Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
18,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nax very slow off the mark this season so, here we go.....

Reactions: Nacka

·
Registered
18,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Only 7 starters from title winning side (OK it would be 8 if Lautaro wasn't suspended).

Sensi looked good against Kiev but who knows what he'll do on the day. Only other option is Satriano (Pinamonti will be loaned to Empoli, from what I'm hearing).

Sensi, Brozo, Hakan, Barella, Dzeko should at the very least be creative.

Interested to see if we have Thuram/Correa in time for Verona next week.

·
Registered
18,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Note: Satriani off to Crotone

·
Registered
66,130 Posts
Bein sports didn't buy the Serie A TV rights this season :( so apparently lega Serie A will show some matches via youtube... not ideal. Hopefully Bein (formerly Al Jazeera sports) or others end up buying the rights for MENA region.

Genoa have a player named Cambiaso ? What? Only 1 s but still intriguing...

Interested in seeing Vanheusden.

Sirigu a good experienced keeper. Ekuban is a highly rated Ghanaian international they signed from Trabzonspor.

It would be incredibly stupid to let go of both Pinamonti and Satriano now, deadline is still on August 31st no? Imo both should stay til the Verona match then either both leave or one does.

·
Registered
66,130 Posts
Only 7 starters from title winning side (OK it would be 8 if Lautaro wasn't suspended).

Sensi looked good against Kiev but who knows what he'll do on the day. Only other option is Satriano (Pinamonti will be loaned to Empoli, from what I'm hearing).

Sensi, Brozo, Hakan, Barella, Dzeko should at the very least be creative.

Interested to see if we have Thuram/Correa in time for Verona next week.
More cms also means more freedom for the wbs to attack so hopefully we see some crosses for Dzeko

·
Registered
18,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would be incredibly stupid to let go of both Pinamonti and Satriano now, deadline is still on August 31st no? Imo both should stay til the Verona match then either both leave or one does.
One of Correa or (far more likely) Thuram is being signed. That leaves us with 4 strikers: Dzeko, Lautaro, Thuram, Sanchez. Inzaghi seems to be willing to play Sensi behind the striker, so that leaves us with 5 forwards. Perisic in emergencies.

I also think Pinamonti is so far below Inter quality it's not funny. It speaks volumes that Inzaghi isn't starting him with Lautato and Sanchez out.

I'm pretty certain he'll be loaned out but who knows. Most of us said the same last season.

I'm sure it would be at the very end of the window as well.

·
Registered
47,629 Posts
Bein sports didn't buy the Serie A TV rights this season :( so apparently lega Serie A will show some matches via youtube... not ideal. Hopefully Bein (formerly Al Jazeera sports) or others end up buying the rights for MENA region.

Genoa have a player named Cambiaso ? What? Only 1 s but still intriguing...
Indeed. Our Cambiasso hails from Genoa (this was stated when we established his eligibility to play for us under the EU status). And the family name originally had only 1 "s". The 2nd "s" arrived due to a transcript error following the migration of his ancestor, Francesco Cambiaso, to Argentina. Btw, there's a fairly famous 16th century artist from Genoa called Lucchetto da Genova (iirc)...otherwise known as Luca Cambiaso.

Reactions: Nerazzurri4life

·
Registered
66,130 Posts
That's a lot of historic info about the Cambiaso/Cambiasso family there. You read that in the past or did a bit of research?

·
Registered
47,629 Posts
Both...there were write-ups about the history when he attained the EU eligibility but, more recently (if you consider 2017 recent), this article puts together more than most about Cambiasso's ancestry. The writer doesn't mention Luca Cambiaso but it wasn't necessary in the context.

·
Registered
66,130 Posts
Hopefully that new Cambiaso guy doesn't score against us..

