Xtratime Community banner

New Stadia

6K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  CDG 
#1 ·
I couldn't see a thread devoted to the new stadiums being constructed in Russia in preparation for the World Cup, so I thought I'd start one.

I have just been reading about Spartak's new stadium, which is due to be completed this summer. Wikipedia states the following:

Otkrytie Arena (or Spartak Stadium) is a multi-purpose stadium in Moscow, Russia, the construction of which started in October 2010. It is scheduled to open July 24, 2014.[1]

The venue will be used mostly for football matches and will host the home matches of FC Spartak Moscow. The stadium is designed with a capacity of 44,000 people. The current design has been developed by AECOM and Dexter Moren Associates and will also neighbour a separate indoor arena.[2] The main financing of the construction comes from the club's owner Leonid Fedun through affiliated companies LUKoil company and IFD Kapital.

The stadium was constructed on the site of the Tushino Airport. The new stadium is included in the Russia's bid for the 2018 FIFA World Cup, possibly hosting the opening game, as the Luzhniki Stadium is to host the final.[3] The stadium is to be completed ahead of the VTB Arena to hold the rights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartak_Stadium_(Moscow)
Here's a link with some photos:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1145371&page=180

#6 ·
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1412180&page=10

Nice photo of the current 2nd best team in Russia - Krasnodar's new 36,000 seater stadium which will be ready next year, scroll right down to the bottom of the page and you can see their new stadium against the backdrop of their youth set up, pitches etc.

Quite an unusual stadium.

I think they are definitely on the rise, they have only been form just over 8 years and had attendances over 30,000 in Europe this season. I think they will average well over 20,000 and nearer to the mid-twenties when their new stadium is opened.

#16 ·
And this is how the Kazan Arena (Capacity 45,000) Stadium currently looks.

The stadium is being converted back into a Football Arena, this should be completed later this month and then the Pitch just needs re-laying. It will be too late for the Europa League match v Bordeaux but will be in time for the match against Liverlool.

#19 · (Edited)
I've seen it buddy, the finished project looks amazing.

I've a feeling you will sell out the 6,000 seats for the big matches v your Zenit St Petersburg's etc but for the Ural/Amkar's I reckon the CSKA Morecambe 4600 Barmy Army will push the capacity close, just leaving 1400 empty seats. It will be a far different scenario than the one you have at the moment where 4600 fans come as humans and the rest of the 18,000 capacity crowd is made up 13400 fans who come dressed as Light Blue Seats....

I really like the unique design of having 3 stands down one side of the stadium.

Nice one

#23 ·
Krasnodar's new 36,000 seater stadium, reportedly scheduled to be open next month, not so sure, they need to install the seats and do a test match too but the pitch looks ready, probably just a touch up outside needed too.

Looks brilliant and very unique.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.