Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As was mentioned in the FM forum topic about wanting a PSG forum, I said that I was planning to get more forums set up in the style of the English, Italian, Spanish forums are, with a main title and team forums clearly listed. To do this, I need to take a plan to Jan, the site owner.

What I anticipate as his reply will be: What teams? All or only the biggest or only the most popular.

Please do some discussing and let me know which teams! Perhaps you want to discuss here and then PM me the results, I just need something to show to Jan. Thank you!

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any others?? That's only 2....talk it over!

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Nice initiative, Debs. C'mon people! Voice your opinion!

France has many great clubs (Bordeaux, Lyon) but I believe that only Olympique de Marseille and AS Monaco would attract the interest of foreigner posters as they're the most mediatic French clubs. Lyon is the richest but their history is too too poor. The French section could look this way:

French League & National Team

AS Monaco

Olympique de Marseille

Paris Saint-Germain

That's something to consider, but only to certain conditions off course. firstly, it's vain to start new forums for the sake of starting new forums. We need real, addicted fans. Secondly, perhaps it's not the right moment as exams are approaching...

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Woohooo...
I am a big fan of AS Monaco!!
Two years ago, I asked Jan to make a forum for Monaco and France league, but Jan told me that it's better to make that France forum first since at that time, only me who had interest on France football!! :)

Well, if the management wants to fulfill my old time request, it would be a great news for me...

Let's make it, baby!! :)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I'm from Bordeaux, so obviously, you guessed what my team is...;):tongue:

ALLEZ GIRONDINS!:):star:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think the main contendores have been covered above - PSG,OM,Monaco,Lyon and of course Bordeaux - these are after all probably the biggest clubs in France.Perhaps though,as more of a general idea,it would be good to represent other clubs in some way.For example,Auxerre & Lens - both clubs seem to do well(in different ways & circumstances)in a consistent way.Lens have had a good campaign this year(again) considering thir size.And Auxerre's youth system keeps turning out talented & promising players.Just a thought.:)

·
Premium Member
43,417 Posts
And one more thing I saw ... it is very interesting to see the French forum being moderated by one Belgium ... Seriously, some people, like Charles Baudelaire, for example, would have had hard time if they could see it ... :D :D :D

PS Just kidding guys ... and yes, Steph, I know about your mom :D ;)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Debs said:
Any others?? That's only 2....talk it over!

Ok I am parisian and PSG is my heart but I follow the french leauge very much and have good knowledge of Marseille,Bordeaux,Monaco and the rest to and it would be really funny to post in different french team forums.:)

G

·
let's go for a lyon forum, as my brother is a big fan i could give some news from them:)
and maybe, maybe.... they will be champions this year, so, i think lyon deserves a forum.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
bono74 said:
And one more thing I saw ... it is very interesting to see the French forum being moderated by one Belgium ... Seriously, some people, like Charles Baudelaire, for example, would have had hard time if they could see it ... :D :D :D
Hah...
You want another interesting fact, Bono?
I was the only moderator of this forum, and you know who I am??
I am Indonesian and has no French root at all... :D :D

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Thank you to everyone for their input. Keep it up! :)

1/
I'm experiencing it right now with the newly created PSG forum, where only Patrick, Leboeuf_81 and myself are posting: no matter the renown of a football club, it's always the number of dedicated fans that matters in the end. Lens and Auxerre, for instance (and possibly Lyon and Bordeaux), despite enjoying happy moments in the nowadays French championship, do not have what it takes to be successful as XT forums (right now, at least): a potential, in terms of fans, enough developped. This was discussed during the PSG forum's setup, I think that at least 3-4 people, including one local expert, are an absolute neccessity. Otherwise, the forum voughts to be neglected once the hype dissapeared.

2/
Which brings me to my second remark. When the French section will be fully operational, I might try to lure people, French people to be precise, from the supporters' online sites of the clubs that would be involved here. I do not warrant the success of this approach, so do not rely that much on this initiative, but that's something to consider. Meanwhile, since everything but the potential is favourable to the creation of certain forums, I invite everyone to contact people interested in joining.

3/
Election of FM's, if one (or more) new forum(s) was (were) to be created, is another issue and will be discussed subsequently. please, stick to the original purpose of this thread.

4/
I aforementioned the approaching exams. A difficult period during which many people, including myself, have very few time to spend on Xtratime. Starting a new forum requires more than the usual way of posting. It requires a lot of commitment and a lot of time to make it take off. I admit that everything did not go according to plan. I'm facing difficulties to make the PSG take off as a result of my limited free time lately. Not that I want to give up on it (not at all) but it's just one of those periods you know. Exams coupled with the near end of the season, that's something to consider. Perhaps the timing for a new forum is not the most attractive there is. Perhaps we could try the experience in the summer.

5/
I need to know who, besides the people that appear in this thread, would be interested (that implies posting, alright?) in a Monaco forum and a Olymique de Marseille forum.

Thank you and have a good day! :)
Stephañho.

PS - Bono, aren't you aware? We Belgiums (you suck at orthography, mate! :D), rule France! And screw that ****** Baudelaire, ok ! ;)

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GREAT responses, mes amis, merci tres bien!

I'm sending the links and requests to Jan to take a look at. I believe this sort of re-design is something that has to be done from his end of things. Please be patient!

Also, as Steph says, the next step will be finding FMs AND we will need forum descriptions!:cool:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Just a small question. Has there been any progress yet?

:)
Prince

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Welcome Bud!:)
There is such a forum when all the new members can introduce themselves. Check the Fan Exchange forum, where you can not only introduce yourself, but also post a pic of you.:)

I hope you enjoy your stay in here!It's always great to have new French people in this forum as we are only very few. Probably 5 or 6 not much (that is if you count Belgians as Frenchies as well...;):D:howler: desolé Steph, tu m'en voudras pas hein des fois pou-poule?;):D ).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.