good time to borrow.

Secondly, Moratti is dealing with a lot of private problems right now. First, due to allegations of improper behavior in Saras, and secondly, Pirelli SpA is having lots of trouble rolling over its short term debt financing.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I don't think too much is known about how the finances of this club works, but for all I know, I don't think our club is built on sound financial strategy. lol

I guess one thing we could do is sell Ibra, Maicon, JC, and Cambiasso to someone desperate like Man City for 200m. Or, the alternative would be to win the CL 5 times, since each time you win it you get 40m euros. :howler:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I don't think too much is known about how the finances of this club works, but for all I know, I don't think our club is built on sound financial strategy. lol

I guess one thing we could do is sell Ibra, Maicon, JC, and Cambiasso to someone desperate like Man City for 200m. Or, the alternative would be to win the CL 5 times, since each time you win it you get 40m euros. :howler:
You can sell Burdisso to them for around 40 mil euro's no disrespect to Inter fan's,but he is'nt one of the fav's amongst the Interisti True?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
ManC want washed up, drugged up, obese-up players like Fat99.

unfortunately , We dont have a milanLab to do it...

·
Registered
32,716 Posts

Yeah, but with the bonuses Moratti would have to pay for just one ChL trophy, to Mou and Mancio and Coast and the Pope. That would ruin Brunei.:stress:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts

I hope you can read this

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
wow didn't realise just ow far behind we are in match day revenue compared to the rest of the top 10. Strange though because we have 40k season ticket holders and Liverpool stadium only holds around 45k, where is this extra difference from? The ticket prices maybe?

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
As good as this idea sounds, I'm afraid it will not progress for several years, due to several factors.

First, any stadium, as grand as it is, would require heavy financing and issuance of debt. This is just not the environment to do it, and I don't think there will be the right environment for several years. No one will provide the financing, not to such a private debt-laden club as Inter Milan, despite Moratti's equity backing, and the interest we would pay on any kind of debt issued would be insane.

Think about this. GE had to go to Warren Buffet for capital a few weeks back. GE, a AAA insitutition. This is just not a good time to borrow.

Secondly, Moratti is dealing with a lot of private problems right now. First, due to allegations of improper behavior in Saras, and secondly, Pirelli SpA is having lots of trouble rolling over its short term debt financing.
yea this is a horrible time to spend money on a stadium; this is a big investment, when the economy is so poor people probably wouldn't pay money to watch football even if the if new stadium is truely state of the art.

I hope Pirelli will be alright...:relieved:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Here are the overall incomes, in M euros:

1. Real Madrid 365.8
2. Manchester Utd 324.8
3. Barcelona 308.8
4. Bayern Munich 295.3
5. Chelsea 268.9
6. Arsenal 264.4
7. Liverpool 210.9
8. AC Milan 209.5
9. Roma 175.4
10. Inter 172.9

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I don't understand why this club is having so much problem with financing. Our commercial revenues aren't anything impressive either. Maybe it's time to get a new sponsor?

On top of this, we are spending so much more money than clubs like Roma on players. If our total income is 179m, and we spend 45m transferring players, and our player salary is 100m, then that means we're running everything on a bag of peanuts.

I also noticed that the euro to pound conversion is for last year. At the current rate, it seems like English clubs will become relatively less wealthy in matchday revenue due to the dropping value of the pound.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
even roma is ahead of us... :(

1 - 20 of 123 Posts