Doesn't look like our Cuchu but he is a midfielder too

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
66,130 Posts
One of Correa or (far more likely) Thuram is being signed. That leaves us with 4 strikers: Dzeko, Lautaro, Thuram, Sanchez. Inzaghi seems to be willing to play Sensi behind the striker, so that leaves us with 5 forwards. Perisic in emergencies.

I also think Pinamonti is so far below Inter quality it's not funny. It speaks volumes that Inzaghi isn't starting him with Lautato and Sanchez out.

I'm pretty certain he'll be loaned out but who knows. Most of us said the same last season.

I'm sure it would be at the very end of the window as well.
If Sanchez has a long term injury we should sign 2 forwards.

Hopefully Thuram and Insigne. Insigne would cost less than Correa.

If Pinamonti and Satriano are both leaving and Alexis is injured for a few months then Lautaro, Dzeko and 1 new forward won't be enough.

·
Registered
18,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hopefully Thuram and Insigne. Insigne would cost less than Correa.
This is my hope as well, though I feel Insigne is a pipe dream.

Thuram has a higher ceiling than Correa and is 3 years younger - he makes sense. Gladbach have lowered their asking price to 25m.

German clubs (that aren't Dortmund) have really low asking prices this summer actually. Look at Eintracht: Kostic will probably go to Lazio for less than 15m (criminal that we aren't signing him at that price) and Andre Silva just got sold to Leipzig for 23m after a 28 goal league season 😳

Insigne at 20m or less is also a no-brainer, regardless of his age. Automatic 15ish goals and 10ish assists. Though his wage would be very high. I have a feeling De Laurentis will just keep him until his contract expires. Maybe we get him for free next summer.

The dream is then still that Nandez somehow happens (I'm not a big Calhanoglu fan, though I wish him well).

·
Registered
66,130 Posts

·
Registered
18,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They have a really weak squad.

We should beat them well.

·
Registered
I M Inter Milan I M
25,062 Posts
MILAN - The season starts today with Inter v Genoa! Here are the teams named by Simone Inzaghi and Davide Ballardini for the 18:30 CEST kick-off at the Stadio Meazza.

INTER (3-5-1-1): 1 Handanovic; 37 Skriniar, 6 de Vrij, 95 Bastoni; 36 Darmian, 23 Barella, 77 Brozovic, 20 Calhanoglu, 14 Perisic; 12 Sensi; 9 Dzeko.
Subs: 21 Cordaz, 97 Radu, 2 Dumfries, 8 Vecino, 11 Kolarov, 13 Ranocchia, 18 Agoume, 22 Vidal, 32 Dimarco, 33 D'Ambrosio, 48 Satriano, 99 Pinamonti.
Coach: Simone Inzaghi.

GENOA (3-5-2): 57 Sirigu; 3 Vanheusden, 14 Biraschi, 4 Criscito; 27 Sturaro, 47 Badelj, 65 Rovella, 33 Hernani, 50 Cambiaso; 19 Pandev, 91 Kallon.
Subs: 22 Marchetti,2 Sabelli, 5 Masiello, 9 Favilli, 10 Melegoni, 20 Ekuban, 24 Bianchi, 44 Buksa, 66 Serpe, 80 Agudelo,89 Eyango, 90 Portanova.
Coach: Davide Ballardini.

Referee: Marini.
Assistants: Liberti, Vecchi.
Fourth official: Marchetti.
VAR: Valeri.
Assistant VAR: Carbone.

·
Registered
66,130 Posts
@Firdaus

Here we go, red starting with the fate tempting from matchday 1..

We are without our 3 main forwards from last season! Easy on the arrogance.

·
Registered
66,130 Posts
Pandev, Criscito and Sirigu with plenty of experience. Hernani assisted and scored against us for Parma last season. Vanheusden out to prove himself. Cambiaso and Kallon, neither played for us but their namesakes did and this is worrying tbh.

·
Registered
18,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You're the most superstitious person I have ever known, Ahmed.

·
Registered
18,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow, nice to see fans back at San Siro

1 - 20 of 132 Posts