Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else see the still shot from the Oz-N.Cale. game on theworldgame.com.au???

Seems we have another offering from adidas ... urgh ... dark green with gold sleeves, gold shorts with green socks.

Can we get some continuity???

Why is it that every other Australian national team has a shirt/uniform they have kept forever - which has tradition (Wallaby Gold, Baggy Green, Rugby League Kangaroos, etc), where as we let adidas send us out in a different monstrosity every 5 minutes ... Let's go down memory lane:

YWC 91/Barca 92 - The puke/camouflage effort ...
USA94 Qualis - The stock standard gold with green 3-stripes effort ...
Atlanta96 Qualis/Assorted Friendlies - The weird all gold with 3-stripes in the shape of little diamonds down the side (green/black/green) ...
Atlanta96 - All gold with three green stripes/slashes on both sides of the shirt coming down from the shoulders ...
France98 Qualis - That weird gold with green stripes goin everywhere with black(why?!) shorts ...
Friendlies 99 - The short lived three panel (a la St. Kilda AFL) green/gold/green and blue/gold/blue shirts ...
Sydney 2000 - All gold Nike offering with only green visible as trim and numbering ...
Japorea 2002 Qualis - Dull green as a home-kit (again, why?) ...

And then we have today's crap (have a look if you havent seen it already ...

When are we going to tell adidas to make us a shirt we play in 24/7??? Italy have the famous blue shirt, Brazil the yellow shirt, England the white, Argentina the blue and white stripes, etc ...

We have to put pride in the shirt before we even think about moving forward.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I dont mind the new strip actually, but it would be good if we can keep it for longer than 6 weeks..... :rolleyes: ... its much better than the last strip we had :)

dyertribe, the reason why we always seem to change strips is all thanks to Adidas releasing new designs every year. But its not adidas that tell us what to wear.... its up to Soccer Australia to make it clear to adidas that we are going to stick with the one strip/design for at least a few years.

BTW, the strip we used in the Olympics was Nike because they had the uniform rights to the Oz Olympic Team, meaning that our lads werent allowed to wear adidas gear. And the France '98 Qualifs strip was especially designed by adidas (upon SA's request :rolleyes: ) to try and incoporate the logo of our major sponsors at the time, Coca-Cola. Hence the presence of those wierd green stripes (and didnt they just make you want to go out and buy a Coke??)

I must admit though that my favourite all-time Away kit was the green/blue stripes that we had back in the mid-90's. The reason why i liked it.... it looked pretty good, but more importantly came out in a long-sleeved version :D

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes mate I'm well aware that adidas' insipid new designs are the reason for us chopping and changing and that was the exact point I was trying to make ... when the fcuk is SocAus gonna stand up, put some pride in the shirt and say something like:

"Oi you stooges at adidas ... we want a gold shirt, green shorts, and gold socks ... you can put minor touches on it that we have to approve but thats the way it stays"

Design touches have nothing to do with us having gold home shorts, then green, then black, etc etc etc ... same with a home shirt that changes from gold to green to gold etc etc etc ...

The colours should remain sacred no matter which sh1t design adidas give us :depress:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts