Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was reported on teamtalk, and a similar report on soccernet. I know they are both pretty unreliable, but nevertheless I will post the article.

Arsenal signing reported/Dutch defender tracked ««
Arsenal have reportedly sealed the £7m signing of Real Mallorca's Cameroon international midfielder Lauren Etame-Mayer.
Officials from the Spanish club have announced that Lauren did not play in Friday's 2-1 home defeat by Atletico Madrid "to avoid any possibility of injury".
Arsenal have not commented on the reports but it has been suggested that Lauren will have a medical at Highbury early in the coming week to complete the deal.
Lauren impressed for his country in the African Nations Cup and Arsenal will have fought off interest from several other European clubs.
Lauren has been courted by the likes of AS Roma and Paris St Germain and his arrival will bolster the midfield, which has suffered from lack of back-up to Patrick Vieira and Emmanuel Petit.
Mallorca have wished the player the best of luck at Arsenal and Lauren has thanked the Spaniards for allowing him this chance, despite him still having three years on his contract at Mallorca.
Meanwhile, the Gunners are being linked with a late shock move for Roda defender Joos Valgaeren who is set to play against NEC in Sunday's Dutch Cup Final.
Valgaeren is rated at around £4.5m and it is understood that Arsenal may nip in ahead of Feyenoord.
They have had a £3.5m bid rejected and are believed to have thought that the player was as good as theirs.
The big Dutchman has been likened to Manchester United's Jaap Stam but apparently is also a capable midfielder who can score goals too.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Joos Valgearen is from belgium he is more likey to join feyenoord, so Konterman will be availibele and he is better!
take him while you can but expect competition from rangers
Chelsea is also interested in Valgearen

D

·
0 Posts
Feyenoord will sell Konterman for a huge fee, Real Madrid has also shown interest in him.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
vg out of barca
BUY DUTCH NOW
f. de boer
kluivert
r. de boer
reiziger
bogarde
zenden
cocu
all up for grabs wenger :)

and it looks like bergkamp and overmars wont be leaving for sure now :)

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reizinger and F. De Boer would be perfect

I

·
0 Posts
I think that Arsenal should try for the De Boer brothers and Cocu.

D

·
0 Posts
The Dutch player could possibly stay loyal to Barca and stay with them for next season.

There is a lot of talk about Barca players leaving, especially the Dutch, now since VG has re-signed, but on one hand I can see the majority staying. Barca has a team that can win the treble, but they now just need the right coach.

Should Cruyff become of Barca, then I doubt any Dutch players will leave.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
i dont know if zenden would come, because he would have to play backup to overmars
f.de boer is definitely one to buy
cocu would be good, replacement for petit
r. de boer is on right wing, so good battle between him a parlour for the spot
reiziger would be nice as rb
but i think r. de boer can also play rb
getting any of them would be great

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

D

·
0 Posts
Arsenal is only willing to pay 5 million pounds for Cameroon midfielder Lauren Bisan-Etame Mayer, who is valued at 7.2 million pounds by his club Real Mallorca.

L

·
0 Posts
F De Boer would be a good defender when Adams can´t play all matches.
Who do you think will replace Suker?
Hopefully some young British player.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
nyarko is from lens and is quite young
thats all i know about him
franca is a brazilian striker who scored against england in friendly
brazilian international
but hed only come for around 12M, which would mean that hed expect to start, which means henry-franca, and they play very similarly. and there'd be no room for bergkamp or kanu either...
panucci is earning 60000/wk (pounds) at inter, so if he moves, arsenal will be very lucky, because i dont think dein is ready to pay that much for a player
de la pena would be nice
though he hasnt really proved himself to be world class, but maybe if arsenal could get him on loan, he might play well, and then get him permanently. how much would he be

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think Barett would be a good choice as a fourth striker. From what I read in the paper he is awfully good. He could play in some of the less important matches and also be used as a sub a lot.

D

·
0 Posts
it's reported that Jesper Gronkjaer of Ajax might still be a possible target. But why?, Arsenal need to hurry the hell up and sign the damn Pires.
Gronkjaer is an outstanding player, but Pires is much more multi-functional.
The reported fee for Gronkjaer is 5 million pounds, no way Ajax will accept that little.

D

·
0 Posts
It seems everything is happening at Arsenal, now these rumours -

Panucci £4m
Franca £12m
Nyarko £3.5m

Panucci has a desire to stay in Milan, so he'll probably be joining former club AC Milan from Inter Milan.

I have no idea who France plays for, and I've never heard of Nyarko, does anybody know who he is and who he plays for?

L

·
0 Posts
I have heard that Arsenal is intresting in buying Ivan De La Pena from Lazio. That could be an intresting player if Petit is leaving. What do you think?

D

·
0 Posts
Arsenal offered 4 million pounds ($6.1 million) for Inter Milan defender Christian Panucci, and will begin negotiations with the player over personal terms.

Arsenal had a 3 million-pound bid for the 27-year-old Italian international rejected, but have been given permission by Inter to begin talks.

Arsenal also wants to sign Sao Paolo's Brazil striker Franca and Lens midfielder Alexander Nyarko, and agreed to sign Marseille midfielder Rodert Pires.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts