Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know when the new seasons fixture list is out? What is the usual kick-off times for Real Madrid home games?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Also the fixtures for second division ? :(:(

Jezza, here is some info on kick-off hours :
As a rule, all Spanish first division matches are played on Sunday evenings, with kick-off time around 7 p.m. in summer and 5 p.m. from autumn onwards. There is one match televised by a codified channel starting at 7.30 p.m. All other Sunday games are shown on Pay Per View channels.

The Spanish national television transmits one live match every Saturday night. In addition, if any club is taking part in a mid-week European competition, their fixture is usually brought forward to Saturday.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Kevin for the info. I'm planning a trip to Madrid during the early part of the season so the info is helpful. Life must be tough as an Atletico fan at the moment. Try supporting Leyton Orient in the Nationwide Third division. We couldn't even beat the English National Team!!!!!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You're welcome Jezza :)

It our hard times and the optimism is gone :(

Hope you have fun in Madrid but that won't be a problem i think. Sadly enough you can't see the Madrilenan derby, no one will :( Oh no, there i go again..

But i'll stick to Atlético instead of Leyton Orient :)

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
The Spanish fixture list for season 00-01 should be out soon. If anyone get their hands at them before me, post them at his board!

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
It may not be that soon, since the season starts in October. Or was that for Italy? Anyways it's gonna be late and that sux:mad:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
This is what i read yesterday in a magazine about the start of some competitions :

Spain : 9 September :(
Italy : 1 October
England : 19 August
Germany : 12 August
Belgium : 12 August (at least i can watch this one to kill the time before the spanish one starts ;))

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Well, i could expect such an answer :)

You better watch out because you could play against us in the cup you know :D

I don't know exactly when segunda starts and i don't care for that one year i have to watch that division ;)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
One year! I see you're very optimistic Kev! hehe:D:D:D Anyway, I'm pretty glad the season starts so late (9th september), because it will alow me to see most of the games. Usually, when it started on mid-august I was always on vacation and didn't know anything about the world:mad: als I think my lucky number #9 means our team - Real Madrid will have a lucky year! haha, am I going overboard here?:D

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Kev, besides from Atletico and Betis-who will take the last third do you think? It wont be Sevilla, who?

1.Real Betis
2.Team x
3.Atletico

My top three 2000/2001

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yes, i'm optimistic. We can't have that bad luck two years in a row.
We have to best team on paper, now we just have to prove it on the field.. We also have bought a lot players with experience in second division. Only Gómez hasn't, the other 7 did ;)

What would have happened last season if the league started on 9 september --> 9/9/99 :D:D
You would have won everything with 5-0 ? :)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Well, i think Salamanca has a very good chance. Not only because they have Munteanu :) and 3 of our young players ;)
. They were also close last year and maybe as outsider Extremadura (because Gaspercic plays there :))

I think we're going to win the league but i would also be very happy if we ended in the top-3 because that is the most important !!

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Could you be so nice to post the probable Startin 11 (atletico) for us here at the spanish forum?
Personally i think Betis will have a stronger "paper" cause it seems to me that Atleticos players are those being rumored the most to go away!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Hehe, you really think Betis are gonna get bakc to the Primera? Finidi, Denilson, Alfonso, Prats and many others are all leaving. it's a lost cause..:mad:

As for Munteanu, isn't he Atetico property? Great buy. He will be the scond best to Geremi in some time...:D:D

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Well, this would be our complete roster :

GK : Toni, Rubio, Sanchez

Def : Toni, Aguilera, Hibic, Amaya, Hernandez, Llorens, Capdevila, Lopez, Santi, Gaspar

Mid : Leal, Baraja, Gómez, Zahinos

Att : Kiko, Salva, Juan Carlos, Correa

Zambrano said he want to play a 5-3-2 formation so it would be something like this i think

___________________Toni__________________

_______Hernandez__Hibic___Llrorens_______

Aguilera_______________________Capdevila

_________Leal____Baraja____Gómez_________

____________Kiko_____Salva_______________

Our defence is very experienced and almost everyone played already in second division. Midfield is also very good and who is going to stop our strikers when they are in form ? :)

What would be Betis line up ?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yes, Munteanu is our property now but he stays on loan to Salamanca for one season until we return to Primera Division. I think this team would also do very good in Primera. Only problem could be Gil and his problems :(

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Speaking of the Spanish league start times, I glanced at an article in Marca about having to possibly change kick off times due to some new European broadcasting laws. Did anyone hear anything about this? If not, I can try and find the article again.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I was shocked Salva signed for Atletico! :mad: what the hell is that supposed to mean? Is he an idiot? And is fernando Correa gonna be back to his great form next yeaR?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts