Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you allready heard of the campaign for the New National Stadium called "Bliža se ura resnice" ( The moment of truth is closing up)? It seems that the things are finaly moving somewhere, maybe we will get a decent new stadium afterall. It's just a question when? Soon I hope, some are talking about minimum three years. Anyway it's a bloody shame we actually still don't have one!:mad:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I suppose you haven't watched last week's Trenja? It was about the stadium and let me just say it in short ... I don't see it coming anytime soon :groan:

They have to talk things over in the city council first. Then they have to make a public invitation for the foreign investors and they think they'll do that till the summer. Then we have to wait for some rich foreigner who will sponsor all this, make it two or three, then the potencial investors have to make a deal with the city and the government. Then they'll start building ... of course there will be problems, helloooo this is Slovenia we are talking about. So I can only hope that it'll stand by 2010 :)

If this won't work aka they won't find foreign investors (but according to Schollmayer it shouldn't be a problem) they will rebuild the old stadium and the government will pay 20%. But Soderžnik, who is collecting money from all those who are willing to contribute (btw Pavlin chipped in 500.000 SIT), says the funds will only go for a new stadium.

:frustrat:

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Holly smoke! Why didn't EU demand that all countries, candidates for EU membership, have to have at least one decent stadium before gaining the membership. I am 100% sure, that the stadium would be built in a world record time - even that Rupel idiot would be probably shovelling concrete himself for a couple of hours a day. (BTW, this was my friend ZZTOP's (from WSB) idea, not mine).
:mad:

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And it's a great idea too!

Yes Nina I did watch last thursdays Trenja, and I have to say it made me wanna puke! Those fakin idiots, to see how many people actually oppose the new stadium, and the majority just because it is supposed to be built in Ljubljana. For heavens sake I was even applauding Šiško.:rolleyes: I also don't see will we ever get our new stadium, it's just nice to see something happening in that direction!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts